The last wind update I got it like 2 days after rogers got it..still that is unacceptable.

Posted via CB10 app using my BlackBerry Z30
    05-29-14 06:13 PM
    They used to be quick. There was a slow one that I didn't wait for when the first leak allowing APK installs was available. They need to pick up the pace...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:25 PM
    The last update I got, was the same day it released for rogers and all the other Canadian provide.
    My brother is with Bell and he already got his update.
    05-29-14 08:06 PM
    I had a email chat with BlackBerry this morning who say that WIND has the update and it's up to them when to release it but it should have gone out the first day.

Just got off the phone with WIND, I asked when the update was to be released and I was told WIND hadn't received the update from BlackBerry yet. I informed her that I had confirmed with BlackBerry that WIND has the release and had it in time to release on the 27th. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she didn't really have an answer for me but hinted that it might have something to do with slow sales. That wasn't what I wanted to hear and told her. I told her that by saying that it meant that WIND didn't respect or value me as a customer based purely on what OS I chose to use, my money's as good as anyone else's so why can't I be treated the same?

Anyhow, sorry that doesn't make the update arrive any faster but at least we know where we stand.
    05-30-14 12:54 PM
    Wow that is so sad. Thanks for the update. I will contact WIND as well to see if I can get a better answer from them.

Thanks for your work in contacting BlackBerry and WIND..much appreciated

05-30-14 01:02 PM
    I had a email chat with BlackBerry this morning who say that WIND has the update and it's up to them when to release it but it should have gone out the first day.

Just got off the phone with WIND, I asked when the update was to be released and I was told WIND hadn't received the update from BlackBerry yet. I informed her that I had confirmed with BlackBerry that WIND has the release and had it in time to release on the 27th. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she didn't really have an answer for me but hinted that it might have something to do with slow sales. That wasn't what I wanted to hear and told her. I told her that by saying that it meant that WIND didn't respect or value me as a customer based purely on what OS I chose to use, my money's as good as anyone else's so why can't I be treated the same?

Anyhow, sorry that doesn't make the update arrive any faster but at least we know where we stand.
    Hey can you try and take this to twitter? And hash tag BlackBerry and WIND. Maybe that will help

05-30-14 01:06 PM
    Hey can you try and take this to twitter? And hash tag BlackBerry and WIND. Maybe that will help

I don't want to turn this into a Twitter war with someone who only has the information they've been given, the Twitter account is run by a 3rd party so it's unlikely to have too much affect anyway. I just wrote to the Office of the President, let's see what that does. I do actually have Tony's cell number, if worse comes to the worse I'll text him directly.
    RafiqK likes this.
    05-30-14 01:58 PM
    Nothing yet on my z30, friends q10 or z10.

Wind user here

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 02:12 PM
    Got the ota update last night on vodafone india.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.xxxx
    05-31-14 06:14 AM
    I don't want to turn this into a Twitter war with someone who only has the information they've been given, the Twitter account is run by a 3rd party so it's unlikely to have too much affect anyway. I just wrote to the Office of the President, let's see what that does. I do actually have Tony's cell number, if worse comes to the worse I'll text him directly.
    Let us know the out come of this.

Thanks.

Last edited by RafiqK; 05-31-14 at 09:29 AM.
    05-31-14 08:30 AM
    My GF got it on her Q10 middle of the week. Her phone is unlocked with a post paid plan on Telcel (Mexico).

I haven't gotten it yet on my Z30, which is carrier locked with pay as you go, also on Telcel.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    05-31-14 09:07 AM
    Wind doesn't care about BlackBerry anymore. They're focused on Android now. They'd love to see all their BlackBerry customers get frustrated and switch to another brand. Therefore, dont expect any red carpet BlackBerry service from them.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:16 PM
    Wind doesn't care about BlackBerry anymore. They're focused on Android now. They'd love to see all their BlackBerry customers get frustrated and switch to another brand. Therefore, dont expect any red carpet BlackBerry service from them.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say that WIND doesn't care about BlackBerry customers as they've actually done pretty well with the brand since 2009 and have received a lot of support from BlackBerry with inventory and cross promotions especially in the early days. The Z10 sold reasonably for them and the Q10 has been selling at a steady pace ever since launch, the one failure was the Q5 and you can hardly say that was their fault. The simple fact of the matter, as it turns out, is that WIND is pretty much fighting for its own survival these days, not because they're not doing well but because their current backer, VimpelCom, is preparing to sell them and has recently taken extremely drastic action to write the company and its debt down to zero for a quick sale, in other words, VimpelCom thinks its Canadian investment is worthless under the current market and political conditions laid out by the federal government. In fact, many potential foreign investors have pulled the plug on ever investing in Canada due to the interference and meddling of the current government making it impossible for them to predict any ROI.

So, it's not so simple as you make it sound, WIND doesn't hate its own customers but rather have bigger things on their plate they need to deal with. The update will come, just have patience.
    06-01-14 09:01 AM
    Telus received there's today, anyone get on WIND?
    06-03-14 02:19 PM
    Nope

06-03-14 02:43 PM
    Suks!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:50 PM
    Remember T-MOBILE and it's thing of offering people rebate or something to get a different phone? This is no different. Makes you 1.next time think twice about getting a BlackBerry or 2. Changing carriers right away

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:52 PM
    Remember T-MOBILE and it's thing of offering people rebate or something to get a different phone? This is no different. Makes you 1.next time think twice about getting a BlackBerry or 2. Changing carriers right away

Posted via CB10
    Actually it doesn't even get me thinking of anything of the sort. If I really wanted the update that badly I know I can get a leaked version but I really lost interest in that sort of thing after I left BBOS. I'll get it when I get it, as long as it's not as late as WIND's BBOS7.1 update for the 9790 which was issued almost a year after BlackBerry launched it through the carriers.
    06-03-14 03:39 PM
    Actually it doesn't even get me thinking of anything of the sort. If I really wanted the update that badly I know I can get a leaked version but I really lost interest in that sort of thing after I left BBOS. I'll get it when I get it, as long as it's not as late as WIND's BBOS7.1 update for the 9790 which was issued almost a year after BlackBerry launched it through the carriers.
    Good for you! Lucky for the advance user that can install leaks without a hassle. Others, maybe the majority, cant. They (including myself) expect promptly delivered updates across the border. It only makes sense. If there is an update for a costly device, there surely are some improvements and don't we all want those? I do!
    06-03-14 05:26 PM
    If anyone wants to do the SIM route for a Q10 SQN100-5, try a Videotron SIM (if you can find one).

Also, does anyone with a Wind Z10 know if Rogers/Bell/Telus SIMs work to update?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:29 PM
    If anyone wants to do the SIM route for a Q10 SQN100-5, try a Videotron SIM (if you can find one).

Also, does anyone with a Wind Z10 know if Rogers/Bell/Telus SIMs work to update?

Posted via CB10
    I tried a Rogers card and it didnt work. granted, my phone is not unlocked..
    06-03-14 05:49 PM
    Good for you! Lucky for the advance user that can install leaks without a hassle. Others, maybe the majority, cant. They (including myself) expect promptly delivered updates across the border. It only makes sense. If there is an update for a costly device, there surely are some improvements and don't we all want those? I do!
    I understand your frustration, but the only way you'll get WIND off their duff is to email them. And I don't mean just you but everyone here who's waiting once again for an OS update. Go to their website and scroll down to the bottom and click the "Contact Us" link. I've already sent an email a little higher up the chain and got the usual runaround but if everyone here floods them then maybe something will be done. If you know other forums where people are voicing their displeasure then encourage them too. Try it, you never know.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    06-03-14 06:53 PM
    I never get any OTA updates, I think I got a Blacklisted phone lol.
    06-03-14 07:06 PM
    All I have to say as a Wind subscriber this doesn't bode well for future updates by BlackBerry... like 10.3 in the fall.

Yes I've been SQUIRCLEFIED! ?
    06-03-14 07:24 PM
    I got my Wind update! Woot!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:09 PM
206 12345 ...