I got my HD7 a couple of hours ago and I already like WP7 better than Android. Everything is so smooth and refined with no lag or sluggishness.
    This is also coming from someone who had a Droid X since summer and ran all kinds of custom ROMs on it since the skin that Motorola put on it made the phone sluggish.

The HD7 is hands down the best phone I've ever owned.
    Have Fun with the "awesome" battery life.................
    12-29-10 05:02 PM
    The battery life is worse than Android devices and does half as much. Hopefully MS does something about this.
    12-29-10 05:51 PM
    I've been having lots of fun with the battery life. I'm getting better battery life than I was getting on my Droid X and I've been browsing the web on this thing for hours. It hasn't even been charged past halfway yet. So far I'm very impressed with WP7 and can honestly say I prefer it over Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 08:03 PM
    The battery life is worse than Android devices and does half as much. Hopefully MS does something about this.
    As a doctor and having to constantly text and do a lot of stuff on the phone which I did normally with my blackberry and never thinking twice about battery life, I could not deal with my Windows 7 phone. I was constantly having to charge my phone at every computer station and during surgery and I had to set the phone at the lowest dim setting which hurt my eyes as there were only THREE different settings and the highest and medium setting were almost the same while the lowest setting was way too dark!
    12-29-10 08:49 PM
    As a doctor and having to constantly text and do a lot of stuff on the phone which I did normally with my blackberry and never thinking twice about battery life, I could not deal with my Windows 7 phone. I was constantly having to charge my phone at every computer station and during surgery and I had to set the phone at the lowest dim setting which hurt my eyes as there were only THREE different settings and the highest and medium setting were almost the same while the lowest setting was way too dark!
    Yup. The customization is lacking, and the battery life is horrible.
    12-30-10 02:00 AM
    Battery life aside... I have respect for this device and where Windows is headed. Its a definite upgrade from the HD2 (thank god) and will serve as a huge step forward for the OS.

12-30-10 02:08 AM
    Battery life aside... I have respect for this device and where Windows is headed. Its a definite upgrade from the HD2 (thank god) and will serve as a huge step forward for the OS.

The battery life has been lasting as long as my Droid X's which is good. So far, WP7 has met my expectations and I'm impressed with the OS especially considering how young it is. It can only get better with updates. What I like about updates is that they will come directly from Microsoft.

12-30-10 02:58 PM
    Its a great phone I wish I had one.
    01-02-11 02:27 PM
    Well I hate to say it but.....
    It looks as tho Windows Phones have become more popular than Blackberry due to better & enhanced apps & not to mention...Software.

Btw, 1 heck of a thread here!
    05-05-11 04:12 AM
    but if you get 1.2 dual core processor in Samsung Galaxy S2 why did you go with 1 GHz Scorpion processor in HTC HD7. Samsung Galaxy S2 is much better than HD7 in every feature screen, battery, Memory even in Camera etc.
    05-07-11 04:33 AM
    but if you get 1.2 dual core processor in Samsung Galaxy S2 why did you go with 1 GHz Scorpion processor in HTC HD7. Samsung Galaxy S2 is much better than HD7 in every feature screen, battery, Memory even in Camera etc.
    Any Blackberry user will tell you that Hardware specs do not matter if they can run the OS installed on the device smoothly. It does apply to WP also, but not so much to Android as its been proven that it runs better on better hardware.

Now hardware features like a camera and screen can and do play into device choice but not so much cpu and memory for non Android users. Since the HD7 is out and the S2 release is still unknown, I see it as a good choice as something better is always around the corner.
    05-07-11 10:24 AM
    I am in the same boat and would like some answers as well. I've been waiting for the HD7 and love HTC's designs. I want to hold it in my hand and play with it first though. My friend was on the team at microsoft who helped design windows 7. I have played with it and I think it is amazing. My only hesitation would be speed and apps available for free. I'll find that out when I can see and hold it.

I don't like the way the G2 key board slides open. I think I'd break it eventually, and get things stuck in it. Otherwise it is amazing.

The samsung vibrant is massive! You can do so much with it and obviously android is rad.

Over all I am holding out to play with the HD7 and if it can do as much as the phone my friend had in beta then I will most likely get it.
    09-22-11 12:50 PM
    I love my BB, despite the issues I have had between OS 5 and 6 on my 9700. The 9780 was not worth the upgrade to me, and though I found the 9900 to be fairly smooth with OS 7, I find that I would be no better off with my apps, as my 9700 is out of app storage space and the 9900 received no bump in that area. So here is to hope for the QNX phones whenever they should happen to arrive.

It would just so happen that one of my friends brought me a HD7 with a cracked digitizer asking that I fix it. I had a good amount of time with the phone and even switched out my SIM and gave it a spin for a few days. Though I missed BBM and a few other things from my BB, I found that I was quite happy with WP7. After fixing the digitizer I updated it to the latest OS build, which also happened to introduce me to the Zune software (both on the phone and my PC), which I now use all the time on my PC and absolutely love! It was a really good experience, and it even has me considering buying a Zune HD over another iPod Touch. Back to the phone - Though you can only customize the solid background colors, tile colors, and the tiles themselves (pin/unpin tiles from the home screen), I didn't find that to be a big deal. Also, with the recent rollout of Mango (7.5), even these launch phones will get the update, and all current WP7 phones will get it rolled out within the next few weeks (or right away if you know the way to trick the Zune software into giving you the update right away). When it comes to Android, your phone may never see the latest OS build, and even if it does, it may be a long while before it finally does. The Mango update brings all kinds of *good* changes and even more functionality, so that would have been a plus as well. In my time with it, I found the OS to be snappy (never laggy) in the routine things I did with it, though I never got into installing apps and such. Call me a nerd, but I was also fond of some of the included ring tones and alerts as well.

Anyhow - all that to say, I really like the direction Windows Phone is going, and if (dare I say it?) ever something happens to RIM where I can no longer expect to hold a new BB or I otherwise need to leave the platform, Windows Phone is where I will be headed. Until then, I'll keep waving my BB flag proudly and holding on to hope in the form of a new 4G, QNX powered, personal hotspot enabled, BB savior.
    09-28-11 04:02 PM
    Mango already started rolling out. You can get the update right now, if you want.

It's very nice

The Integrated WLM/FB Chat is awesome. The Browser is incredible. Everything is faster. Task Switching is very well done. The ZuneHD Hub got an update for Native (On-Device) Podcast support (Subscribe, Download, etc.) and the Office Hub got a major revamp to integrate Cloud Services (SkyDrive, Office365 along with SharePoint which was there from the beginning). People Hub now does Twitter and LinkedIn. There's Native Support for Group IM and SMS Chats (all threaded), Pinning Groups. Me Hub has a Social Notification Feed and gives LiveTile Notifications (Double-Sided Tile).

It's a very good update. Pretty much every single review was positive.
    09-29-11 10:25 AM
    I've had the phone for less than an hour and i'm excite and trying to take it all in. Its true what MS and a Tmobile rep said, what you knew about Windows Mobile OS ... forget about it. Window Phone 7 is nothing like it, its amazing how fast this phone/os response to request. seriously there is no delay other than a fraction of a sec screen transition. Today became my official last day as a Blackberry owner there is no way I can go back, the speed alone is enough to keep my using a windows phone device for a while. I'll be reporting back soon, i have a lot of configuring to do and moving contacts.
    Keep us informed. I am very curious. I'm pretty impressed with the videos of 7.5 but I have not been able to get me hands on one to test. And I am eager for a richer experience.
    10-17-11 02:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD