Unfortunately, the duopoly between iOS and Android had claimed another victime.... Windows phone is dying from a slow death.
    As opposed to BB, Windows has almost unlimited ressources but, even that, it's not enough to save Windows Phone from a slow death.
    They just announced today that they will kill off support for Windows Phone 8. And Windows Mobile 10 hasn't been upgraded for ages
    07-13-17 11:22 AM
    Actually... Windows Mobile 10 received update last night

But i hear you. If even Skype (which is owned bij MSFT) is discontinuing its WM10 app.. **** is really hitting the fan

Although i LOVE WM10 and my Lumia 950, i decided to check out my former love Blackberry with the KEYone. I love it.

But man... That stupid android OS. GIVE ME WM
    07-13-17 11:26 AM
    I hope windows phone does not totally die. I feel it has the best UI of all phones. Only reason I'm on Keyone is the pkb, otherwise I'd have the top of the line Lumia.
    07-13-17 12:20 PM
    LinkedIn app for WinMo is going away too and it's a MS owned company. By the time their Surface phone/tablet/hybrid/whatsit comes along in 2018/2019 there won't be anyone left who wants to develop for it.
    07-13-17 12:26 PM
    I feel like Microsoft will prioritize working on software (minus Mobile OS).

That's where they have the most success, with Office and Windows. Windows Phone just isn't gaining traction unfortunately
    07-13-17 04:00 PM
    My Lumia 650 got a W10 update last week. Windows Phone 8.1 is dead, but a lot of those 8.1 Denim devices can be upgraded to W10, including the El Cheaps Lumia 1GB plastic phones.

Microsoft's history of breaking stuff through updates is well known, The ability to run Android apps was removed, though no loss for me. Skype is being 'upgraded' to the point where none of my contacts now use it, preferring WhatsApp.

Yet, W10 on Windows phones is feature-rich, more native apps than BB10, full integration with W10 desktops, remote file access to desktops, dual-language Word Flow keyboard, full Office suite installed, live desktop tiles, good Cortana integration, first class security, mostly advertising free, excellent 'Smart' dual-sim transfers, Universal apps on phone and desktop, OneDrive integration and so on.

Trouble is, Microsoft are re-hashing hardware and software in a way that users find untrustworthy. so if anything kills the MS phones it will be the user and Press perception that MS are going to switch them off at some unspecified point, anytime soon.
    07-14-17 02:15 AM
    I miss my continuum functionality allready! That worked like a charm...
    07-14-17 04:18 AM
    In order to test the 'Old Windows 8.1 phones are dead' theory, I dug out a 1GB ram Lumia 532 dual-sim yesterday, reset it and told it to update. It went through the updates to Lumia Denim 8.1, and the Store feature still works.

Next, went through the WP10 upgrade process. It took four 'updates' and installed the current version of WP 10, but the thing lives and functions well on WP10.

Even Skype works, despite Microsoft's 'upgrades'. So 'dead' is perhaps not quite accurate. Unloved, maybe. :-)
    07-15-17 01:56 AM