Microsoft will not exit the mobile market, they know its the future.

Posted via CB10
    It does have a history of sticking with things because of their future potential even if it costs money.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 09:00 AM
    From what I understand is their entire platform is going to be windows 10, the phones having phone capabilities. This also solves the app issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:15 AM
    From what I understand is their entire platform is going to be windows 10, the phones having phone capabilities. This also solves the app issue.

Posted via CB10
    I always say 8.1 is the ultimate tablet OS. Would be great on a phone, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 12:23 PM
    The droid dominance is insane. It brings a whole new meaning to "sheep".

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:24 PM
    The droid dominance is insane. It brings a whole new meaning to "sheep".

Posted via CB10
    It should be illegal. Then they use their market dominance to muscle into different things. The EU should take them down.

Has anyone checked out Sailfish videos? The new version is really cool. Gesture based.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:28 PM
    It should be illegal. Then they use their market dominance to muscle into different things. The EU should take them down.
    Posted via CB10
    Indeed. The manner in which Google Play, a monopoly gateway to an originally open app system, was forced down everyone's throats was obscene. As much as or more than anything else, it destroyed any chance for BB10 to become successful. Although BlackBerry finally took the "if you can't beat em, join em" strategy, that obscenity is one of the reasons I am trying to ride out the current Google dominance till the arrival of a fresh paradigm.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:52 AM
    Indeed. The manner in which Google Play, a monopoly gateway to an originally open app system, was forced down everyone's throats was obscene. As much as or more than anything else, it destroyed any chance for BB10 to become successful. Although BlackBerry finally took the "if you can't beat em, join em" strategy, that obscenity is one of the reasons I am trying to ride out the current Google dominance till the arrival of a fresh paradigm.

Posted via CB10
    We all remember when Chen complained that app makers should be legally required to make BB10 versions of their apps, don't we? He had it backwards as to who was culpable.

Agree that the Play requirement seems like a double-cross. They must have been planning this shift for years.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:07 PM
    Would you guys love a BlackBerry Passport with Windows 10 OS ?!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:45 PM

BlackBerry Passport running Windows 7!

Should I get a windows phone next?-img_20170316_022028.png
    Should I get a windows phone next?-img_20170316_021930.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:53 PM
    I got one missed bb10 switched back pretty fast lol

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:09 PM
    That passport is not running windows 7, its an app for remote desktop

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 08:30 PM
    Yes
    But hope BlackBerry makes it run Windows 10 OS

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 01:56 AM
    Bottom line is that unless you're invested in the whole office experience, Windows phone isn't really beneficial at all unless it is aesthetically pleasing to you personally. I did consider the HP elite X3 briefly and quite frankly if that handset was running Android, I may have gone for it but to spend that much money for one aspect of the device (ability to turn into a pc running a slimmed down windows) is nonsensical when a laptop or surface tablet can be had for the same price and Android offers very good MS Office apps anyway. My ideal device would be: full touch BlackBerry Android slab Elite X3 with dock and all the peripherals that are available for the X3.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 02:34 AM
    full touch BlackBerry Android slab Elite X3 with dock and all the peripherals that are available for the X3.

Posted via CB10
    Why the dock? BerryDroid or any other Droid other than Samsung via their SideSync has no support for Continuum?
    03-16-17 11:35 AM
    Why the dock? BerryDroid or any other Droid other than Samsung via their SideSync has no support for Continuum?
    Well, when I work on the fly in hotel rooms for example, the ability to connect an ethernet to the dock and also an HDMI at the same time to run Excel on the widescreen tv with a BT keyboard and maybe a usb mouse or a combi keyboard trackpad would be awesome. I already connect to the TV with slimport for netflix etc but a multiport dock would make life so much simpler.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 11:43 AM
    And yes, I know Continuum is a windows only thing. Beyond office, I don't have any need for windows outside my actual office. I'm an Office 365 customer so if there's and app available, I may use it but with a big screen, a browser is good enough.

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    03-16-17 11:46 AM
    PS

The only critical apps are the hub and bbm. Get those two working well on a Windows phone and that's almost definitely the post-bb move for me. If Windows Mobile ever gets enough support for android apps to support these two, that might be the best way forward for those of us not embedded in the iOS or Google ecosystems.
    Posted via CB10
    Has anyone tried the Android virtualization program AMI Duos on Windows 10? Can it run BBM?

It seems Hub+ doesn't support tablets.. wondering if it would work on a Windows 10 phone running AMI Duos?

Or maybe we have to wait till W10 is fully supported on phones in the next iteration of WPhone...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 10:49 PM
67 123