So - you want to become a volunteer - but are wondering what you might get out of it?

First off, let me say if you're only interested in volunteering because you want to get rewarded with physical products or money - you're going to be disappointed. That's not how we work!

We DO however reward our volunteers with other types of things, including:

• site swag
    • exclusive opportunities
    • special 'volunteer only' projects and challenges
    • private team forums
    • private volunteer only Slack channel
    • weekly updates from the Community Manager (that's me!)

On top of all that you also become part of an exclusive club. It's all about doing good and helping our members with their problems and questions as fast as you can. It's a humbling experience, and I have a feeling once you start engaging with our members, you're going to meet a lot of great people, and maybe even make some lifelong friends in the process.

If you're still interested, make sure you read about all of our different volunteer teams in this forum. Chances are there's a volunteer team for you, provided you're up for the challenge!!
    03-17-17 10:49 AM
    Slack channel? Tell me more!

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    03-19-17 08:15 PM
    Slack channel? Tell me more!

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    Mmmmhhhh, some might ask, why not BBM...?

Ouch, yeah, I know... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-20-17 01:50 AM
    Mmmmhhhh, some might ask, why not BBM...?
    Some volunteer groups here at CB DO use BBM. The Mod & Ambassadors have BBM groups, plus there IS a Trusted Member BBM group. HOWEVER Slack is our official communication tool.
    03-20-17 10:07 PM
    I've got a couple of questions;
    - I tried to start a thread in the lounge forum, but only authorised persons can ( the thread was to ask who can view the volunteer hub, just members or the entire c b community);
    - are we new trusted members invited to join the bbm thread and slack (whatever that is, lol. I'll need to look it up) 😀

Edit
    I suppose if the trusted members were invited to cb (or mobile nation's) slack, or the trusted members bbm, then we would be given the links?

Thanks
    Margo (Sydney, Aus)
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    03-20-17 10:41 PM
    Some volunteer groups here at CB DO use BBM. The Mod & Ambassadors have BBM groups, plus there IS a Trusted Member BBM group. HOWEVER Slack is our official communication tool.
    Yeah, Slack is much nicer, at the very least because it's browser-based as well as having an app. Some BBM update long ago kicked me out of the ambassador group and I never noticed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    03-20-17 10:56 PM
    Now you tell me 4 years later. and I thought everything was though bbm You guys were probably like..."just let Jack'd go....hes doing just fine !" Want to fire me the slack link Rich for Trusted Members
    03-20-17 10:57 PM
    Now you tell me 4 years later. and I thought everything was though bbm You guys were probably like..."just let Jack'd go....hes doing just fine !" Want to fire me the slack link Rich for Trusted Members
    Actually the Trusted Member group is a bit too big for Slack, TM's are brought in as needed. A bunch just came in to help test the new iMore app for example.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-20-17 11:39 PM
    Very cool and exciting to see all the positive changes and ways to keep people engaged.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-21-17 12:20 AM
    Actually the Trusted Member group is a bit too big for Slack, TM's are brought in as needed. A bunch just came in to help test the new iMore app for example.
    Ya I've heard through the grapevine ( and that grapevine will talk) that the slack group is pretty jammed as it is.

Thx Rich! As usual!
    03-21-17 11:30 AM
    Ya I've heard through the grapevine ( and that grapevine will talk) that the slack group is pretty jammed as it is.

Thx Rich! As usual!
    What Rich was so politely trying to say was, you're not needed. With ~115k posts, no one else would get a chance say anything if you were on Slack.
    Carjackd and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-21-17 12:01 PM
    What Rich was so politely trying to say was, you're not needed. With ~115k posts, no one else would get a chance say anything if you were on Slack.
    That makes way more sense than PK's response
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-21-17 12:07 PM
    Thanks to James and all of the volunteers!

I love seeing the community grow stronger and stronger every year.

Now get me into that BBM group. lol
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-21-17 12:14 PM

Ya it appears there are a few new members to add to the Trusted Members bbm group
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-21-17 12:24 PM
    Shoot me a PM with your PIN if you are a new TM, and want to be added to the Trusted Member BBM group.
    Carjackd, mrfreeze and Matty like this.
    03-21-17 12:32 PM

Agreed, would love to be added to the BBM group as well.
    03-24-17 09:05 AM
    Shoot me a PM with your PIN if you are a new TM, and want to be added to the Trusted Member BBM group.
    Will do that when I get home this evening. Can't do it with CB10 app and can't use Internet at work.

Thanks James and everyone for allowing me to help!

Posted from my Passport To The Future
    03-28-17 01:07 PM
    Will do that when I get home this evening. Can't do it with CB10 app and can't use Internet at work.

Thanks James and everyone for allowing me to help!

We can use the Internet of course when you go to certain sites you get a special message from the city....

What do volunteers get?-blockedpage.jpg

I tried to redact some things like the website for example, because I in NO way want to promote them. Not even sure what it is just wanted a site I knew they would block, FORGOT the title bar lol Just disregard, I just google searched gaming because I know the city blocks that. (And I don't mind that coming up in my record )
    03-28-17 01:32 PM
    Yep. And the Crackberry Forums are considered a social website by my company, and as hard as you try, it won't load the page. LOL

03-28-17 04:39 PM
    Done! Thanks!

Steve, K4SQI
    03-29-17 02:21 PM
    Done! Thanks!

Steve, K4SQI
    And invited!
    03-29-17 02:59 PM
    Will site members have a way of knowing who the Volunteer Members are? And no, I don't ask for status purposes as that's not important. I ask because, there are questions asked that are opinions where there is no right or wrong, but there are also a lot of people who need help and they may feel more comfortable if their answer is coming from a Champion, or Trusted Volunteer, etc.
    04-12-17 11:42 PM
    Will site members have a way of knowing who the Volunteer Members are? And no, I don't ask for status purposes as that's not important. I ask because, there are questions asked that are opinions where there is no right or wrong, but there are also a lot of people who need help and they may feel more comfortable if their answer is coming from a Champion, or Trusted Volunteer, etc.
    Site members have titles along with their user names and avatars... mods , ambassadors , Editor in Chief ...they are apparently working on Trusted member titles
    04-13-17 12:07 AM
    Site members have titles along with their user names and avatars... mods , ambassadors , Editor in Chief ...they are apparently working on Trusted member titles
    Coming soon.™
    04-13-17 12:11 AM
    They only show in the PC version though, still not the mobile app version. Not blackdroid version, anyway.
    04-13-17 12:41 AM
42 12