Folks,

[NOTE]This thread is intended for Mobile Nation's Volunteer's to Introduce ourselves to the community. Regular members should use this sub forum to introduce themselves, which is dedicated to Introductions.[/NOTE]

I created this thread so the CrackBerry, and Mobile Nation's volunteers can introduce ourselves to you! Although I'm sure most of you already know me since I was the Mod Team Leader here for so long, BUT I will start us off anyways.

I'm Rich Cermele, or PKcable, or simply PK. I've been a CB member since 2008, and a volunteer since 2009 when I first became a CrackBerry Moderator. I was the first Mod Team Leader (although we had a different name for the Mod bosses before me @Adam Zeis and @Bla1ze). Currently I am a Trusted Member, the Q&A Team Leader (for all of our sites), and a Moderator & Amabassador here. I also hold other positions at Connectedly & VRHeads. Yea I do a LOT. Basically if @James Falconer asks for a volunteer for anything I'm one of the first in line! lol

In the real world I work for the City of Philadelphia. I have also worked at a bookstore, record store (remember Tower Records?), as a security guard, and for a newspaper (NOT that glamorous, I was NOT a reporter, I helped put the sections of the paper together before they got machines to do it! lol) I have also worked in the restaurant world and at ice cream places. Anyone remember Hilary's Ice Cream? I've been with the city for almost 30 years. Currently doing IT work for them in a small department.

Hobbywise I love all things computer and tech. I have both Macs and PCs and love them both, but I lean Mac these days (although I support PCs at the office) I LOVE trading phones, tablets and other tech. Always want to try something new, or "new to me" I love sports, but mostly watching since I'm a wee bit older now. I'm a "homer" That is I love the Flyers, Phillies, Eagles and Sixers! I also love movies and TV, especially when it makes me think. (translate "art house" films)

Anything else you want to know just drop me a PM, or twitter! @pkcable
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-20-17 at 09:19 AM.
    Uzi, CB-BB-BBM, mrfreeze and 6 others like this.
    03-17-17 11:44 AM
    I'm Austin, aka mrfreeze in the forums. I've been a CB member since 2008, but have been around longer than that. I remember when the site launched, I had just stated supporting a BES and about 150 BlackBerry handsets. Fun times!

I am currently a Trusted Member and can't wait to get more involved.

I am husband and have a 2 year old daughter, with a boy due any day.

I have worked in IT for about 14 years, specifically Network and Systems Administration roles. I owned a successful technology business for a few years that had two branches, one was Network Engineering and the other was home automation and A/V. I ended up leaving that business when my daughter was born to allow myself to spend more time at home. I recently decided to become a stay-at-home Dad to take care of our kids, but plan to get back to work in a few years. I always have an entrepreneurial itch.

My hobbies include anything tech... I collect BlackBerry devices and swag, trade phones around, install cool tech into my house, and collect/repair retro video games and Arcade machines. I also enjoy traveling and spending time outside. Love sports of course... Football, baseball, basketball specifically.

Hit me up if you want to know more!
    03-17-17 12:38 PM
    @mrfreeze - you've been around for a long time, and I've had nothing but positive experiences talking with you. Thank you for taking the time to join us here, means a lot to all of us to have you on board!!
    03-17-17 01:37 PM
    I'm boring, at least my username is. kbalaz is basically my name, Ken Balaz.

I started with BlackBerry with the Bold 9700 and now using a Passport. For those of my friends that still use BlackBerries, I seem to be their goto guy when it comes to fixing or trouble shooting their devices to get them going again.

I worked at Novatel Communications which later got bought out by JRC Ltd. (Japan Radio Company) for about 15 years a did everything under the sun there from production assembly, testing, minor repairs and operating robotic pick and place machines that populated the pcb's. I started this back in 1985 and made some of the first mobile devices, you remember the ones, the cradle that mounted to your dash and the radio portion was in the trunk of your vehicle, and later they developed a 'bag phone' version of this. I remember when tiny was the thing, we built the Sony Ericsson phones in mid 90's. I decided to pursue my interest in bodybuilding and became a full time personal trainer in 2000 and have been doing this ever since.

