Those 90% are better off using Android and MS apps which are in many cases are better than the Win10 mobile versions. MS is putting alot of resources into Android.

Example an experimental Android keyboard called Microsoft Hub. Win10 fans not happy.
    But you don't have to share your data with the world through Google... would keep it to MS only, if I were to change from BB10. And no, not a fan of priv either.
    02-23-16 04:07 PM
    But you don't have to share your data with the world through Google... would keep it to MS only, if I were to change from BB10. And no, not a fan of priv either.
    Don't think that would be a concern in a corporate setting as one will probably use MS Intune and MDM apps are siloed from the rest of the OS regardless of platform. Plus Win10 collects just as much info for Cortana/Bing as Google does for Google Now.
    02-23-16 05:36 PM
    All the stuff you mentioned are pretty slapped together. This is at least continuum and MS has a lot of money to throw at this.
    Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see this succeed. But it's just a rehash of an idea that's failed multiple times, and the problem is not the lapdocks. It's the phones. This will never catch on until someone builds an x86 phone. This is Windows RT all over again. No one wants a half-baked version of windows on a laptop or desktop. The whole reason to do this is real convergence, where all of your data and apps are on a single device, and the experience involves a seamless transition from phone to laptop/desktop.

When this concept finally succeeds -- and it will because it's a great concept -- it will be when the phone hardware is x86-based, the software is full windows, and all of the apps (especially MS Office/Outlook) make use of responsive design, so that they work well on the phone, and scale to the desktop with all of the regular features. Build that and you'll sell out. Build this, and most people will think that it's a lot of money for a crippled, second-rate desktop experience.
    02-23-16 11:59 PM
    This X3 design is like a fat Z30.

Regards
    02-24-16 03:25 AM
    Looks good to run a guard shack. Or maybe for the boss daughter who orders lunch. I cant see someone getting alot of work done on that.
    02-24-16 08:22 AM
    Don't think that would be a concern in a corporate setting as one will probably use MS Intune and MDM apps are siloed from the rest of the OS regardless of platform. Plus Win10 collects just as much info for Cortana/Bing as Google does for Google Now.
    The 90 percent I mentioned doesn't use MS Intune and MDM apps... this is a people's phone. And it is a good niche to market to.
    02-24-16 09:44 AM
    The 90 percent I mentioned doesn't use MS Intune and MDM apps... this is a people's phone. And it is a good niche to market to.
    'People' seem satisfied with their current offerings and underlying OS, so this is suited only for the niche it was made: companies who are MS shops and provide phones for their employees instead of the industry trend of BYOD.
    02-24-16 06:15 PM
    I don't understand BYOD. When I worked in the Health insurance Business (left at the end of 2011) our BlackBerry's were so locked down. Who would really want to use their own phone? If I worked for a company today that wanted me to have a mobile phone they would furnish it and pay for it. I would not want to have corp IT Minons anywhere near my personal device and or data.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-24-16 08:33 PM
    'People' seem satisfied with their current offerings and underlying OS, so this is suited only for the niche it was made: companies who are MS shops and provide phones for their employees instead of the industry trend of BYOD.
    North American mentality. Windows has niche countries, just like BlackBerry had Singapore (or was it Philippines, can't remember)
    Look at this https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/wind...one-sells-best

Outside of North America, android is king, ios devices are expensive, windows are good value devices, BlackBerry 10 is... I don't know anymore...
    02-24-16 10:13 PM
    The reason we have a bazillion bad mobile apps is because the hardware wasn't ready for real pocket computing. I agree that I'd rather run Android, BB10 or iOS than a gimped Windows RT. BUT, once a device like this can run Windows Pro, I'll never look at a dumb "smartphone" again.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 12:26 PM
    North American mentality. Windows has niche countries, just like BlackBerry had Singapore (or was it Philippines, can't remember)
    Look at this https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/wind...one-sells-best

Outside of North America, android is king, ios devices are expensive, windows are good value devices, BlackBerry 10 is... I don't know anymore...
    Nice year old link WinPhone has cratered in the last year except for the UK, selling 49% less year over year by the last MS ER revealed last month. It's doubtful many carriers outside of the US will be interested in the X3 given the Winphone demographic is a low-cost device.

MS is in the same position as BB. Holding on to phones as an end-to-end solution even though the prospects of ever making money it on are bleak.

HP Elite X3 Windows Phone...the beginning of the end for Android/iOS/BB10?-zkx3wqh.jpg
    02-25-16 04:12 PM
    Still great value. Look at the hardware offered! Much more exciting than no-news BlackBerry handsets.
    02-26-16 07:56 AM
    Nice year old link WinPhone has cratered in the last year except for the UK, selling 49% less year over year by the last MS ER revealed last month. It's doubtful many carriers outside of the US will be interested in the X3 given the Winphone demographic is a low-cost device.

MS is in the same position as BB. Holding on to phones as an end-to-end solution even though the prospects of ever making money it on are bleak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zKx3wqh.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	392464
    The big difference between BlackBerry and Microsoft is that Microsoft has a vision for the next generation of mobile technology and the resources to stay the course.

Many professional people today are used to carrying a laptop and a phone, but how many really want to do that?

If you gave most people a choice between a mobile phone or a mobile phone AND a real portable computer, which do you think they would prefer?

If you fast forward 5 years, there are two possible outcomes: 1) mobile OSes replace traditional OSes for most computing needs or real OSes replace mobile OSes on mobile phones.

Both are possible, but I would be much happier with the 2nd scenario.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-26-16 08:01 AM
    It did not get a very good review, nor did any of it 'features'.

Posted via CB10
    You're missing my point. This is not the category killer device for mobile phones, but it's an indicator of what's to come.

Imagine an Intel processor, 8GBs of RAM and Windows 10 Pro on this phone. With all of the docking options available that could replace 75% of all corporate laptops.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-26-16 at 08:46 AM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-26-16 08:06 AM
    The collection maybe similar but the laws around the data and how it is used is night and day diff in MS favor. Look it up.

The gov has taken MS to court for anti trust. Google should be going soon too.
    02-26-16 11:59 AM
    The big difference between BlackBerry and Microsoft is that Microsoft has a vision for the next generation of mobile technology and the resources to stay the course.

Many professional people today are used to carrying a laptop and a phone, but how many really want to do that?

If you gave most people a choice between a mobile phone or a mobile phone AND a real portable computer, which do you think they would prefer?

If you fast forward 5 years, there are two possible outcomes: 1) mobile OSes replace traditional OSes for most computing needs or real OSes replace mobile OSes on mobile phones.

Both are possible, but I would be much happier with the 2nd scenario.

Posted via CB10
    Yes MS has the advantage of tying the smartphone to a desktop OS. Their dual strategy of putting all their apps on the dominant smartphone platforms while developing the Surface phone concept may just delay either strategy becoming as fruitful. It may end up that it gives time for the convergence strategies of Apple and Google to become dominant themselves.
    02-26-16 03:50 PM
    The collection maybe similar but the laws around the data and how it is used is night and day diff in MS favor. Look it up.

The gov has taken MS to court for anti trust. Google should be going soon too.
    Not sure to which laws you are referring; 'right to be forgotten' ?

Google is just better at getting useful aggregate info from the same data than MS and targeting the ad buys to people which advertisers like. Neither give personally identifiable info to advertisers.
    02-26-16 03:58 PM
    try no hippa compliance. in 2015 it is now is for google apps for business. Consumer is still a rat in a cage.
    02-26-16 07:32 PM
    try no hippa compliance. in 2015 it is now is for google apps for business. Consumer is still a rat in a cage.
    Not every MS product will be able get a BAA signed either. Some product types like maps/search will never be offered with a BAA.
    02-26-16 09:01 PM
    Mail has to be the most important and private thing for a cell phone or computer. Ask prosecute Hillary. Google simply doesnt apply those safegaurds to consumers.
    02-27-16 09:08 AM
    Yes MS has the advantage of tying the smartphone to a desktop OS. Their dual strategy of putting all their apps on the dominant smartphone platforms while developing the Surface phone concept may just delay either strategy becoming as fruitful. It may end up that it gives time for the convergence strategies of Apple and Google to become dominant themselves.
    I actually don't care who gets there first. In fact I hope all three companies, plus Linux, get there together. My point is that I want to run the same full-featured applications everywhere. The only difference between platforms ought to be processing power, memory, graphics, etc. I am sick and tired of having to run dumbed down apps on my supposedly "smart" phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 12:52 AM
    I m waiting for that

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 11:56 PM
    This is the most excited I've been about a phone in years. If BlackBerry falls, I know where I'll be going...
    Exactly my thoughts as well. Leaning heavily to the 950

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 11:57 AM
48 12