So I've changed my Bold 9900 for the LG optimus 7 after being plagued with problems with my BIS. Since having my LG, which is a 2 year old phone now, I haven't missed anything apart from BBM! Don't get me wrong, I loved my BB and I'm sad that i had to give it up. But i couldn't use a phone without fast and reliable internet. I find the Windows Phone OS to be similar to BB OS, with some advantages and disadvantages. I was thinking that it would be awesome if BB would team up with windows, BB focusing on Hardware and internet services and Windows doing its OS.

I urge anyone who hasn't already to have a go on a Windows Phone, and see what you think. If your BB is causing your problems, it may be better alternative than android or IOS.
    04-22-12 11:04 AM
    04-22-12 11:06 AM
    I thought about switching to the lumia 900 for a lot.
    04-22-12 11:24 AM
    Enjoy your WP. If I was to bail on my 9900 for another platform it would be a WP Lumia
    04-22-12 11:34 AM
    So I've changed my Bold 9900 for the LG optimus 7 after being plagued with problems with my BIS. Since having my LG, which is a 2 year old phone now, I haven't missed anything apart from BBM! Don't get me wrong, I loved my BB and I'm sad that i had to give it up. But i couldn't use a phone without fast and reliable internet. I find the Windows Phone OS to be similar to BB OS, with some advantages and disadvantages. I was thinking that it would be awesome if BB would team up with windows, BB focusing on Hardware and internet services and Windows doing its OS.

I urge anyone who hasn't already to have a go on a Windows Phone, and see what you think. If your BB is causing your problems, it may be better alternative than android or IOS.
    I was wondering... Does Windows Phone has a real email push like BackBerry? And IM does push too? Please I want to know 'cuz I want to switch my BB to a Nokia Lumia 800 ...

Thanks!!!
    04-22-12 03:38 PM
    I was wondering... Does Windows Phone has a real email push like BackBerry? And IM does push too? Please I want to know 'cuz I want to switch my BB to a Nokia Lumia 800 ...

Thanks!!!
    Yes.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-22-12 03:39 PM
    Tried windows phone for a few weeks and won't touch it again for at least a long time. Just isn't as good as iOS and offers nothing over Android. Still like my BlackBerry better than all though.
    04-22-12 03:58 PM
    for me it's just the keyboard, I am hooked. It is terrible. Can this be called drug?

I am sick, I need help I am an addict. ;p

Honestly if I would switch, it would be to Android as I really don't want this tiles-concept. But one really bad point to Android is Googles interest at the moment for me.

G+ etc. everything will be connected, I don't like Facebook for this, I don't want everything what I do in the hands of a company. Google is even analysing what is spoken on the phone/at least there is a patent for it I think. Terrible.

Yeah, this thoughts keeping me on RIM, oh and I would have terrible withdrawal effects.
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 04-22-12 at 04:16 PM.
    04-22-12 04:14 PM
    I thought I would have trouble adjusting to a virtual keyboard, but this device is easy to type on in either portrait or landscape mode.

baldanders likes this.
    04-22-12 06:56 PM
    I thought that I would have a hard time with the keyboard, and with the tiles. Love both. I do miss the physical keyboard, but am adjusting well to the virtual. I miss autotext, but am living without it.

I really don't compare WP7 to iOS or Android. It is neither. It isn't trying to be either of them, or a BlackBerry. That is what I really like about it. I am on an older device already, and it still seems so fresh.
    04-22-12 08:16 PM
    This is one thing I like about windows.. I use a Nokia lumia 710 and it's so fluid and easy the way it goes through the menus.. I only had one app crash on me and that is Engadget but that's there problem not windows.. Windows is the easiest OS out there and with the least problems.. Definitely give windows a try if your looking for something different that just works..