I now work part time as a trainer, and do the stay at home dad thing as well to two beautiful girls 8 and 6.
    03-17-17 02:58 PM
    Hey true believers, I'm Noah aka Elite1 here on CrackBerry, Mobile Nations, and elsewhere. Currently I serve CB as Ambassador Team Leader as well as a Moderator.

I hail from beautiful, albeit rainy, Vancouver, BC, Canada. Married to a lovely wife and Dad to 2 amazing little girls.

Been involved in retail Loss Prevention since I was 19 and a few years later started my own agency providing plainclothes & uniformed Security workers, mostly to the retail industry.

After a couple personal Nokia phones (and countless hours playing Snake), my company started using Motorola iDen PTT phones for years. After a short trial with a BlackBerry 7520, I made the big switch to a Curve 8330 in 2008. In 2009, I found this amazing CB community and have stayed ever since!
    pkcable, Uzi, BigBadWulf and 6 others like this.
    03-17-17 06:51 PM
    I'm Ed or Wulf, and found almost exclusively on CrackBerry. I've been a member since May '08, and moderator since November '10. I've split my time trying to help members with issues, and on what is now called rehab, having a lot of fun. Ok, maybe the time wasn't exactly split 50/50 . Most of you who have been around a while, will recognize me from my annoying bold, blue font, and Wulfanese™. Since I get asked about the font a lot, I might as well explain...

Back in '09, I created a little thread, called TBL. Many of the core participants have been friends ever since. Good luck finding it, but early on, we had a lot of fun learning VB code. The thread became quite colorful, and the blue I chose wasn't so easy to see for one member, so I made it bold. It's been that way now for 7 or so years. Some may think I'm yelling. I'm not. When you're raised by wolves, you don't quite follow the norm.

I came here an 8100 Pearl user, and have had almost every model BlackBerry since then. I used to find most official OS, tried every leak, and had a blast beng an alpha hybrid tester, through the BBOS days. I learned to unbrick like nobody's business. My BlackBerry was my only connection to the outside world. There was no reaching out for help. BB10 brought it's own level of excitement for me. The spinning clock had worn out its charm, and a new frontier offered a lot of adventure. Eventually though, trying to have everything I wanted proved impossible, and I have found GooBerry a wonderful blend of BB10 and ecosystem.

I've had several career paths in life. I was managing restaurants by 19. Most of my time has been spent in repair, because I enjoy using my hands and mind together. Lately you'll find me working on medium duty diesel and semi trucks. That branched out of a life long hobby of automotive enthusiasm, you can read a brief history about here.

On a most personal basis, I have an amazing daughter, married to a wonderful guy, and they have blessed me with a grandson who is 4. The love of my life is also a CrackBerry member, has been almost as long as I, and yes, we met here about 8 years ago.

CrackBerry is more than a community to me. It's family! While being a moderator here is many hours of volunteer work, I can never give back an iota of what I have received. Thank you, to all who have touched me here over the years. It's an honor having gained so many friends, many of whom I've met in person along the way. The rest are simply a matter of time.
    mrfreeze, moody, CB-BB-BBM and 5 others like this.
    03-17-17 10:36 PM
    Hey All! *Mark *or Carjack'd *or some just call me Jack'd. Whatever you call me I've been called worse (probably from my wife today). My screen name is a combination of my boys names (Carter and Jack).*My avatar is the logo of my favorite band Jamiroquai .

I have been in the forums as lurker since 2008 (cause I really didn't have any questions or much to say). I was rock'n a 9000 at the time. I lost the password and login information for that old account and started a new account just after the z10 was released ...114,000+ posts later brings us to today. I have been a BlackBerry user since 2000 across many devices. You can find me throughout the forums, although about 90 percent of my posts have been dedicated to the 5k Challenge thread (now the 1 Million post Challenge).

I've been a Trusted Member for 4 years now and looking forward to that program being ramped up. You can find me across most of Mobile Nations forums although 99 percent of my time is here on CrackBerry.*

In the world outside of CrackBerry (does that exist?) I'm a full-time Realtor of 15 years selling resale properties and new condominium units for a rather large developer. If you are looking for a home ...call me! I've lived in Burlington, *Ontario for about 20 years, grew up in Hamilton and went to post secondary in Waterloo and Hamilton.

