Hey Everyone,
    I wasn't sure I wanted to post this but the longer I sat here the more mad I got with Wind.
    So I have been a loyal customer of Wind since almost the beginning. Not a bad thing to say about them. Coverage has been great and with the Blackberry's I have had over the years its been amazing. I work on it all day, emails, text , talk and for a much lower rate then I paid prior to switching to WIND.

Today was the first hiccup in the relationship I have with WIND. On the website it states you can purchase the Z10 outright at $599. So I jumped in my car at lunch and went across the street to the Wind Kiosk in Time Square in Markham, ON. The rep there tells me "Sorry but its not being sold outright, I need to be a new customer" basically explaining how I could change my cell # and get a great new Z10. After 5 minutes of arguing the issues with what I have with his sales pitch. He tells me to call Customer Support. So I leave jump in my car and dial 611 to get a rep that tells me basically the same thing, but throws in this nugget "Or you could go to another Carrier buy the phone and bring it back to WIND!" Which I told him if I go to another carrier to get the phone... I am not coming back to this Joke of a company.

So explain to me why would WIND want to **** off existing clients like this? I am this close to walking to Telus and getting a new plan and telling WIND to stick it. For an extra $20 a month it might just be worth it to not deal with idiots like that?

Does anyone have any options to purchase a Z10 outright from a wind store or am I actually screwed till the decide to allow these purchase at a later date?

Whit
    02-28-13 11:59 AM
    Why not just buy it online from Wind? Looks like you can do this without a plan, and the shipping is free. Might be a couple of extra days, but you don't have to deal with anyone, so a lot less BS.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-28-13 12:15 PM
    I had a similar experience with Futureshop and Costco. They refused to sell me the phone outright. I called Fido and the rep said goto Fido kiosk and they CAN NOT refuse you. So did and got the Z10.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-28-13 12:20 PM
    The only good experience I had with Wind was closing my account.
    I really wanted to go with the little guy but they made it suck.
    Neely2005 and sheeraz_aa like this.
    02-28-13 12:22 PM
    I got my Wind Z10 yesterday, no problems. I was already on a plan and they allowed me to buy it outright.
    vegetto_456 and nnomad like this.
    02-28-13 12:23 PM
    They're trying to prevent people just buying hardware and sending it overseas.
    02-28-13 12:24 PM
    It was also like this almost everywhere here in Vancouver on launch day for Rogers/Bell/Telus.

Only corporate stores were selling outright. Authorized resellers were only selling with a hardware upgrade or a new customer.
    02-28-13 12:25 PM
    it's not just the Z10, most carriers are doing this for all recent phones. Even Wireless Wave stores only have year old phones off contract and there's fine print to buy those too. Carriers want to lock us in plain and simple. The phone brand has very little to do with it.
    02-28-13 12:28 PM
    I bought my Z10 outright yesterday from Wind without a problem. I am an existing client. If you don't mind driving to Scarborough Today Center then they will sell it to you there.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    02-28-13 12:34 PM
    Have you tried a Best Buy Mobile? I got mine for Rogers/Fido from them (with no new contract)
    02-28-13 12:36 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    I wasn't sure I wanted to post this but the longer I sat here the more mad I got with Wind.
    So I have been a loyal customer of Wind since almost the beginning. Not a bad thing to say about them. Coverage has been great and with the Blackberry's I have had over the years its been amazing. I work on it all day, emails, text , talk and for a much lower rate then I paid prior to switching to WIND.

Today was the first hiccup in the relationship I have with WIND. On the website it states you can purchase the Z10 outright at $599. So I jumped in my car at lunch and went across the street to the Wind Kiosk in Time Square in Markham, ON. The rep there tells me "Sorry but its not being sold outright, I need to be a new customer" basically explaining how I could change my cell # and get a great new Z10. After 5 minutes of arguing the issues with what I have with his sales pitch. He tells me to call Customer Support. So I leave jump in my car and dial 611 to get a rep that tells me basically the same thing, but throws in this nugget "Or you could go to another Carrier buy the phone and bring it back to WIND!" Which I told him if I go to another carrier to get the phone... I am not coming back to this Joke of a company.

So explain to me why would WIND want to **** off existing clients like this? I am this close to walking to Telus and getting a new plan and telling WIND to stick it. For an extra $20 a month it might just be worth it to not deal with idiots like that?

Does anyone have any options to purchase a Z10 outright from a wind store or am I actually screwed till the decide to allow these purchase at a later date?

Whit
    Coverage has been great? I take it that you never leave their 'Wind Zones'?

I'm not sure if any Carriers are selling the Z10 outright yet due to the high demand.
    02-28-13 12:41 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Whit
    As a fellow WIND Customer, I feel your pain believe me! I talked to them on twitter and they said that I cant buy it on tab even tho my tab is clear and because I'm not a NEW customer. I too was considering telling them to fudge off. You can still buy it outright from a wind store. Those store kiosks are only dealers, they are notorious for being very unhelpful. Wind told me directly on twitter that i can buy it outright from any store. Try going to a legit wind store instead of a dealer. Let us know if it works out!
    02-28-13 12:48 PM
    first mistake... going to Times Square ... Rogers, Wind, Telus, Bell or any carrier in an Asian Mall are HORRIBLE in terms of service!! i am asian so i go to these malls a lot..

my buddy bought a z10 at First Markham Place and the phone wouldn't charge.. he got a CASE ID and IT determined his phone DOA... went to the store and they didn't want to give him a replacement.. they said they were going to send it in for repair.. he ended up returning it and they wanted to charge him a $100 restocking fee... but in the end he just returned it and now he has to wait 2 billing cycles for his adjustments etc come back from his early upgrade fee being waived..

i will NEVER go to a carrier store unless it's a flagship store..
    02-28-13 12:52 PM
    Drop wind go with a company that supports LTE and has better network coverage. You may pay a little more but it's quality that counts.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 12:56 PM
    I was able to purchase my Z10 on Rogers on Release day with no issues or contract, good luck with the battle
    02-28-13 01:43 PM
    If you have a smartphone... avoid them like the plague.

Wind / Mobilicity are known for their sh*t service, at least here in Vancouver.
    Personal experience: They're okay if you're on a really tight budget and need a dumbphone to make a short call or two a day.

Also, they shouldn't have a right to not allow you purchase of the phone outright, especially since it's being sold that way on their website. Shame on them.
    02-28-13 01:52 PM
    They told me the same thing when I wanted to buy it out right but I had printout of the email from them saying for new and current customers as of February 27. Windtab as of Mar 15. I called customer service and complained about it saying that I have a proof of that. they recorded all that and gave me a case # and said to go to a corporate store to buy it and if there is any problems to call them from the store. Also when I left the corporate store empty handed the store called me back 10 min later and the rep said that district managaer said it was OK for me to buy it out right. I am going to buy it after work.
    02-28-13 02:21 PM
    shouldnt this be in the regional carrier section?
    02-28-13 02:26 PM
    Z10 Wind Mobile Experience-image.jpg

I got it mine from Oshawa Center.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-28-13 02:50 PM
    for a phone like the Z10 (or iPhone or Android) you really need a LTE network to get the full experience. otherwise you're basically driving a Maserati on the highway at rush hour... "damn this car sucks. only goes 7 km/h."
    sheeraz_aa and skibnik like this.
    02-28-13 02:58 PM
    Wind Mobile suckssss, Rogers all the way!
    02-28-13 03:01 PM
    I think you got that backwards.
    nnomad likes this.
    02-28-13 03:04 PM
    I was lucky i had a koodo prepaid sim, ported out number the night before and ported it back in second day at noon. I was aware the restrictions they placed on selling the z10 since all carriers did the same thing for new releases

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 03:28 PM
    This is no surprise as the franchises don't make any money from the selling the phones, the only make money on the plans and the accessories. This kind of behavior is normal for them, they have done thins for years, since I remember when the blackberries were blue.

So why are arguing or making a big deal out of this I don't know, it's nothing new! So stop your whining! LOL
    02-28-13 03:39 PM
    Rogers sucks just as much as WIND!
    02-28-13 03:41 PM
60 123