Don't know if it's true but I heard windows phones are able to run android apps same blackberry since 10.2.1

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    01-20-15 10:44 AM
    01-20-15 11:08 AM
    I've heard it has been discussed.....

But I think the moment that Microsoft opened that door... Google would slam it shut on them and anyone else that thinks that "open" really means "free". Only way it would happen is if Microsoft gave up something, like say making Chrome the default browser for Windows 10 or Google the default Search Engine.

Right now Google can ignore BlackBerry, Tizen, Sailfish and anyone else trying to live off of Android. But they couldn't ignore Microsoft and their potential to buy their way into the market.
    01-20-15 11:21 AM
    Right now Google can ignore BlackBerry, Tizen, Sailfish and anyone else trying to live off of Android. But they couldn't ignore Microsoft and their potential to buy their way into the market.
    Exactly. And if MS tried this, it's virtually certain that any action Google took to block MS would also cut off Tizen, Sailfish, BB10, PBOS, and everything else that wasn't Google-certified Android too. It would be a nightmare for BB10 users, and could very well lead directly to the end of BB10.
    01-20-15 09:04 PM
    There still would be Amazon and other third party app stores where you could download apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:16 PM
    For what I understand it's not just a runtime but running the actual OS. Either multi boot or running both at the same time. Running the full os, Google won't be able to say anything about it

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:24 PM
    Double post
    01-21-15 12:35 PM
    For what I understand it's not just a runtime but running the actual OS. Either multi boot or running both at the same time. Running the full os, Google won't be able to say anything about it

Posted via CB10
    Can you source this? Multiboot is non-starter. No one wants to reboot their phone just to use Instagram. As for VM Android, I imagine that would incur a higher performance and battery penalty than integrating a runtime as BB has done.
    Not easy as it sounds. There's Amazon they would be blocking. Google will not block Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    They've done it before for changing the app to portal into Amazon app store. No doubt in my mind that Google would do it again if it needed to.
    01-21-15 12:42 PM
    Can you source this? Multiboot is non-starter. No one wants to reboot their phone just to use Instagram. As for VM Android, I imagine that would incur a higher performance and battery penalty than integrating a runtime as BB has done.

They've done it before for changing the app to portal into Amazon app store. No doubt in my mind that Google would do it again if it needed to.
    I'm pretty sure you can emulate the data for the port no. One way or another

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:05 PM
    As long as Microsoft does not include the Google play services they really have nothing to worry about. Microsoft would be doing the same thing BlackBerry is doing.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:53 PM
    Did this rumor materialize into the Xiaomi announcement?
    04-06-15 10:20 AM