I've been thinking about how the lounge is visible to anyone, member or not, and imo I think it should be 'closed' off to all bar those entitled to access.

Essentially, I think that the lounge is a 'privilege', and a 'let your hair down', to some extent, (still within the rules of general cordiality).

On another point, re lounge visibility, in the getting to know you thread, do the current posters realise that their info is open to all, members and non members?

Anyway, please discuss, lol 😀
    03-28-17 05:10 PM
    I don't think I really disclosed anything that the rest of the world can't find out about me on Facebook, but I understand your point
    MB64 and anon(3732391) like this.
    03-28-17 05:47 PM
    hmm i thought this was off limits unless you had volunteer access.

Is that not the case @James Falconer
    03-28-17 05:49 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit blurry as to what being a trusted member means.
    03-28-17 06:05 PM
    I checked in a incognito tab without even logging in I could access this area.
    03-28-17 06:12 PM
    I'm with everyone else on this one. It's a little counterintuitive to allow everyone to access this part of the forum.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-28-17 06:21 PM
    Yeah if it could be an area locked off to others would be a good thing. Allow volunteers to discuss some things in private.
    03-28-17 06:42 PM
    Kinda like a teacher's lounge, but instead of complaining about the kids, you get to complain about CrackBerry users!

In all honesty though, 20% of the time teachers will actually talk about administrative stuff.
    03-28-17 07:52 PM
    I'm sure @James Falconer will weigh in on this, BUT I think the intent of the Volunteer lounge is for us to be able to talk to the Community. Certainly my intention with the introduction thread was to allow us to introduce ourselves too the community at large. I thought I made that clear on the first post.

This all being said I would not be opposed to having a separate private area for volunteers. Of course keep in mind that we DO have other backdoor channels that we use to communicate. CB Trusted Members (and any other TMs) have a BBM group. Also CB Mods have a BBM, and CB Ambassadors have a BBM group. Mobile Nations also have a Slack server for volunteers, it does NOT have the capacity for the number of TMs that we have, BUT several other teams DO use it. So we DO have ways to communicate that are private, and are places where you can "let your hair down" so to speak. As I have said before if any TM wants in to the TM BBM group just PM me!
    zephyr613 and Matty like this.
    03-29-17 12:57 AM
    Whilst there are lotsa off cb places to chat (bbm etc), their membership consists of discrete groups according to their category eg moderator etc

This lounge is the only place where all categories meet up.
    03-29-17 04:43 AM
    I'm sure @James Falconer will weigh in on this, BUT I think the intent of the Volunteer lounge is for us to be able to talk to the Community. Certainly my intention with the introduction thread was to allow us to introduce ourselves too the community at large. I thought I made that clear on the first post.

This all being said I would not be opposed to having a separate private area for volunteers. Of course keep in mind that we DO have other backdoor channels that we use to communicate. CB Trusted Members (and any other TMs) have a BBM group. Also CB Mods have a BBM, and CB Ambassadors have a BBM group. Mobile Nations also have a Slack server for volunteers, it does NOT have the capacity for the number of TMs that we have, BUT several other teams DO use it. So we DO have ways to communicate that are private, and are places where you can "let your hair down" so to speak. As I have said before if any TM wants in to the TM BBM group just PM me!
    ^This.

TBH, when I was invited I had no assumptions that it would be private, my thoughts were exactly as stated above with the opportunity to converse and have users ask us questions in our areas of expertise - I was and am a bit hesitant to add to the Introduction thread having seen what has been posted there, but maybe that specific thread should be walled off for just us...
    03-29-17 07:24 AM

I did too. Plus, some of the other designations should perhaps be considered as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 08:00 AM
    I'm open to any and all suggestions! The volunteer hub and this lounge is simply a place where we can all get together and discuss with one another. Our Trusted Members for the longest time had NO place to go (other than out in the main forums) where they could chat, meet, greet, and get to know other volunteers on our teams!

This is the first step - but we can go further!!
    03-29-17 12:42 PM
    And to clarify, only volunteers can start new threads in here. That's the only restriction at the moment. I want to make sure all of our members can see and engage with us should they choose - that's part of the reason for the hub too... to let users show us their interest in joining a volunteer team!
    03-29-17 12:43 PM
    03-29-17 12:48 PM
    And to clarify, only volunteers can start new threads in here. That's the only restriction at the moment. I want to make sure all of our members can see and engage with us should they choose - that's part of the reason for the hub too... to let users show us their interest in joining a volunteer team!
    Thanks @James Falconer for responding. So, are you saying you want to keep the Lounge open to anyone to see, irrespective of whether they're a member of crackberry or mobile nations or not?

Also, I'm a trusted member, not a volunteer, and I started a thread, so does 'volunteer' include the category 'trusted member'?

Thanks
    Last edited by Heavens1; 03-29-17 at 01:36 PM.
    03-29-17 01:02 PM
    Thanks James for responding. So, are you saying you want to keep the Lounge open to anyone to see, irrespective of whether they're a member of crackberry or mobile nations or not?

Also, I'm a trusted member, not a volunteer, and I started a thread, so does volunteer include trusted member?

Thanks
    Trusted Members ARE volunteers, it's the first step towards getting more involved, BUT it's an honored position non the less. Trusted Members, engage in special projects and have special opportunities. For example, Mobile Nations is beta testing a gaming subscription service, and 5 Trusted Members were given free accounts. Plus everyone get a free trial. We have done other beta tests also, plus we have done special TM only contests, or just posting projects. It's an interesting and fun position.

Now it CAN lead to other volunteer position, after you have been a Trusted Member for a while (or whenever) you can apply for other positions that interest you. If you are good at answering questions for example you might apply for Q&A Team (that's my team). Or if you like or have experience handling forum chores such as moving threads, or renaming them, then maybe the Mod Team would be for you. OR if you are really good with a particular device or program or something, you might want to be a Champion. I'm the Google Daydream View champion at VRHeads!
    anon(3641385) and jakie55 like this.
    03-29-17 01:40 PM
    I think the intent of the Volunteer lounge is for us to be able to talk to the Community.
    This is why i think it should remain open to everyone This wonderful community is all about inclusiveness and getting support, feedback and ideas from all members.

This lounge is the only place where all categories meet up.
    I think that was also the idea. Getting Mods, Ambass, ect from all section of the site who possibly don't 'see' each other often and get chatting here
    pkcable likes this.
    04-03-17 08:51 AM
    I checked in a incognito tab without even logging in I could access this area.
    A familiar task
    04-04-17 04:46 PM
    I'm with everyone else on this one. It's a little counterintuitive to allow everyone to access this part of the forum.

Posted via CB10
    Well, calling it "Volunteer" is enough to keep the regulars away.
    (even though we can't account for anyone actually volunteering)

I have a theory about becoming a "trusted Member." (I was tricked!)
    If I'm any example.. it's to keep us better in line before we get out of line. And the forced labor (volunteer) is for tax purposes.....
    But seriously..
    Since I've been a Trusted member, I feel more like I'm representing the company and as such have quieted down and mellowed the comedy. Being in this group has made me be more responsible.
    And damn, if I haven't gotten an infraction or even a warning , since.
    I feel sooo violated!!

In response, to this being a closed area.... I'm the perfect reason to keep it closed!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 05-16-17 at 04:02 PM.
    05-15-17 11:39 PM
    (even though we can't account for anyone actually volunteering)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0215.gif

If I'm any example.. it's to keep us better in line before we get out of line. And the forced labor (volunteer) is for tax purposes.....
    But seriously..
    Since I've been a Trusted member, I feel more like I'm representing the company and as such have quieted down and mellowed the comedy. Being in this group has made me be more responsible.
    I feel sooo violated!!

In response, to this being a closed area.... I'm the perfect reason to keep it closed! http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif
    I'm Carjack'd and I approve this message!
    05-16-17 10:21 PM
    (even though we can't account for anyone actually volunteering)http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0215.gif

But seriously..
    I feel sooo violated!!

In response, to this being a closed area.... I'm the perfect reason to keep it closed! http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0354.gif
    Maybe it's good that I can't be trusted then! I've responded to that email at least five times and I'm still not 'trusted.' On the bright side, I don't feel like I'm representing 'the company,' so maybe being permanently untrustworthy is a good thing. I must not be cut out to be one of Kevin's elves!
    05-17-17 12:29 AM
    I don't know how they decide but I "think" if James knew me, I would still be at your end of the bar.
    I can only suggest you keep a "positive" outlook on this and everything you do and keep sending in those applications.
    James or the leads for the area you want should at least PM you and tell you that they are aware of you, etc.
    But, ya gotta be patient. They're really overwhelmed with everything they're doing out here and behind the scenes.

Or you could always bribe them. I mean, you don't find it just a little suspicious that I'm in here???
    05-17-17 12:46 PM
    Or you could always bribe them. I mean, you don't find it just a little suspicious that I'm in here???
    Very suspicious!
    05-17-17 06:22 PM