Prior to Real Estate....I worked in the Telecommunications and Satellite (DTH) *industry in Sales and Marketing. Right after graduating University with a marketing degree I landed my most interesting job. I worked as the marketing manager of a well known telephone dating service (man I could tell you some stories) . I was also part of their web launch in the mid to late 90's. *I'd say the name of that internet dating service but most of you have been on it I put myself through post secondary by DJ'n at some fairly well known dance clubs in the Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. In High School I started DJ'n and I also drove a Zamboni as a part-time job. *

My hobbies include anything tech. I spent a lot of time in the early 2000's on Satellite Forums. I'd like to talk more about that but Canada doesn't have a statute of limitations law Recently I've started collecting rare and older BlackBerry devices (preferably new and *unused). I am currently waiting on a RIM 957 to arrive (new in the box) that I found in the US. I still mess around with turntables , Vinyl, and my iPad to mix music. I also mess around with android boxes for streaming movies and TV (old habits are hard to break). The only thing I love more than my BlackBerry is my family, so most of my spare time (when not posting on CrackBerry) is spent with my beautiful wife and my two amazing boys.*

I have to agree with the Big Bad Wolf (don't tell him I said that), I have met some pretty awesome people here in this community and it keeps getting better and better. Congrats CrackBerry on 10 Incredible years!

Did I mention I sell houses ? Call me! *
    Uzi, BigBadWulf, mrfreeze and 5 others like this.
    03-18-17 12:02 AM
    Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far.

My name is Matt, as I'm sure you can tell from my username Unlike Carjackd, I've only been a member for about 4 weeks not 4 years haha. I'm from a distant land where the weather is warm, the views are spectacular and the internet is slow. South Africa.

I've been a Trusted Member for 4 years now and looking forward to that program being ramped up
    I'm currently a software development student (Computer Science?) in 3rd year with a love for all things in the tech world. Android, IOS, or Windows 10m. I love spending time on all the various Mobile Nations sites because it gives me that 'fuzzy' feeling inside to chat with all the other members and to be able to help people with any problems they may have.

So yeah, i think thats all for now. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask and ill respond as soon as possible. Especially for you guys here. Such helpful and wonderful people here. Especially when @pkcable sends you some Crackberry 10 Year anniversary stickers.

Regards

Matty
    03-18-17 02:42 PM
    Hey guys, my name is Adam (AKA, DecAway). I have been an actual member of CrackBerry since 2013, but I lurked around for quite a while before I joined. I have been a BlackBerry user since 2005, and my first ever BlackBerry was the 7100. I have been a loyalist for a very long time, but I am also a giant electronics and mobile technology junkie so I always have two active phones, and usually other ones laying around.

A little about me... I have been in the Air Force for almost 16 years. I am married, with 6 kids (yup. gasp. egad...), and I just finished law school and am awaiting my bar results. So... I'm a few years away from my retirement and hopefully being a super awesome attorney, and I'm also a mediator.

So... in a nutshell, I love BlackBerry, all electronics, all phones, and I probably spend entirely too much time keeping up with technology. I am an avid PC gamer and other various console games (just got the switch). My personal life has been in a holding pattern for the past 4 years because of school, but I finally get to see the sunshine and breathe fresh air again. I am happy to be part of the trusted member club and am glad what we have the hub and other various outlets to be more involved with the community.

Other tidbits - I love playing War Robots on my phone, playing Overwatch, collecting firearms, spending time with my family, helping people, chatting about pretty much anything, and browsing the internet for useless information. If you have any questions or ever need anything, feel free to ask! I'm always floating around CrackBerry, Android Central, or generally just playing on my phone.
    03-18-17 06:01 PM
    @DecAway Thank you for your service
    zephyr613 and jafobabe like this.
    03-18-17 07:40 PM
    You're welcome. I serve, so that BlackBerries may live, and be free.
    Uzi, BigBadWulf, pkcable and 4 others like this.
    03-18-17 07:46 PM
    3 days since someone's posted?? Well I'll talk a bit about myself then! :P

My name is Thomas and I have been a BlackBerry enthusiast since about 2008 I would say! My first BB was a Curve 9360, and while I always wanted a BlackBerry before that Curve came out, I never got an opportunity to purchase one. Since then I have researched as much about BlackBerry as possible! Stumbling on this site has been nothing but a great experience!

