window phone could just license BB10 and get the on 5G wagan... (i know Conite wouldn't like it ;-). few got near death experience, apple is one, redhat is another... as for BB debt, it is only there for take over pay for the exe level (buy out) to fulfill the dream of Chen's boss, have a chnace to become google of north... heard the story he was want to buy some tech company before BB, but refused by the other company board... so BB is his sucessful bet - for take over... as for sucess of the software only BB? the jury is still out...
    why would ANYONE in the sane mind would like to licence dead and expensive OS when you can get Android for free? well, almost free.

Manufacturers still have to pay a fee to Google for GMS (Google Mobile Services).
    One source told the Guardian that the fee varies and is negotiated on a case-by-case basis, with one example costing $40,000 for a batch of at least 30,000 devices. A separate source said that in another deal, a testing facility quoted $75,000 to test 100,000 devices.
    but this, as we see, is more or less - not that much, being ~1.3$ - 0.75$ per device. and you get full package already, hardware support, drivers etc.
    07-20-17 07:33 AM
    why would ANYONE in the sane mind would like to licence dead and expensive OS when you can get Android for free? well, almost free.

Manufacturers still have to pay a fee to Google for GMS (Google Mobile Services).

but this, as we see, is more or less - not that much, being ~1.3$ - 0.75$ per device. and you get full package already, hardware support, drivers etc.
    BB10 OS is due to lack of app, if app is no longer applicable, BB10 is superior in every way compare to the droid. As for GMS, unless Google come out hardware design manual to utilize its code (hard coded at hardware level to enhance performance), it always will be second class... cheap, sure - if you don't pay for the product, you are the product...
    by the way, what ever microsoft is doing it made them load of money... (today's earning report), revenue went way up. Can't say the same for BB... software only suppose to be easy way to make money, rather than keep hardware that required facility, infrastructure, etc... like majority of the analysts said 4 years ago, look like not so easy after all... one good thing for microsoft, it will try and try again until it gets right. just like window... the alternative is try and fail quickly and move on to next (intel is eliminate its wearable devision). both have success and failure... Let's see what BB try and try again on software, what is the result...
    07-20-17 03:49 PM
    Yep, that was me. And that prediction was made at a time where BB was weeks from going bankrupt, as their losses were on pace to burn through their remaining assets had drastic action not been taken - which it was, by putting the company up for sale. Of course, no one wanted to buy, BUT BB was able to survive because Fairfax loaned them 1.25 billion dollars. Without that loan, I'd have been right.

I admit that it obviously didn't go as I thought it might, but it very easily could have.
    Lol, don't know why you bothered to reply to him, people make predictions and decisions that don't turn out all the time.

At least you give us informative posts.

For that we thank you.
    07-21-17 12:27 AM
28 12