It's only been two weeks. I knew sales where bad but this is horrible. If it was BlackBerry it would be front page news

http://bgr.com/2013/08/16/nokia-lumi...drop-sale-att/

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:43 PM
    Not a surprise, I heard that they shipped only 40,000 of these (I believe that was for the US).
    08-16-13 01:45 PM
    Think the smartphone market is reaching a saturation point in some markets.... I actually know a few people that have gone back to dumb phones.

The life span of "premium" device (other than an iPhone) is becoming pretty short.... now most android devices have a replacement out within 6 months or even less.
    08-16-13 01:50 PM
    Not a surprise, I heard that they shipped only 40,000 of these (I believe that was for the US).
    It is a specialty phone for photographers
    08-16-13 01:50 PM
    The most important paragraph in this article and the one that puts the matter into perspective.

Nokia�s Lumia 1020 launched just three weeks ago on July 26th, so a 33% price cut could be an ominous sign. AT&T may simply be looking to attract back-to-school shoppers, however, and the fact that this promotion is confined to such a small area within the Southeast region bodes well. The new handset is still listed at $299.99 in AT&T stores across the rest of the country and its online price remains unchanged as well.
    So yeah, I guess that makes this "horrible"
    08-16-13 01:54 PM
    If it was BlackBerry it would be front page news
    Posted via CB10
    That's because the US media and population only support US companies like Nokia. This is a conspiracy.

Another foolish truth-free comment. Not news. Have you still NEVER SEEN ANY WP8 PHONES?
    08-16-13 01:56 PM
    That's because the US media and population only support US companies like Nokia. This is a conspiracy.
    How many times do I have to tell you it's NOT a conspiracy if you keep letting the cat out of the bag. Do you know how close you are to having your Smartphone Illumanati membership revoked?
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-16-13 01:58 PM
    It is a specialty phone for photographers
    Any real photographer is going to have a real camera, this was doomed from the start as the rest of the specs are mid-level yet the price was more than the S4, HTC One, etc. They must have asked BB for their pricing strategy when they priced the 1020 lol.
    nighthawks and jpvj like this.
    08-16-13 01:59 PM
    Any real photographer is going to have a real camera, this was doomed from the start as the rest of the specs are mid-level yet the price was more than the S4, HTC One, etc. They must have asked BB for their pricing strategy when they priced the 1020 lol.
    I long for the day when you yahoos will remember that camera quality is also a very important phone specification. This was not a cheap phone to make.
    Neither the S4 nor the HTC One have a camera anywhere near as good as the one in the 1020.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Etios and JeepBB like this.
    08-16-13 02:05 PM
    How many times do I have to tell you it's NOT a conspiracy if you keep letting the cat out of the bag. Do you know how close you are to having your Smartphone Illumanati membership revoked?
    My bad. Sorry. Shhh - it is not a conspiracy. And there is no Area 51. Oh wait, there is.
    I had to sideload the Illuminati software onto my Lumia 920 that no one has.
    08-16-13 02:06 PM
    40,000 in the USA is a dismal failure. We are talking serious write-down territory here.
    08-16-13 02:07 PM
    How many were shipped?
    08-16-13 02:08 PM
    I long for the day when you yahoos will remember that camera quality is also a very important phone specification. This was not a cheap phone to make.
    Neither the S4 nor the HTC One have a camera anywhere near as good as the one in the 1020.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I didn't say that camera specs are important, but the 41 MP camera on the 1020 isn't much better than the S4 and for 99.9% of people, the 13MP shooter on it will suffice for all their cat and baby pictures that get put on FB or IG. The 1020 is running on old specs, cost more and has a weak ecosystem compared to phones like the S4, it shouldn't be a surprise why this phone is failing in sales.
    08-16-13 02:14 PM

Another foolish truth-free comment. Not news. Have you still NEVER SEEN ANY WP8 PHONES?
    Nokia isn't an American company...

But on topic. I didn't expect this. I really thought the lumia 1020 looked like a really good device. I even thought of buying it. But the awkward back, lack of micro-sd sloth and a couple of other minor things made me realize this isn't the phone for me.
    08-16-13 02:15 PM
    Nokia isn't an American company...
    That's the joke .
    kbz1960, 21stNow and eldricho like this.
    08-16-13 02:23 PM
    I have a 920. Actually two but that's a different story.
    While the 1020 is a bit lighter and smaller, I don't like that lens assembly on the back. The idea of such a high res camera sounds good, but I will pass.

