Not interested in apple and I had. A priv for a bit after I broke my passports screen and just couldn't get used to the androids primitive feeling (back button, etc), plus the sign in with google crap every turn. I do like the windows phone tile system and the lumia xl looks cool. Opinions?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:23 PM
    If you instantly want to regret your purchase, sure. You should just let MS work on it some more. There's still life left in Windows phone but the current iterations are not where its at.

http://www.windowscentral.com/5-reas...dows-10-mobile
    southlander likes this.
    03-06-17 06:25 PM
    My opinion: Windows Phone OS is awful.

And I own a Passport and a Lumia

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:31 PM
    With the price of a 950 is as affordable as it is, and other ones like the alcatel, I don't see why not? If you get the 950 with a dock, and continuum, you will be entertained for hours.
    03-06-17 06:34 PM
    03-06-17 06:35 PM
    Its not that I want to replace my second passport but its clearly getting more obsolete by the month (O/S wise). Is windows phone that bad? I have seen a few comments of previous blackberry users saying windows phone was their next choice based on trying a windows phone

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:43 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile is still awful. I have one and when I picked up after a while I hadn't used for a while I noticed how bad the user interface really is. The main screen is just full of nonsense, moving tiles and you're not sure what they do even if you have used it. Then the application menu is full of crap and it takes ages to scroll or find whatever you want. The settings screen is still a pain to navigate through. Windows 10 Mobile is simply a turkey.

If you like BB10, then you will not like Windows 10 Mobile and you will think it is ******** because it really is. If loads of apps is not important for you maybe you should try Jolla Sailfish OS. Jolla will come to the Sony Xperia X among other models so when you are tired of the preinstalled Android on it you can install SFOS on it instead.
    03-06-17 07:30 PM
    Some former BB10 users feel it is an underdog and they like the fact they don't have to give in to the Apple / Google tidal wave.

But thats a poor reason for picking a smart phone.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-06-17 07:34 PM
    It might be more doable when/if Microsoft pushes the reset button on their product line and OS, but until then, it's probably only going to be frustrating with the lack of apps

Some of the lumia designs were pretty awesome, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 07:41 PM
    Live tiles can be inactivated, so no flipping. Apps can be color-coded, moved, and resized. The main screen is extremely customizable on Windows Phone.

Nothing like Hub on it, though. Vkb is decent with swipe, but you'll miss the passport pkb.

WP is more about fun than productivity. Get a cheap Q10 until you're ready for keyone.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-06-17 08:16 PM
    950XL hardware is great, win 10 current iteration, not so much. Win 8.1 was stable and in most ways superior to 10.
    I wouldn't write windows phone off as an alternative, Android is just horrible beyond description and Apple is just too dumbed down.
    Microsoft's next venture into mobile phones should be better with complete Win integration using the snapdragon 835 so you can run full windows on your phone.

But I am certain you will miss the full qwerty physical keyboard experience and the great shortcut menu system that BB is so great at.

Currently my main daily driver is a Lumia 950XL and it great but flawed in some respects due to the flaky 10 OS but you often glimpse the greatness of the OS.
    As a long time BB past user I am looking to get a Passport or a classic to do a revaluation, to me there are only 2 worth while OS BB and Winphone
    PantherBlitz and sonicpix like this.
    03-06-17 08:29 PM
    Hello, I had lumia 820 from my company, it died recently I was happy with that phone and os. Now I have lenovo c2 with android and I'm not as happy as with lumia even after installing blackberry hub. It just doesn't feel right

Passport
    03-07-17 01:57 AM
    You should wait for that long waited Surface phone. From what Iv understand, with surface phone and modified OS, you will get any app, literally every app that is Web based on your phone. And most app are. If someone have windows 10 phone and have Messenger installed, they should know what I'm talking about, it's pure Web implementation of Facebook messenger. Now you have Viber, Instagram, telegram, etc for Windows desktop, so you know it's gonna be on new Surface phone.
    Also it's gonna be monster with specs but also with monster price.

And for Windows 10 mobile future...i have read somewhere that now it's in hands of some German company, they managing maintenence and update packages but I don't think there's gonna be updates for OS itself, only for stock apps

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:01 AM
    And for Windows 10 mobile future...i have read somewhere that now it's in hands of some German company, they managing maintenence and update packages but I don't think there's gonna be updates for OS itself, only for stock apps

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a source about this or do you happen to know the name of this German company?
    03-07-17 05:34 AM
    A quick search reveals you can run android apps on windows phone has anyone done this?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 10:59 AM
    Do you have a source about this or do you happen to know the name of this German company?
    It was on GSM arena, I can't find it right now, I think the same company works with HP and their software

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:25 AM
    That's only for phone support, the OS and first party apps are still updated by Microsoft.

Microsoft outsources customer care and support for Lumia phones to B2X | Windows Central
    03-07-17 11:33 AM
    Good choice. After bb10 is Windows a good choice. It is more awesome then Android. And maybe they not sell a lot of phones, Windows is still in development. And the price for the 950 is a lot better then that awfull Keyone Droid phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 12:17 PM
    From my point of view the biggest issue against windows mobile is the fact that you can not perform a backup locally. You have to use their cloud which means you give them every single bit from your phone.
    03-07-17 01:34 PM
    Windows 10 Mobile is still awful. I have one and when I picked up after a while I hadn't used for a while I noticed how bad the user interface really is.
    Yup that pretty much sums it up for me too. It was very annoying for what Microsoft won't let you do with it. Although it looks different, it is similar to iOS in that way. It was amusing for half an hour or so and then I thought "that's it?"
    Well the phone was cheap, I picked up the 5" for around $50, new, unlocked so how can you complain?

There is a market for it, we did the "mom test" and Windows phone fared far better than Android. (That was funny, she had to find another phone to call us to figure out how to even make a call).

I would just stick with BB10. Look people, it still works. It's not like it all of a sudden wouldn't do anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-07-17 02:09 PM
    For my needs, Windows phone seems to hold the most promise for an eventual BB10 replacement. The HP Elite x3 seems to be the best implementation of the potential of that platform so far, better than MS hardware. The Elite x3 is especially good for Continuum, which may be considered the successor to Blend.

But Blaze is right: It's just not there yet. At least not close enough to justify the price. Will hang on to bb10 for probably another year or two at least, but don't count out windows phone in the mid- to long-term.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 02:14 PM
    PS

The only critical apps are the hub and bbm. Get those two working well on a Windows phone and that's almost definitely the post-bb move for me. If Windows Mobile ever gets enough support for android apps to support these two, that might be the best way forward for those of us not embedded in the iOS or Google ecosystems.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 02:23 PM
    I have been using a lumia 640 for about a year now as my main device and just use my z10 as my alarm clock /backup devic. I have to say Windows 10 isn't that much away from BlackBerry os10, whilst it doesn't have the hub as such, the email notifications and ease of use aren't bad at all. In fact the os is very smooth and easy to use, as well as a regularly updated os from Microsoft .

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:49 PM
    Windows 8.1 is a dream on their small form Surface 3 tablet (not pro). That is one nifty device.

If MSFT could build a phone running something like 8.1 desktop on a nice slab and with a better VKB, that would be a good bb10 substitute.

It sounds like they ruined their mobile OS the same way they ruined their desktop OS (at least as far as tablets are concerned).

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:54 PM
    WP equals to suicide.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 08:27 PM
67 123