So I ask myself this question....

Why is the Q5 so expensive?
    Why is the Q5 not in America?
    Who is really Killing BlackBerry?

Someone must be there making all these death threatening decisions for BlackBerry's downfall.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:12 PM
    And, pray tell, how much money is the 521 making Nokia?

Edit: this is not to necessarily justify BB's Q5 pricing, but to question whether the 521 selling out is necessarily a good thing for NOK
    08-24-13 01:17 PM
    Agreed comletely. have to admit i like mine alot.

As for the bottom line? marketshare is what this phone is for and not profits on the hardware. And its working perfectly I think
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 01:28 PM

As for the bottom line? marketshare is what this phone is for and not profits on the hardware. And its working perfectly I think
    Agreed. It's all about market share... Tho', having browsed the interwebs the consensus seems to be that Nokia is making a small profit on each phone.

It's that old saw about whether it's better to sell a million pencils at a dollar each (Nokia) or try and sell one million-dollar pencil (BB)... and I know which strategy seems more sensible!
    h20work and Etios like this.
    08-24-13 01:56 PM
    Nokia is doing everything they can to bootstrap themselves with a lot of financial help from Microsoft. The more Windows Phone devices that get sold, the more market share you have. Never mind that the devices are sold with very low margin or even at loss. The whole point is to get to that so called "tipping point" and the rest hopefully follows with more apps, more market share, more apps and so on. This is exactly the way Android grew.

Unfortunately for BlackBerry, they just cannot seem to do this with Q5 or even the new OS 7 device for some reasons. They are sticking to the Apple way of pricing while not having the hipness of Apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:23 PM

Though the majority of it is to do with marketshare, a small unimportant amount of it also has to do with the user experience, advertisement and ultimately popularity. This in the end is what helps shift the stock.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 4
    08-24-13 03:40 PM
    Took the thread on a little trip to the right forum. Thanks for sharing!
    Laura Knotek and Elite1 like this.
    08-24-13 04:33 PM
    Interesting decision considering he's directly comparing it to the Q5.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-24-13 05:05 PM
    Why do you guys always do this. Honestly if I wanted it under Windows forums I would have searched and put it there. So now, tell me, what qualifies an article to land in the general forums where everyone can see it? I hate it, I have to admit. It's like yall trying to save a face for BlackBerry. You guys don't work for BlackBerry so stop acting like you do. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 05:06 PM
    So now, tell me, what qualifies an article to land in the general forums where everyone can see it?
    Generally (and this is only from my experience) only threads that point out negatives about other platforms are left alone in general.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 05:10 PM
    Generally (and this is only from my experience) only threads that point out negatives about other platforms are left alone in general.
    Well they better get their minds right. We are not kids on here to paint a perfect picture of blackberry for us. The ship is damn sinking. Let us point out the problems and get the message out. Damn pissed.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 06:01 PM
    Interesting decision considering he's directly comparing it to the Q5.

JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 06:09 PM
    BBRY need to bring a 521 rival that is around �100 and is BB10
    08-24-13 07:55 PM
    Why do you guys always do this. Honestly if I wanted it under Windows forums I would have searched and put it there. So now, tell me, what qualifies an article to land in the general forums where everyone can see it? I hate it, I have to admit. It's like yall trying to save a face for BlackBerry. You guys don't work for BlackBerry so stop acting like you do. Thanks
    Posted via CB10
    Probably has everything to do with the way you titled it. If there are hits on the forum, it shows up in the new posts or or Today's post just fine. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry, it has to do with CrackBerry. If you wanted to make it a comparison, you'd have titled it as such, and it might not have been moved to the forum where it is most appropriate referring to the title. That is part of our duties. You are assuming far too much in making any accusations on why your post was moved.

How where any post goes is based on title and content of it. My decision was based on years of watching threads and the site being managed. I have been wrong before, and fixed it, but I try to keep those mistakes a rare occurrence. If you had questions, you should take it to PM, not start complaining on the forum. I have no personal agenda other than trying to help keep the forum as orderly as possible to the best of my abilities, and improve those regularly, along with helping members with various problems.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-24-13 10:28 PM
    So I ask myself this question....

Why is the Q5 so expensive?
    Why is the Q5 not in America?
    Who is really Killing BlackBerry?

Someone must be there making all these death threatening decisions for BlackBerry's downfall.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it's very good for Nokia. This is building critical mass for windows 8 to get enough developer support. Blackberry should do the same.
    08-24-13 10:36 PM
    The Lumia 520 is a dynamite phone for the price. You can get a modern, well built, very useable smartphone, the 520, or a BBOS7 device for 2 times the money... I know what I would buy.
    08-26-13 10:31 AM