I became a trusted member last year and while I have quite a busy schedule in my personal life I always try to offer help when I am able.

Besides having a hobby of researching BlackBerry I love cars, exercise, and watching really awful movies :P

Feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna chat, I'm always here to lend a hand or to listen!

Thomas (Skatophilia)
    03-21-17 09:05 PM
    Well someone told me he wouldn't post in a thread with a Julie Andrews video, BUT I'm not one to tell rumours!!!!!

jafobabe likes this.
    03-21-17 11:58 PM
    Good morning everyone. My name is David, or dmd74 here. I registered under a different username in 2009 and made a total of two posts and then became a lurker for a while after that. I am in the military and when I came home from my last deployment I had some down time and re-found the CrackBerry website. After enjoying it again I decided to reinvest myself into CrackBerry, in earnest this time. I became hooked on BlackBerrys in 2005 when I purchased my first one, a 7250. I have had virtually every BlackBerry there has been since with the exception of the Storms and Style.

I live in Florida which I absolutely love. I am the father of five beautiful children. I am a huge sports fan and loved playing baseball and softball. Recently I have given up playing sports though in order to watch my children play theirs. I have a baseball player, one that plays hockey and another that plays football in High School. Our football player is being looked at by colleges so that has been very exciting for us. When we don't watch the kids playing their respective sports we watch the local ECHL hockey team here as we have season tickets. I am a fan of tech in general but especially cell phones, and even more specifically BlackBerrys. I collect them and currently own close to a couple dozen of them. I am no longer Active Duty military as I have transitioned into the reserves. I have returned to my pre-military roots and I am a Project Manager for an electrical contractor, I have been a licensed electrician since 1998.

I am very happy to be involved here. I look forward to a renewed interest in BlackBerry and thus CrackBerry too. If there is anything that I can do I am more than willing to assist.
    03-24-17 08:43 AM
    Good morning everyone. My name is David, or dmd74 here. I registered under a different username in 2009 and made a total of two posts and then became a lurker for a while after that. I am in the military and when I came home from my last deployment I had some down time and re-found the CrackBerry website. After enjoying it again I decided to reinvest myself into CrackBerry, in earnest this time. I became hooked on BlackBerrys in 2005 when I purchased my first one, a 7250. I have had virtually every BlackBerry there has been since with the exception of the Storms and Style.

I live in Florida which I absolutely love. I am the father of five beautiful children. I am a huge sports fan and loved playing baseball and softball. Recently I have given up playing sports though in order to watch my children play theirs. I have a baseball player, one that plays hockey and another that plays football in High School. Our football player is being looked at by colleges so that has been very exciting for us. When we don't watch the kids playing their respective sports we watch the local ECHL hockey team here as we have season tickets. I am a fan of tech in general but especially cell phones, and even more specifically BlackBerrys. I collect them and currently own close to a couple dozen of them. I am no longer Active Duty military as I have transitioned into the reserves. I have returned to my pre-military roots and I am a Project Manager for an electrical contractor, I have been a licensed electrician since 1998.

I am very happy to be involved here. I look forward to a renewed interest in BlackBerry and thus CrackBerry too. If there is anything that I can do I am more than willing to assist.
    Thank you for your service.
    03-24-17 08:03 PM
    Hey Everyone, (I probably think this is my tag line since I've used it so often on the forums).

Some of you also probably have noticed my signature back when we had them "BlackBerry 10 - The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry smartphone"

My name is Faisal, known as goku_vegeta on the forums. Fun fact the username is unique enough that if you see it elsewhere (such as reddit for example), that's probably me too! I've been a member on CrackBerry since 2010 with my first BlackBerry, the Curve 9300. I've definitely not been around on the forums as long as some of the other members here, but I've learned a lot from people on the forums and general curiosity.

Some of you are aware that I am indeed also Canadian, also hailing from the birth province of Research in Motion (IT'S STILL RIM TO US!), Ontario. I had completed my first university degree in 2016 studying health. In that same year I entered the Master's program in Health Policy and Equity where I am projected to finish the degree over this summer. The best part of my schooling was having the opportunity to study abroad in Hong Kong for a year. It was an unforgettable experience and I'm actually going to be back in Asia for a few weeks IN a few weeks (confusing sentence I know!). While in Hong Kong, I've been at the epicenter of the umbrella revolution, the movement that attempted to bring Hong Kong several steps closer to a true democracy.

I've worked for both Red and Blue in Canada, representing these carriers on the front line, interacting with customers and helping them make decisions that would benefit them. Prior to that, I actually did mobile reviews on YouTube and some of those videos turned out pretty well! 4 out of the 5 top videos on that channel are BlackBerry related! For one reason or another, the review style seemed to attract BlackBerry users. Now I'm getting back into making YouTube videos with a channel focused on Japanese language learning along with building out the corresponding website and maintaining the image across social networks and BBM Channels.

The CrackBerry community IS (the present tense usage, it hasn't lost it's charm) the best mobile community bar none. This community has stuck together, for the most part, through the ups and downs of the organization that drives the passion for this community's existence. There are so many members who have demonstrated exemplary support to new members and veteran members alike. The list of names I can recall simply from memory alone would make this post far too long.

As you might have noticed, my hobbies are very diverse. I enjoy learning about the most intricate components of technology and the systems embedded within these end points. Reading about anything and everything mobile technology related. I also enjoy target archery and learning new languages. There are two I'm currently learning right now! I'm also an avid PC gamer but have a soft spot for Sony home consoles. Learning about anything and everything I could throughout my high school and university days mean I have an interest in pretty much everything! Starting a conversation with me means that topic could drag on for a VERY long time (so get your popcorn and sit back lol).

Tentanda via
    03-26-17 01:14 AM
    Hi, My name is John, and I am an amateur geek. My name (Jakie55 came out of a nickname, and my birth year.... there, I am officially OLD. My tech involvement started with a bag phone (Motorola), "small" white brick phone, and other various flip phones. My first smart phone was a PC6700 running windows CE. Hmmm a slider.... guess I always have liked them... 9810, and now the Priv. I have switch back and forth between android and BlackBerry since 2009, with little side jaunts with my Palm 3, and tungsten. I have sold computers, and built them, (starting with a 486 DX with 1 meg or ram and 40 meg HDD... and we complain about 3 gig or ram on our phones!) I still have my very first BlackBerry.... the Curve 8530 (cdma version) The only BB10 phones I have not owned are the Leap, Classic, Porsche models, and Passport SE. I have branched out into home automation, dabbling with Nest, winkhub, and the like. I am also playing with my two Pebbles and two android wear devices.I have a teaching degree, which I used for about 3.5 years, had been in sales for about 15 years, and since 1997, have been a community peace officer, then a Corrections officer in my home Province of Alberta. (Born and Raised) I too am a rabid sports hommer, cheering for the Edmonton Oilers, and Eskimos. My dear, long suffering wife and I have eight grandchildren who we love dearly. She doesn't get the geek thing, but she puts up with me.... I am a lucky guy.
    Last edited by jakie55; 03-28-17 at 05:37 AM.
    Uzi, mrfreeze, BigBadWulf and 2 others like this.
    03-28-17 02:58 AM
    Hey CrackBerry community. First off, a big thank you to James Falconer for inviting me to be an official Trusted Member. It is not a title that I will take lightly. Another thank you for all other volunteers, regular members, and visitors of the site and app. Collectively, we have a special partnership here. There are so many wonderful contributors here that really go out of their way to help fellow BlackBerry users get the most of their experience and troubleshoot issues.