Edit: so after using the lumia 710 for 7 months I had to come back to blackberry.. Using the bold 9900 now and loving my decision.. The tiles on windows didn't work as they should! The ME tile never updates with social networking and even the tiles dedicated to those apps like the (Facebook and twitter apps) those tiles didn't update either.. I was constantly missing information with my FB and twitter peeps.. Very frustrating!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jlarkins08; 10-09-12 at 10:56 AM.
    05-01-12 11:29 AM

I strongly disagree. To me, WM 7.0+ tastes a lot like ios, not bbos.
    baldanders likes this.
    05-02-12 02:51 PM
    I tried the HTC Trophy and it was nice but the lag on it was way too much for me. I liked the Microsoft integration with the phone but the performance was not good enough. I went back to BB and got a 9930.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 07:26 AM
    Hope you love it. I love what I see coming from berry but I also have my eye on win8.
    05-13-12 09:00 AM
    I tried the HTC Trophy and it was nice but the lag on it was way too much for me. I liked the Microsoft integration with the phone but the performance was not good enough. I went back to BB and got a 9930.

I haven't tried the HTC trophy, which is an old 1.5 year old outdated phone.

But the consensus is that WM 7.0+ experience is consistent and smooth. Perhaps you should try a more updated phone...like the lumia 8/900.

I wouldn't go and formulate my impressions on Rim based on a 8900/9700 or other old technology when new more updated phones are out. I similarly wouldn't do that to other companies like MS.
    05-14-12 01:59 PM

I am wondering what kind of lag you suffered from on this phone? I have one, and it has almost no lag.
    05-14-12 07:41 PM
    The Windows Phone OS is quite impressive. It's far better than the old Windows Mobile / 6.
    05-16-12 06:43 PM
    The Windows Phone OS is quite impressive. It's far better than the old Windows Mobile / 6.
    i agree, im using a 7 pro right now, and its my 1st wp since the samsung jack. They have made some good improvements. The older wp were so plain. To me they were a basic phone that needed a smartphone plan. I wish my carrier would carry more options though. Asfar as i know they carry one at a time.
    05-17-12 10:01 AM
    I didn't ditch my BB but I did use a Radar for a few months, and mostly liked it. The few things I didn't like, however, were enough to cause me to leave. I may have another look when WP8 comes out.
    05-19-12 08:50 PM
    Im wishing they would make a cdma titan 2
    05-19-12 08:59 PM
    I tried the htc Trophy for a while and it was nice but I ended back with my bold 9930. Windows has a nice OS but they still lack some key features and the app aren't as good as blackberry.
    The one nice thing about windows is the speed of the UI it is super fast. Good luck enjoy!

05-24-12 05:40 AM
    Had a Nokia Lumia for about 2 weeks and went back to a Bold 9900....windows has smooth menus and the Nokia has a great screen....but it still lacks if you are a heavy text/email person. Apps like WHATSAPP need to restart every time you use them.

If you want a phone to surf, its great. Terrible battery life due to the fantastic screen.
    05-24-12 05:47 AM
    I leave Whatsapp running in the background. I haven't needed to restart it. There was an update for Whatsapp last week.

I haven't had battery issues, even when streaming Netflix.

05-24-12 09:19 AM
    Welcome to the WP club!!!

I, too, got way too tired of BB's software/hardware antics and decided to go with something fresh....
    Guess what??? No more hourglass of death or battery pulls!!!! Not to mention, both Siri and the Android equivelant says the Lumia 900 is the best smartphone....

I think BB10 is arriving too late to the party, and it won't be enough. If I'm wrong, I'll happily pick up a BB again. If not, then WP8 for me!!!
    05-31-12 09:49 AM
    I tried the htc Trophy for a while and it was nice but I ended back with my bold 9930. Windows has a nice OS but they still lack some key features and the app aren't as good as blackberry.
    The one nice thing about windows is the speed of the UI it is super fast. Good luck enjoy!

You're basing your opinion on the HTC Trophy??? That's a 1st Gen device, and it probably wasn't even running Mango7.5
    And what do you mean the apps aren't as good as BB??? Nobody is even making apps for BB anymore (except the Playbook).
    05-31-12 09:53 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD