It seems over the last couple of days that some have been connecting to B4/7 LTE in the east end of Toronto according to posts on other forums; it seems Freedom is in the testing stage of the build out already in Toronto. Haven't been able to test this out myself but will do later today as I'll be in at least one of the areas identified.

Keep your eyes peeled!
    11-27-17 11:58 AM
    I work in South - west Scarborough and I am indeed getting 4g lte but not at full bars. When I get home which is central Scarborough the phone reverts back to 4g but full bars.
    12-28-17 11:59 AM
    Interesting, I don't live in those areas of eastern toronto, however there's also reports of it in lawrence park east (of Allen road). I was there, but did not get LTE. It's off and on, maybe a change in APN will do it, via e-screen in BlackBerry 10.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    02-02-18 12:58 AM
    Interesting, I don't live in those areas of eastern toronto, however there's also reports of it in lawrence park east (of Allen road). I was there, but did not get LTE. It's off and on, maybe a change in APN will do it, via e-screen in BlackBerry 10.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    As per https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13280860 at the present time your Passport won't be able to access B4 or B7 LTE or any other LTE network for that matter (i.e. Away) while a Freedom Mobile SIM is inserted in your device as their network is configured to lock the LTE bands out of any unapproved devices which includes BlackBerry.

However as soon as you switch your SIM card to one from another carrier, the LTE bands and network modes are instantly unlocked and you will see LTE on the WIND network when doing a manual scan if you are within their LTE coverage area.

I believe that the only way to get Freedom Mobile to resolve this issue is to complain publicly on Twitter that they are discriminating against Blackberry users!
    Last edited by PwrSurge; 09-20-18 at 04:21 PM.
    09-20-18 12:29 PM
    Band 13 for their extended range LTE is compatible with some BlackBerry 10 devices (and all the BlackBerry android-powered devices). Though still blacklisted.

At least I can access the network and make calls.

10-19-18 07:54 PM
    Band 13 for their extended range LTE is compatible with some BlackBerry 10 devices (and all the BlackBerry android-powered devices). Though still blacklisted.

At least I can access the network and make calls.

Interesting... so this works on your Passport? In which areas were you able to make calls with your BB10 device on band 13? Also, you must have had to forcefully enable LTE in the Engineering Screen for this to work. If so, please let us know which changes you made in order for this to work.

What Network Mode options do you have in Mobile Network on your device? With a WIND or Freedom Mobile sim card in, these get restricted to either 4G & 3G (i.e. UMTS only in ES) or 4G & 3G & 2G (i.e. UMTS & GSM in ES). This appears to be tied strictly with the way Freedom Mobile's sim cards are configured as even in areas with no mobile coverage, the LTE network mode options which appear when a non-WIND SIM card is inserted into the device disappear shortly after switching back to a WIND SIM card.
    10-21-18 02:58 PM
    Interesting... so this works on your Passport? In which areas were you able to make calls with your BB10 device on band 13? Also, you must have had to forcefully enable LTE in the Engineering Screen for this to work. If so, please let us know which changes you made in order for this to work.

What Network Mode options do you have in Mobile Network on your device? With a WIND or Freedom Mobile sim card in, these get restricted to either 4G & 3G (i.e. UMTS only in ES) or 4G & 3G & 2G (i.e. UMTS & GSM in ES). This appears to be tied strictly with the way Freedom Mobile's sim cards are configured as even in areas with no mobile coverage, the LTE network mode options which appear when a non-WIND SIM card is inserted into the device disappear shortly after switching back to a WIND SIM card.
    I did a few speed tests, and the speeds (on the common LTE bands) were slow as the passport and classic don't support band 66. HSPA+ speeds are possibly showing as being faster. Still, can't figure out if I am on LTE or H+. Some days the latency is very very low, some higher. That should be an indication.

11-23-18 09:32 PM