Volunteers,

We all know that the TV Networks go crazy each fall to bring us new shows, BUT for me some of the best TV comes off season. This is when the weirder or more avant-garde programs are released. Shows such as The 100, Fallen Skies, The Last Ship, Dark Matters, Legion, Defiance, and now premiering in July Midnight Texas!

I'm a BIG fan of these shows. I think the networks debut them during these off times because they feel these shows don't quite have the mass appeal of some of the other shows they bring us. HOWEVER often with promotion, and with no other shows to compete with they CAN get a real cult following.

I'm really looking forward to Midnight Texas. With Grimm just ending it's run, this new show might just fill the bill. It's from the creators of True Blood! Has a real supernatural vibe to it. Preview was interesting BUT I want to see more!

So what do you all think about "off season" TV?
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-03-17 at 09:38 PM.
    04-03-17 09:37 AM
    I love "off-season" TV, especially those shows like Space 1999 and Battlestar Galactica....

Wait, that was back in the 70's sorry
    04-03-17 03:02 PM
    Is Fonzie in any of those?

Posted from my Passport To The Future
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-03-17 04:40 PM
    Is Fonzie in any of those?

No man, they were very advance science fiction/how we will be living in the 30+ years to come shows, Fonzie was in a TV show from just a couple of years ago That is until he went water skiing with his leather jacket and everything went off the rails.
    04-03-17 04:56 PM
    Ah ok.... I guess it was Joanie and Chachie then. It's just so hard to see, when there's a hazy smoke in the room.....

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

04-03-17 05:24 PM
    The only TV I watch either came out already or comes out all at once. Speaking of which, House of Cards Season 5 comes out May 30.
    04-03-17 05:27 PM
    I love "off-season" TV, especially those shows like Space 1999 and Battlestar Galactica....

Wait, that was back in the 70's sorry
    Well from THAT era and before (yea I'm old too) Do you remember Captain Scarlet, When Things were Rotten? or Quark? (And I DON'T mean the Star Trek DS9 character!)

But getting current again what about the "clone club"? Orphan Black?
    04-03-17 09:42 PM
    I look for to midnight texas as well. Should be good.

12 monkeys is good
    American Gods looks ok too
    Check out Channel zero if you have a chance too
    Check out MARS from Nat Geo if you get a chance.
    I think this is last season of Orphan Black which means we have lost quite a few good ones this year
    pkcable likes this.
    04-03-17 10:02 PM
    Well from THAT era and before (yea I'm old too) Do you remember Captain Scarlet, When Things were Rotten? or Quark? (And I DON'T mean the Star Trek DS9 character!)

But getting current again what about the "clone club"? Orphan Black?
    When things were rotten... that was a great show.. not off season but off colored. It didn't last long.
    Speaking of old.. In the 50's ..The Honeymooners.. in every show, Ralph would make a fist and say "to the moon Alice" telling every man in America that it was OK to hit your wife.
    Ossie and Harriet (Nelson) were both alcoholics in real life and Ricky and David were doing drugs.
    Hugh Beaumont (Mr. Cleaver) In Leave It To Beaver was Gay.
    The 60's brought us "Laugh In" Rowan & Martin both had a glass of alcohol in their hand . and smoke cigarettes
    on stage..Live.
    The Smother Brothers (on the same network) talked against the Vietnam War and were taken off the air.
    Married with Children was about to be taken off the air after the first year due to poor ratings when a 30 something housewife from the midwest got so heated over that show making advertisers pull out from that time slot.. which got people interested and the show stayed on the air for the next TEN years.

Opps, wasn't my intention to go off track...
    05-15-17 11:31 PM
    Getting back on track..
    I only have the premium channels (HBO,SHOWTIME and so on.) No sports, No news ( except Bill Maher) and nothing with advertising .
    So off season for me would be reruns of Dexter, Black Sail, Deadwood.
    American Gods is so strange right now, because they are setting up the characters and the whole story. It's gonna rage!!
    05-16-17 04:11 PM