And I only buy from American companies like Nokia and Lenovo.
    Laura Knotek, kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    08-16-13 02:27 PM
    How is it a conspiracy if the US media and population only support US companies and they are supporting Nokia a company from Finland?
    08-16-13 02:27 PM
    I have a 920. Actually two but that's a different story.
    While the 1020 is a bit lighter and smaller, I don't like that lens assembly on the back. The idea of such a high res camera sounds good, but I will pass.

And I only buy from American companies like Nokia and Lenovo.
    LOL. Yup great American companies like Nokia and Lenovo
    08-16-13 02:28 PM
    I think people need to understand that they aren't producing so much of these phones since its NOT a flagship phone the media knows that . Nokias flagships are going to be announced at September and apparently its specs are going to kill the Z30.
    Etios, sentimentGX4 and JeepBB like this.
    08-16-13 02:31 PM
    This is not their new flagship phone. This is the niche device that they want to have to appeal to photographers that want something more pocketable rather than the S4 Zoom or a dedicated camera. This is certainly going to sell in small quantities and Nokia certainly didn't make many of these. In fact the preorders had to be stopped early because they couldn't meet the demand. The device is certainly a low volume seller but I think it is meeting their expectations. Also, the price is worth it. $299 for a 32Gb phone with 2 gb ram and a Nokia exclusive 41mp camera and $699 outright is certainly a better deal than many would think.
    boi2012 and Etios like this.
    08-16-13 03:12 PM
    40,000 in the USA is a dismal failure. We are talking serious write-down territory here.
    Yep, the Lumia 1020 was never intended to be a flagship device.

Consider that Windows Phone only sells several hundred thousand devices in the US each quarter. 40k of a niche device in three weeks relative to an OS that only ships several hundred thousand devices is not peculiarly low.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 08-16-13 at 04:42 PM.
    boi2012 and Etios like this.
    08-16-13 03:31 PM
    LOL. Yup great American companies like Nokia and Lenovo
    Public Service Announcement: NJBlackBerry was making a joke about Nokia and Lenovo (and others to follow) being American companies. Laughter. Now back to your scheduled programming already in progress.
    boi2012, MasterOfBinary and JeepBB like this.
    08-16-13 03:56 PM
    Yep, the Lumia 1020 was never intended to be a flagship device.

Consider that Windows Phone only sells several hundred thousand devices in the US each quarter. 40k of a niche device in three weeks relative to an OS that only ships several hundred thousand devices is not peculiarly low.
    This ^^^

As I said in a different thread, the 1020 is basically an eye-catching advertisement to show the world what Nokia can do. It screams "Look at me!!!, I'm the very best camera phone that's ever been released. Better by far than any other phone camera, and better than many compact cameras".

Just by existing it challenges other phone manufacturers.

It's almost a technology demonstrator, but is much, much better as it's a real phone you could buy. Many will come to look, some might even buy one, but many more will leave the store with a positive vibe that Nokia is a company that can deliver unique high-end tech. And they might come back another day and buy a mainstream Nokia like the 925 based on that positive vibe.

Selling 40,000 of these, so soon after release, is something I'd consider as a triumph rather than a disaster for Nokia.
    Etios likes this.
    08-16-13 05:11 PM
    This ^^^

As I said in a different thread, the 1020 is basically an eye-catching advertisement to show the world what Nokia can do. It screams "Look at me!!!, I'm the very best camera phone that's ever been released. Better by far than any other phone camera, and better than many compact cameras".

Just by existing it challenges other phone manufacturers.

It's almost a technology demonstrator, but is much, much better as it's a real phone you could buy. Many will come to look, some might even buy one, but many more will leave the store with a positive vibe that Nokia is a company that can deliver unique high-end tech. And they might come back another day and buy a mainstream Nokia like the 925 based on that positive vibe.

Selling 40,000 of these, so soon after release, is something I'd consider as a triumph rather than a disaster for Nokia.
    Agreed. I have seen famous people with the lumia 1020 because of the camera which makes it an exciting product. Something the Z10 is struggling at
    08-16-13 05:30 PM
    I didn't say that camera specs are important, but the 41 MP camera on the 1020 isn't much better than the S4 and for 99.9% of people, the 13MP shooter on it will suffice for all their cat and baby pictures that get put on FB or IG. The 1020 is running on old specs, cost more and has a weak ecosystem compared to phones like the S4, it shouldn't be a surprise why this phone is failing in sales.
    Have you even seen the photos? The media loved it.
    08-16-13 05:34 PM
33 12