I just unlocked a Telus passport to use on Wind. It works perfectly. You need to purchase an unlock code from ebay or blackberry code source
    01-08-15 04:06 PM
    I just unlocked a Telus passport to use on Wind. It works perfectly. You need to purchase an unlock code from ebay or blackberry code source
    Or get the unlock code directly from the telus store upon purchasing it outright?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    01-12-15 03:28 AM
    i think it cost $30 for telus to unlock it
    01-15-15 10:04 PM
    Or Amazon.ca, you can get it for $649 and at your front door in 2 days.
    01-19-15 02:56 PM
    I have passport on Wind for a few days. Not bad for the saving. Canada and US unlimited for $49 plus tax, use unlock Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:13 PM
    Hey all,

I'm an existing WIND customer w/ an aging (and dying) 9900. If I were interested in purchasing a Passport, would I be able to buy it from BB's website and then use the SIM card I currently have for WIND? It's either this or I'm thinking of the Classic (which WIND carries).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    02-12-15 02:55 PM
    Hey all,

I'm an existing WIND customer w/ an aging (and dying) 9900. If I were interested in purchasing a Passport, would I be able to buy it from BB's website and then use the SIM card I currently have for WIND? It's either this or I'm thinking of the Classic (which WIND carries).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    The sim cards are pretty much not the same, since the Passport is a much newer phone, so you'll have to get a new sim card for it but the good news is that it will work on the Wind network.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 09:27 PM
    Hey all. I've posted this topic on the other thread but here it is too.
    I've been with Wind since this January and was pretty happy until this issue came up on me.

I don't get good GPS signal when I need it. So I contacted BlackBerry help then they said that I don't have the right OS that's why I'm not getting GPS (Which is strange because I've never side loaded new OS. I've done only when my Passport notified me. ) properly and they suggested to contact the carrier so I did.
    Here is the answer from Wind.

"Thank you for choosing WIND.
    To view and download BlackBerry software, please follow the link below.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/app...oad-sites.html
    At this time, this is the only information we currently do have available to assist you with downloading a different OS to your device.

The information below is describing which frequencies the BlackBerry Passport has.

BlackBerry Passport mobile device support 2G Band Frequency at GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 and Hight Speed 3G Network Band at HSDPA 900, HSDPA 1900, HSDPA 2100, BlackBerry Passport also support LTE based 4G Networks Support at Frequency level LTE 800, LTE 2600, LTE 1900, comes with network handling support with Network settings and work offline with flight Mode.
    In order for a device to be compatible with WIND Mobile it needs to have both 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies and be unlocked. Unfortunately, it seems like your device is not compatible with WIND Mobile."

There was no OS for Passport as they said Passport is not supported.
    I was told by Wind sales rep that they support Passport that's why I joined and using as of now!!
    Now I've got email saying that they don't support Passport!?!. WTF!?!?

An I misunderstanding anything? I am so confused and don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:47 PM
    Hey all. I've posted this topic on the other thread but here it is too. I've been with Wind since this January and was pretty happy until this issue came up on me. I don't get good GPS signal when I need it. So I contacted BlackBerry help then they said that I don't have the right OS that's why I'm not getting GPS (Which is strange because I've never side loaded new OS. I've done only when my Passport notified me. ) properly and they suggested to contact the carrier so I did. Here is the answer from Wind. "Thank you for choosing WIND.To view and download BlackBerry software, please follow the link below.BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - US*At this time, this is the only information we currently do have available to assist you with downloading a different OS to your device.The information below is describing which frequencies the BlackBerry Passport has.BlackBerry Passport mobile device support 2G Band Frequency at GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 and Hight Speed 3G Network Band at HSDPA 900, HSDPA 1900, HSDPA 2100, BlackBerry Passport also support LTE based 4G Networks Support at Frequency level LTE 800, LTE 2600, LTE 1900, comes with network handling support with Network settings and work offline with flight Mode.*In order for a device to be compatible with WIND Mobile it needs to have both 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies and be unlocked. Unfortunately, it seems like your device is not compatible with WIND Mobile."There was no OS for Passport as they said Passport is not supported. I was told by Wind sales rep that they support Passport that's why I joined and using as of now!!Now I've got email saying that they don't support Passport!?!. WTF!?!? An I misunderstanding anything? I am so confused and don't know what to do. Posted via CB10Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking that since wind chose not to have the passport, they declare it as not supported. GPS can be "liffy" depending on the carrier, BB10 version and Satellites available. It varies. My Q10 can lose connections easily, same for my bold 9900 too.
    yoshivan likes this.
    02-18-15 12:17 AM
    Got one for free. Just go to a corporate store and ask. Tell them you are having connectivity issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:18 PM
    Hey all. I've posted this topic on the other thread but here it is too.
    I've been with Wind since this January and was pretty happy until this issue came up on me.

I don't get good GPS signal when I need it. So I contacted BlackBerry help then they said that I don't have the right OS that's why I'm not getting GPS (Which is strange because I've never side loaded new OS. I've done only when my Passport notified me. ) properly and they suggested to contact the carrier so I did.
    Here is the answer from Wind.

"Thank you for choosing WIND.
    To view and download BlackBerry software, please follow the link below.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/app...oad-sites.html
    At this time, this is the only information we currently do have available to assist you with downloading a different OS to your device.

The information below is describing which frequencies the BlackBerry Passport has.

BlackBerry Passport mobile device support 2G Band Frequency at GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 and Hight Speed 3G Network Band at HSDPA 900, HSDPA 1900, HSDPA 2100, BlackBerry Passport also support LTE based 4G Networks Support at Frequency level LTE 800, LTE 2600, LTE 1900, comes with network handling support with Network settings and work offline with flight Mode.
    In order for a device to be compatible with WIND Mobile it needs to have both 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies and be unlocked. Unfortunately, it seems like your device is not compatible with WIND Mobile."

There was no OS for Passport as they said Passport is not supported.
    I was told by Wind sales rep that they support Passport that's why I joined and using as of now!!
    Now I've got email saying that they don't support Passport!?!. WTF!?!?

An I misunderstanding anything? I am so confused and don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    It is supported, if they won't help, go to another carrier

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:24 PM
    It is supported, if they won't help, go to another carrier

Posted via CB10
    It's smart to bring it into a corporate store and ask to test a wind sim in it, better than switching just because.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    03-08-15 01:03 AM
    Every night for the past few days (around 11pm or midnight, lasting 2 - 4 hours on and off) I've been having issues with service just flat out dropping (the red x), randomly switches to roaming (despite not moving from when I'm seated), emergency calls only, or having voice but no data. My place is nowhere near the edge of my home zone and I've never had these issues before (I've had my Passport since early December).
    03-11-15 12:21 AM
    Every night for the past few days (around 11pm or midnight, lasting 2 - 4 hours on and off) I've been having issues with service just flat out dropping (the red x), randomly switches to roaming (despite not moving from when I'm seated), emergency calls only, or having voice but no data. My place is nowhere near the edge of my home zone and I've never had these issues before (I've had my Passport since early December).
    I would ask for another sim. Otherwise test your sim in an older phone and see if it happens with that. I always get a free sim from the warranty center
    Just tell them you are having connectivity issues and they will offer a free sim

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:58 PM
    The GPS issues with Wind are just because of the lack of towers and slow download speeds, basically the phone is trying to find location, but taking too long.

It's 50-50 for me.

When it comes to signal and stuff, for the current 10.3.1 builds I've found that the best radio is 2073, although the one for the newest leaked version, 2559 is very similar.

Don't worry about Wind says they support or don't support. They have below average near useless customer support and I'd rather not deal with them, I limit my interactions with them to "here's money, now give me X"

Just do your own research, find out the frequencies that the phone you want to use supports, and go ahead with it. To test walk in to a Wind store and ask to test a sim, be respectful but insistent if they say it won't work. (I'd love to see someone say my passport doesn't work on wind when I am using it now)

Also, with the exception of the Q10, all BB10 devices currently in the market work on all Canadian carriers. This can change in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:08 AM
    Considering getting a Passport from shoplackberry (since I don't know where else I can get a red one) for use on Wind. Already got the Nano SIM in my Classic. Good to hear that it's mostly alright?
    06-12-15 07:33 AM
    Considering getting a Passport from shoplackberry (since I don't know where else I can get a red one) for use on Wind. Already got the Nano SIM in my Classic. Good to hear that it's mostly alright?
    I recently got a Black Passport off of shopblackberry and everything is working great! If I could complain about ANYTHING I would have to say the battery seems to drain pretty quickly while I'm on WiFi.. when I'm just using the Wind network I can go an entire day and a half, sometimes two whole days without worrying about charging it at all!

PS. I ordered my Passport on a Sunday night and received it mid day on Tuesday so it will be yours in no time if you decide to get it through the BlackBerry site!

CBin From MY BLACK Blackberry Passport! B-) #TeamBlackberry #WorkWide
    06-12-15 05:10 PM
    I have a Passport working on wind. My house is bad for reception though.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:25 AM
    Sweet SE passport on wind for 3 weeks now. Absolute gem. Appears faster when downloading

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    09-03-15 07:52 PM
44 12