Yesterday at the mall at telus in canada is offering a free xbox 360 with an activation of a window7 phone wow it looks really bad for microsoft if that doesn't what are they going to do next? Might have to do something drastic !
    12-18-10 08:06 AM
    Yesterday at the mall at telus in canada is offering a free xbox 360 with an activation of a window7 phone wow it looks really bad for microsoft if that doesn't what are they going to do next? Might have to do something drastic !
    its not really desperate, just marketing. its a trick UK companies do every xmas, bump the 24 month line rental up by �10 a month, then offer a free ps3 or xbox360 or wii, cos it works out about the same in the long run.

when nokia launched the 5800 it was �15 a month on 24 months, on exactly the same plan shops were selling at �25 a month on 24 months with a free Wii. Wii costs �180, so they make �60 and people think they are up in some way.

just clever marketing.

edit: Free gifts - The Carphone Warehouse that link shows what i mean, its a `common practice` in the UK. to me holiday sales arent nessecarily reflective on how a handset is doing, but more on the fact its the holiday season,
    Last edited by BBThemes; 12-18-10 at 08:31 AM.
    12-18-10 08:14 AM
    how much does a win7 phone cost in canada thoug....are they readily available on the carriers at subsidized prices?
    12-18-10 08:16 AM
    Windows 7 phones are supposedly not doing well at all. I have yet to see one in the wild. Ballmer is dodging questions on sales of Win7 as much as Mike L and Jim B are dodging questions on US sales of BB's.
    12-18-10 08:34 AM
    how much does a win7 phone cost in canada thoug....are they readily available on the carriers at subsidized prices?
    Bell has got them for 49 for 3yr term or 449 straight up
    12-18-10 01:57 PM
    it is desperate. their product wasn't ready for public "consumption"..so they gotta give away an xbox. they also hope that you will then by a kinect some games and then an xbox live account. straight up Gillette 101 merchandising.
    12-18-10 02:01 PM
    Windows 7 phones are supposedly not doing well at all. I have yet to see one in the wild. Ballmer is dodging questions on sales of Win7 as much as Mike L and Jim B are dodging questions on US sales of BB's.
    makes you go hmmmmmmm doesn't it?
    12-18-10 02:02 PM
    Is it the new xbox or an old original refurbished xbox 360 arcade?
    I thought they were doing the same deal here, but I was being dyslexic and they're actually just giving out a free game - well, coupon for a free game, you still pay sales tax.
    12-18-10 02:27 PM
    I read back in October about Windows Mobile 7's partnership with HTC and all the various Win7 phones they'd be releasing, but I haven't read/heard/seen anything about it since then. Admittedly, I haven't been going out of my way to learn about it since then, but it certainly doesn't seem that the world is "abuzz" with excitement about Win 7-HTC phones.
    12-18-10 03:01 PM
    Win7 seems to me... a good thing if you're not willing to go the BlackBerry route, have been burned by Apple in the past, and still want a good phone that isn't 2% OS, 98% extraneous applications.

I just don't like the social networking BS that's tied to it... and for that matter, all new phones. But hey, can't fault them for aiming for the lowest common denominator with the widest installed base, if you follow the thin trail to the fat metaphor.
    12-19-10 11:45 PM
    desperate like all the verizon wireless buy one BB get one free or RIM giving away free Playbooks for developing an app?
    12-26-10 10:12 PM
    1.5million there is your answer... they just didnt want to talk about it. nothing to be ashamed about that number.
    12-26-10 10:15 PM
    1.5million there is your answer... they just didnt want to talk about it. nothing to be ashamed about that number.
    Excuse me, what? please dont try to be confuse with people's minds with mis-infom message like that. thank you very much!

Let me get straight: This number is not phones sold to users, it is phones sold to carriers and retailers. 1.5 millions licenses. nothing more.
    12-27-10 07:11 AM
    Excuse me, what? please dont try to be confuse with people's minds with mis-infom message like that. thank you very much!

Let me get straight: This number is not phones sold to users, it is phones sold to carriers and retailers. 1.5 millions licenses. nothing more.
    Since this number actually came from MS and all MS is selling is WP7 licenses maybe you understand that MS has actually sold 1.5 million licenses of WP7 and thats all they care about.

Maybe if people want handset sales numbers they should ask the manufacturers.
    12-28-10 11:10 AM
    makes you go hmmmmmmm doesn't it?
    Heck yeah it does lol. I've been lookin for a partner in crime for my PS3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 12:36 AM
    desperate like all the verizon wireless buy one BB get one free or RIM giving away free Playbooks for developing an app?
    They do that with Android phones just as much as the other phones. They don't phone-discriminate
    12-29-10 01:44 PM
    They do that with Android phones just as much as the other phones. They don't phone-discriminate
    all smartphones.

buy one smartphone, get another of equal of lesser value free.
    01-04-11 01:48 AM
    i don't think it is desperate and the free xbox is not being offered in the US. i would have returned my 360 (within the 90 return policy at walmart) and did this if that were the case.
    01-04-11 01:53 AM
    Makes sense all companies give incentives. You have bogo, apple letting early upgrades for iphone, and so on.
    01-04-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD