So, I'm probably posting this in the wrong place, but I figured if I posted in Android I'd be labeled a troll, and if I posted in regular cb, well, it doesn't belong there.

So I'm a longtime fan of bb, loved my PlayBook and still use it quite a bit, but I was wanting something current. I was looking at surface tabs, but didn't want to put out that kind of cash for basically a new toy for myself. Looked at Android tabs, and I already had a galaxy tab 2 that was such a pain! Impossible to do anything productive on it. And every time I complained, people would tell me it was because it was old tech. Well, I ended up buying a Galaxy Note 10.1. Nothing old tech about that. And wow, well, it was fun to draw on anyway. The thing was horrific! I could do more out of the box with my Z10 than I could with several apps I downloaded and tried on the note. Everything was a chore. Nothing was simple. I'm not a gamer, I had exactly 3 games loaded on it, and tried and deleted several office apps, only had my Gmail account on it, simply to be able to log in to android type things, and within 3 weeks the tab was already starting to slow down. Granted, it wasn't much, but on my last day with it, I swiped to open it and counted to two full seconds before the ripples showed and it went to the main page. If it had already started to slow down, with hardly anything installed, and getting hardly any use, what would the future hold for it?? I seriously just cannot believe that android is doing so well in sales. Thank God costco has such a great return policy.

Returned it, went right over to staples and bought the last Samsung Ativ 500 they had. Here I am now with a discontinued Windows tab, from the same company that made that horrific note, and I am in heaven. It does everything! It is a laptop, (I got the keyboard too) it is a drawing tablet, I loaded BlackBerry Link right up to it and now I can surf phone or computer from either. It is like a full on extension of my phone. This is what I'm looking for in mobile computing, my devices which I use for different things, and are capable of 'getting things done' communicating beautifully with each other.

I already knew I preferred BlackBerry to android and ios, and now here I am with another low selling product, that beats the top 2 in every way. What is wrong with consumers that we are buying in to these subpar products, and letting the ones that are actually useful waste away? Because we're choosing angry birds and instagram?? Really people??

Disclaimer: these are my opinions based on my personal experience. No amount of bashing will make me change my mind as I have used ios and android (now on multiple devices) and have found them both to be fun mobile arcades, and nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    08-24-13 09:40 PM
    I think there is a big difference in price for between android tabs and a windows Pro tablet. I have no doubt that you feel you get more done with it because its windows and not a phone/tablet OS.
    08-24-13 09:47 PM
    Semi true, I paid a bit more because I wanted a Wacom stylus/ s-pen, not for any productivity reasons, but just fun. However, right now you can get a lenovo or asus win pro tablet for a fair amount less than a note 10.1. Just sayin... totally worth it. I paid 400+ for my note at costco. 500 for my ativ on clearance at Staples. Right now, asus and lenovo at Best Buy between 299 and 350. I'm not exact on my prices because I'm not searching then out, but I spent a good amount of time comparing prices and such over the last week.

Posted via CB10

:edit: btw, I hear in real life off the boards, that a lot of people are complaining about win 8. But I love the interface on a tablet form. I'm thinking most people that don't like it do not have touch screen? I could see it being kind of a pain without touch. My biggest complaint... that keeps screwing me up, is going from the swipe up on my phone, to the swipe down on my tab. lol
    08-24-13 10:02 PM
    win 8 on a touch device i think is great but metro really lacks on a non touch device
    08-25-13 12:00 PM
    That's why you don't buy a Samsung android tablet. The nexus line is a better choice, but remember your comparing a mobile OS to a full fledged desktop OS. Not really a fair comparison.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:20 PM