I am stoked to get the focus Monday. It has been a long time since i have been excited about getting a cell phone, but i can truly say i am. The OS is new and undiscovered which i am very excited about, and to have to learn a phone for once is something has really got me hooked. Anyone else out there stoked ?
    11-06-10 06:55 PM
    Be sure to write a review of the Focus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 08:44 PM
    I will for sure man.
    11-06-10 09:58 PM
    Hey, sooks is switching to another platform. What do ya know?

I'd rather get the Omnia if I had to chose a WM7 device, but the OS itself doesn't interest me at all. Definitely give a review though, I am interested to hear user experiences and not blog experiences.
    11-07-10 01:47 PM
    Hey, sooks is switching to another platform. What do ya know?

I'd rather get the Omnia if I had to chose a WM7 device, but the OS itself doesn't interest me at all. Definitely give a review though, I am interested to hear user experiences and not blog experiences.
    Will do, and the Samsung focus is the Omnia 7
    11-07-10 09:48 PM
    Will do, and the Samsung focus is the Omnia 7
    Oh wow. I thought the Focus and Omnia 7 were different. Enjoy then.
    11-08-10 12:32 AM
    The Focus and the Omnia are different.

11-08-10 05:11 AM
    The Focus and the Omnia are different.

There the same phone .....im 97.00% sure .... the only difference is a hardware, the omnia 7 is just the UK version of the Focus
    11-08-10 12:22 PM
    There the same phone .....im 97.00% sure .... the only difference is a hardware, the omnia 7 is just the UK version of the Focus
    That makes sense. I just played around with the Focus today and it was awesome. I liked the OS better than Android. That's saying a lot.

11-08-10 01:25 PM
    Yea I went to an AT&T store to play with it today. Didn't like it at all. Very speedy UI and the Focus was built well. I just do not like the tiles and Metro UI in general. You cannot customize anything besides colors and you are stuck with those damn tiles. I like freedom to do what I want with my device. Metro UI is just like iOS, they are both locked down to what MS/Apple wants you to have. Unless MS decides to change this and allow for superior customization like Android, WebOS with homebrew apps, Meego, Symbian and even BB OS (at least you can completely change how your homescreeen looks), I will not consider buying a WP7 device ever.

The device was nice though I will give it that. I believe they will sell well.
    11-08-10 01:48 PM
    I went a got one myself and so far happy, thou I will see how a few work days go before I pass real world judgement. I have BIS still provisioned so I can always pop my SIM back in for real buttons if needed!
    11-08-10 08:11 PM
    Never judge a phone based off a display unit ........
    11-08-10 10:26 PM
    placed an order for mine today. dont know if i'll like it or not. not digging that its 8oz lighter than the iphone.

hope it doesnt feel cheap and plasticky.
    11-08-10 11:49 PM
    placed an order for mine today. dont know if i'll like it or not. not digging that its 8oz lighter than the iphone.

hope it doesnt feel cheap and plasticky.
    Honestly without the battery in it, it is sooo light that it feels cheap but it is not. Once the battery is in it has a good weight to it and the plastic feels good and solid. Im telling ya, wait tell its in your hands and your using it, you will love it.
    11-09-10 10:07 AM
    I like the tiles. I like that the app developer can customize them. The weather tile shows weather and changes. You can change the tile for pictures and so on. Its a great UI.
    11-12-10 09:04 PM
    Im personally holding out for the Lightning (aka Venue Pro), since the HD7 didnt exactly do it for me like my old Evo did
    11-12-10 09:31 PM
    Never judge a phone based off a display unit ........
    It was a working unit. It is pretty easy for someone to decide if they like OS navigation and feel (especially experienced tech users who know what they want in a device/OS) based on an in store unit.
    11-13-10 09:21 AM
    It was a working unit. It is pretty easy for someone to decide if they like OS navigation and feel (especially experienced tech users who know what they want in a device/OS) based on an in store unit.
    Still disagree man, no phone is as good as it is when it a display unit. Why? because you dont get to make it your own and really play with it. i have been through enough phones to tell ya that man.
    11-13-10 12:42 PM
    I'm switiching to the Focus in December. I played with it in the store and loved it. I was considering the torch, but saw the endgadget comparison, and now I'm sold on the WP7 and on the focus.

To make my decision even more solid, I downloaded blackberry maps on my bold 9700 a couple days ago, and I can't find it anywhere on my phone, in any folders! I checked the application list and it's there, but I just can't seem to find it. It was kind of the last straw. But when I download an app, I want to be able to find it and use it. And the maps on the Focus display phone...awesome!

I'm not super tech savvy or anyting, I just want to do the things I want to do like having nice maps and finding my downloaded apps. I will miss BBM though - it's the one thing that kept me on black berry. Oh, I'll also miss my Bold 9700 keyboard. I know the one on the torch is supposed to be the same, but it just isn't!
    11-14-10 01:55 PM
    Still disagree man, no phone is as good as it is when it a display unit. Why? because you dont get to make it your own and really play with it. i have been through enough phones to tell ya that man.
    Make what my own? Tiles? The UI wont change. How does playing with the OS by owning it change the fact that you can't customize basically anything? Sounds like you can barely make it your own.

Go ahead and disagree. I don't need to spend days with a device to tell if I like it. I do not like the UI or the layout or the lack of customization. Owning it for a few days wont change that.

I know you have been through enough phones. I have as well. And I can tell if I like the OS or not VERY quickly by the way the UI works. I left the iPhone because it was locked down and canot be customized without a jailbreak. WP7 is the exact same thing in a different flavor.

Enjoy your jailbreak when it comes out as well.

Windows Phone 7 jailbreak imminent | BGR
    11-14-10 02:35 PM
    Make what my own? Tiles? The UI wont change. How does playing with the OS by owning it change the fact that you can't customize basically anything? Sounds like you can barely make it your own.

Go ahead and disagree. I don't need to spend days with a device to tell if I like it. I do not like the UI or the layout or the lack of customization. Owning it for a few days wont change that.

I know you have been through enough phones. I have as well. And I can tell if I like the OS or not VERY quickly by the way the UI works. I left the iPhone because it was locked down and canot be customized without a jailbreak. WP7 is the exact same thing in a different flavor.

Enjoy your jailbreak when it comes out as well.

Windows Phone 7 jailbreak imminent | BGR
    LOL its all good man, may not be for you ... i just like having a phone that works and i don;t have to tinker with, but when i feel like tinkering i have my streak or n1 to play with dont worry man i still love android lol
    11-15-10 10:15 PM
    11-15-10 11:31 PM
    Other than color tiles, what does the phone do????
    11-16-10 04:06 PM
    Other than color tiles, what does the phone do????
    What do you mean " what else does it do"
    11-17-10 12:22 PM
    im flipping a coin whether to android it when the hack comes, decisions decisions
    11-18-10 04:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD