Introduction
    I have been with Fido for over a year, using a Bold 9000 and the BBM/E-mail package that they have. I eventually sold the 9000 in anticipation for the 9700 and used an old Palm Treo 680 that I had lying around. Eventually, WIND had a deal where if you sign up, you get 50% off your mobile plan. I thought this was the perfect time to jump onto the WIND train. I was extremely excited at first because I love having new electronic toys to play with. I visited the WIND location at Promenade Mall, and I was helped by an extremely nice lady there whose name is As****. She was very helpful and knew her stuff. So, I whipped out my Vista with 1% Annual Cashback.

First Phone

The first phone I had received had a PERFECT trackpad! No Bold I have tried had such a perfect trackpad. Only problem is that text messages over 160 chars would come in scrambled. I went to the WIND store I purchased it at and they gave me a new one immediately.

Second Phone

The second phone had a problem where the whole bottom right of the keyboard felt like there was something sticky underneath each key. The trackpad was wobbly as **** and it annoyed me. I went in, and after 30-40 minutes, I learned about their ridiculous exchange policy that only allows 1 EXCHANGE PER CUSTOMER. What!? 1 Exchange!? WTF is that?

I got a new one yet again.

Third Phone

The third phone I had received seemed fine at first, wobbly trackpad but **** I wasn't surprised. The 9000 had the loose battery door issue, and so I guess every model has it's own little surprise for its customers. I went home charged it, and I left it alone to go watch a movie. I came back 2 hours later, and the battery was still empty. The battery symbol was red with a lightning bold. I took out the charger, restarted the phone, and all of a sudden the battery was full! I decided to leave it unplugged for a while. Picked it up 20 minutes after and the battery was fully empty... I went to the store at Dufferin and Steeles this time since the Promenade location didn't have any batteries. Boy oh boy. I walk into the store and no one is standing at the front. All 3 employees were at the back sitting on their phones talking on BBM. After one of them finally got up, I explained to him the situation. Without listening to me, he picked up the charger from the box, took the phone and went to the back of the store. After 20 minutes without saying where he went, he came back and said if I wanted to process a refund, he'd have to call customer service up and ask them if I had talked over 30 minutes on the phone. I find that this policy is ridiculous considering I've been through so many phones that I want my money back. He waited on the line for around 30 minutes when I said I just wanted a new phone. Just a heads up, even WIND employees have to wait on the line to speak to customer service. The wait times are ridiculous. They range from 20 - 60 minutes waiting for me. He brought out a new device, I opened it and I felt that the trackpad was the worst yet. I told him I wanted him to check for one that had a good trackpad (all the boxes aren't sealed, they've been ripped open by employees) to which he refused and said "You should take what you get because we're not supposed to exchange the phone more than once." After this, i swelled up with rage. For a company that says that customer service is their #1 priority to have employees treating their customers like this... outrageous.

Summary

My opinion: STAY THE **** AWAY FROM WIND. Their service coverage in my area is very good, and with the 50% off your plan, you can't beat their prices for what they give you. The cons that I see with this company:

1.) Calling customer service takes FOREVER
    2.) In-store sales reps that know nothing about Blackberry's. The first thing they do is a battery reset, no matter what the problem is
    3.) EXTREMELY rude sales reps that have their phones out all day, and act like theyre doing a favor to the customer by talking to them.
    4.) You can't get your phone right on the first try. Call it back luck, but my mother and I, along with a friend, all signed up for WIND this month and bought phones from them. My phone had a bunch of issues, and my mother's samsung gravity had an issue where if you touch the back of it, or put it on a table it would reset (loose battery connections?) while my friend had an issue with his earpiece.

My advice? DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT OR CURRENT PHONE COMPANY! Canada wanted FREEDOM, and this, is not freedom.

Rogers, Bell and Telus may lock you in to a 3 year contract, but they take care of you. I have been with all 3 companies, and getting in touch with customer support takes 10-15 mins at most even on the busiest day in my personal experience. I have never heard of a policy that limits customer to only 1 exchange. I will be returning my bold 9700 tomorrow, and I will be sticking to Fido.

I loved the coverage, and I loved the unlimited talk and text for the price, but ****, if you ain't treating me right you can go to ****!

feel free to ask any question about WIND!

/endrant
    07-04-10 04:02 PM
    Oh and let me get this straight... a new network that is slowly expanding yet they haven't activated UMA, HMMMM....

Also, no visual voicemail either?
    07-04-10 04:34 PM
    Fifth Phone: No Trackpad wobble

The following keys get stuck once you press them:

G, U, J.

Going to get my money back.
    07-05-10 04:40 PM
    The blackberry's probably are last-minute overstock from RIM. Expect that ****. The following key gets stuck all the time:

I

So... I'm with telus. The trackball is a bit wobbly but I don't complain. The problem I have, the u & i keys are being pressed at the same time. Weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD