On of my co-workers was an early adapter of Wind. When talking to him the call would fail fairly regularly. When we re-connected I would tell him that he broke Wind again.
    03-02-13 10:51 PM
    i noticed that the 3G speed in 2011 (2 years ago) is same as the HSPA+ speed today (2 year ago may have been a bit faster). this is rather sad
    03-02-13 10:58 PM
    it's not just the Z10, most carriers are doing this for all recent phones. Even Wireless Wave stores only have year old phones off contract and there's fine print to buy those too. Carriers want to lock us in plain and simple. The phone brand has very little to do with it.
    yup. it is the same as not giving the 3 year contract price to existing customers if they have 7 months on the contract. you need to sign a new 3 year term
    03-02-13 11:03 PM
    Well it's been acouple days now and I love this phone!

After all the crap with WIND it was still worth it for the phone.
    It's fast, and a breeze to use.

The only thing that took some time was getting all my contacts copied over. But alittle research and its working amazing.

Cheers
    03-05-13 12:42 PM
    Wind is amazing for me. $30 for unlimited talk/text/data and voicemail/CID. No charges, no surprises.

I will never go back to one of the big three until they offer something more competitive, or I need the 5-10% increased reliability (read: until my business launches and I am making $$$ from being reliable).

I recently looked at the Rogers plans, and to get enough texts and minutes and data I'd be paying over $100 a month. I'm a student AND a power user. Wind is awesome!

As for your customer service experience: I'm sorry. George in Kingsgate mall in Vancouver is amazing! I highly recommend him :-) Please remember that these are the employees, not the brand!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 12:56 PM
    Wind has awful customer service. I went on March 15 to upgrade as thats when I was told by Wind corporate that I could do it. I went to one of the Wind stores and had to fight with them to let me do the upgrade. It wasnt until I talked to the store manager and showed him my twitter convo with Wind coporate that they agreed to give me the phone. I love Wind for cheap plans and unlimited usage but I always hate dealing with any Wind employee
    03-24-13 07:26 PM
    For what I want from my new Z10 wind is the only carrier for me.
    04-04-13 09:27 PM
    I've been using my Z10 on WIND Mobile for two weeks now. It has been working great so far. It has better reception than my 9780 which is already very good. I blew 5GB of data in this period. It also works great as a hot spot for my laptops around the house. The Z10 and wind mobile combo is ideal for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:00 AM
    Hey Everyone,
    I wasn't sure I wanted to post this but the longer I sat here the more mad I got with Wind.
    So I have been a loyal customer of Wind since almost the beginning. Not a bad thing to say about them. Coverage has been great and with the Blackberry's I have had over the years its been amazing. I work on it all day, emails, text , talk and for a much lower rate then I paid prior to switching to WIND.

Today was the first hiccup in the relationship I have with WIND. On the website it states you can purchase the Z10 outright at $599. So I jumped in my car at lunch and went across the street to the Wind Kiosk in Time Square in Markham, ON. The rep there tells me "Sorry but its not being sold outright, I need to be a new customer" basically explaining how I could change my cell # and get a great new Z10. After 5 minutes of arguing the issues with what I have with his sales pitch. He tells me to call Customer Support. So I leave jump in my car and dial 611 to get a rep that tells me basically the same thing, but throws in this nugget "Or you could go to another Carrier buy the phone and bring it back to WIND!" Which I told him if I go to another carrier to get the phone... I am not coming back to this Joke of a company.

So explain to me why would WIND want to **** off existing clients like this? I am this close to walking to Telus and getting a new plan and telling WIND to stick it. For an extra $20 a month it might just be worth it to not deal with idiots like that?

Does anyone have any options to purchase a Z10 outright from a wind store or am I actually screwed till the decide to allow these purchase at a later date?

Whit
    Corporate stores will sell you the phone outright, franchised stores will not. Also some corporate stores have been sold and are now franchises so you may need to refer to WIND's store map for reference. I have a copy of the official rules and it quite clearly states that the phone can be sold to both new and existing customers outright.
    04-28-13 06:13 AM
    Just to mention...Wind phones will work (unlocked) on other networks....but no Telus, Rogers, or Fido phones will work on Wind.
    04-28-13 06:37 AM
60 123