I received a reply from WIND Customer Service today (August 21, 2014) that they do not have any "information" concerning the provision of any "new" BlackBerry devices to their customers. Does anyone know if the Passport and/or Classic will be offered by WIND?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:48 PM
    I emailed them plus facebook them and got the same run around to just keep an eye on their site

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:51 PM
    I am keeping my fingers crossed but am a little skeptical given that WIND has whittled their BlackBerry offerings down to just one device: the Q10. It's a little frustrating to say the least. So, I will bypass the temptation to rant and will adopt a "wait and see" attitude for now. Go BlackBerry Go!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:13 AM
    I gut tells me we're only going to see the Classic

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 01:01 PM
    I know a few other people that email them too, they got same answer. Did wind ever get the z30? Maybe they only deal with the lower budget BlackBerry phones?

If they won't want to have large stock in worry it won't sell, maybe they should at least offer online orders as an option..

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:02 PM
    I second the online orders and the option to pick it up at the closest wind store besides shipping to the home address, would be a good option.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    08-23-14 02:36 AM
    I know a few other people that email them too, they got same answer. Did wind ever get the z30? Maybe they only deal with the lower budget BlackBerry phones?

If they won't want to have large stock in worry it won't sell, maybe they should at least offer online orders as an option..

Posted via CB10
    Wind never got the Z30 no... actually when i brought my Z30 in to get switched over to them they said they had never seen it before and how nice it was

I'm guessing it was just sales lady talk but the point stands, they had never seen a Z30 before

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    08-25-14 07:02 AM
    I received a reply from WIND Customer Service today (August 21, 2014) that they do not have any "information" concerning the provision of any "new" BlackBerry devices to their customers. Does anyone know if the Passport and/or Classic will be offered by WIND?

Posted via CB10
    You'll get the run-around no matter what device or OS you inquire about if it hasn't been confirmed already. Even before the GS5 was launched you couldn't get word one way or the other about its availability on WIND until it was officially announced. Frontline CSRs never have this information ahead of time. Never. The earliest we'll officially hear whether the Passport is going to be available on WIND is September 24th, the BlackBerry launch of the device. Availability of The Classic also won't be available until on or after its official launch.

Having said that, I can confirm that WIND has network tested the Passport and will be testing the Classic later this month. As far as I know a decision has been reached on the Passport but there seems to be resistance to the price point so we'll have to wait and see what that decision is in 3 weeks.

Incidentally, I've been told by people who should know that the Passport will be priced at $599 USD and $649 CAD which although rich for some is totally reasonable for the device as it's been presented to us so far.
    09-03-14 11:23 AM
    Wind never got the Z30 no... actually when i brought my Z30 in to get switched over to them they said they had never seen it before and how nice it was

I'm guessing it was just sales lady talk but the point stands, they had never seen a Z30 before

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    There are actually quite a few Z30s running on WIND, it seems to be the BlackBerry users device of choice on that network!
    mitchy_mitch likes this.
    09-03-14 11:28 AM
    Running Z30 on WIND here too

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    09-03-14 11:30 AM
    Well, tomorrow's the big day and we'll know soon enough if WIND is going to carry the Passport or not. Keep an eye open tomorrow on WIND's device page for a sign up for information about the Passport, if we don't see that by Thursday we'd better hope BlackBerry is selling it unlocked in their store on launch!
    midnightdoom likes this.
    09-23-14 03:22 PM
    Might need to wait a bit longer. Keeping tabs on their facebook page would probably be best, besides the website. That's what I recommend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-14 07:32 PM
    Apparently their BBM channel page gave hint to it. Nowhere did they say in the post it was coming though

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:40 PM
    Their BBM channel points to the wrong domain (www.windmobile.com, not www.windmobile.ca), as I can tell it's not their official channel. Wind Italy however has an official channel, which is easily found.

09-23-14 10:03 PM
    I stopped by a big corporate store just up the road from me last night and asked about the Passport, the manager there said she hadn't heard of any forthcoming training on the device neither have the any allocated display space, but she did add they're generally the last to know.
    09-24-14 06:33 AM
    we wont really know until after the 30th Telus has exclusive selling rights until then.

09-24-14 06:14 PM
    Well that totally sucks hot peppers.

09-25-14 07:10 AM
    we wont really know until after the 30th Telus has exclusive selling rights until then.

Bell, Rogers and MTS have all confirmed they're going to carry the Passport after the 30th and all are taking pre-orders for it. If WIND were carrying the phone they would have a sign up page for info by now, just like the Note 4 page they've had up for about 6 weeks. It doesn't look likely that WIND will carry the Passport, at least immediately. The Classic is a better bet but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    09-25-14 11:09 AM
    The wind channel on BBM Channels is authentic, the website link of www.windmobile.com redirects to the correct website.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:47 AM
    I just checked their website, and even though a store rep had told me that the Passport was "coming to Wind", there are no longer any BlackBerrys on their list of devices. They did have the Q10 (although not in stock) when I last checked in September. Also, Virgin Mobile Canada does not have any more BB devices, although they only had the Q5 in recent times, so I guess that's not surprising.
    11-07-14 10:45 AM
    I just checked their website, and even though a store rep had told me that the Passport was "coming to Wind", there are no longer any BlackBerrys on their list of devices. They did have the Q10 (although not in stock) when I last checked in September. Also, Virgin Mobile Canada does not have any more BB devices, although they only had the Q5 in recent times, so I guess that's not surprising.
    Virgin (bell) mobile basically cut them out, and it's terrible. Bell as a major carrier, same for rogers and telus, I hope they don't do the same thing (including their subsideries Fido, koodo, chat-r, public).

11-08-14 11:45 PM
    I also think it might be the doom and gloom that is causing a negative rippling effect with blackberry's reputation for carriers. Now if Chen talks to the sales people or CEO's of rogers (fido/chat-r), telus (koodo/public), bell (virgin) and windmobile, then it might really help allot.

11-08-14 11:47 PM
    Hopefully they'll have one of the two by Xmas. My windtab is maturing really soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 10:23 PM
    I think it was confirmed in another thread that Wind isn't planning to carry either the Passport or Classic. It's a shame, also there current BB line up is non existent.
    11-14-14 12:13 AM
    Well, purchasing them outright is probably the best option now.

11-17-14 02:45 PM
34 12