A little about me: my name is not actually Jason Bourne lol. I have been a member of CrackBerry since 2013 and enjoy going to forums each day, particularly Ask A Question, Q10 and Classic forums (as I still own those), KEYone and a few others. We are, largely, in this together as BlackBerry loyalists and I take great satisfaction in helping solve issues or answer questions to ensure other BlackBerry users can get the most out of their phones and fix issues.

I am 33 years old and live in MA in the USA. I have been an elected member of my towns school committee for 12 years as of next month. I have been in gas station c-stores since 2001, working my way up to a training manager and district manager. In both elective office and my day job, I have updated and/or developed new policies and procedures to address current and future needs. My BlackBerry through the years has made it easier for me to do so and has made me able to be more productive on the go.

I have owned a BlackBerry since the Curve in 2007. I then upgraded to the trackpad version of the Curve and also tried as a second phone the BlackBerry Style. I upgraded from the Curve when the Q10 came out and loved that so much I bought a white one to go with the black one. I then upgraded to a Classic, and at one point bought 2 new spares out of despair that it might be the last BlackBerry with the iconic keyboard. The KEYone and TCL have given me great reason for optimism for the future of BlackBerry. I sold my two spares and will be getting myself a KEYone, which I envision will be my daily driver for at least a few years. Through all of the good and bad days of BlackBerry, I have firmly stood up for and showed off my BlackBerry capabilities and have left many Android/iPhone users impressed if not jealous of certain features.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-28-17 12:42 PM
    I was invited into this community at the same time as most of you.

I'm a fairly boring person. I currently work as a system admin at a smaller Canadian university. I collect cars, computers, and Blackberries. I'm two years away from being a grade school teacher and plan to still use BlackBerry and CP/M in the classroom haha

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    03-28-17 06:48 PM
    Hiya Everybody!
    Somehow I slipped through the filter and James invited me here. LOL
    But really, I feel honored for the invite. I think this is a good change for the better and we all will be better at helping anyone in need of information about their phones and devices. I'm not too much of a techy kind of person, but can lead them to the info they need, or forward to one of you guys to handle it.

I have been a member on Crackberry since 2010, after reading up on the BB's here before I joined. Once joining the site, I was in the 9800 threads and then in the Playbook threads mostly.
    In 2012 I was nominated and won the Member of the Month for June. My bio is in the write up.

CrackBerry's Member of the Month for June is... Jafobabe! | CrackBerry.com

When the Playbook days deminished, I moved to Rehab and the 50K Challenge thread, which is now the 1M Challenge. My how time flies... But it's time for me to get back into the swing of things and help other users again, as much as possible.

Let's Do This!
    03-28-17 08:27 PM
    Hello everybody!
    I am Praganad, or you can call my Perry, either is good. I'm a new guy around CB but have been lucky enough to get an invite to be a trusted member here, totally stoked for it and getting more involved with the community! I'm military veteran working in health-care as an EMT at an ER in cali, all at the same time currently in training/school to upgrade to a paramedic and get back out into the field on a rig(lights&sirens yay). As far as being a blackberry user I only have used 3, a curve 8330,8320, and currently a Q10 thanks to Mr. Pkcable! I honestly wish I could have used more blackberry phones but am glad for the experiences I've had with the ones I own. I'm not a newb to tech but I'm not as savvy as most around here, if I don't know an answer ill find someone who does haha. I'm a father of 4 sons thanks to my wonderful wife and am God centered. I'm grateful to be here and be part of the community and look forward to helping in anyway I can!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 04:17 PM
    @Praganad Thank you for your Service!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-29-17 07:53 PM
    @Praganad Thank you for your Service!
    No worries

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 08:08 PM
    A little about me... I have been in the Air Force for almost 16 years. I am married, with 6 kids (yup. gasp. egad...)
    @DecAway thank you for your service! I thought I had a lot of kids haha you beat me by 2

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-30-17 10:29 AM
    Hey Everyone, (I probably think this is my tag line since I've used it so often on the forums).

Some of you also probably have noticed my signature back when we had them "BlackBerry 10 - The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry smartphone"

My name is Faisal, known as goku_vegeta on the forums.

Tentanda via
    I assume your a DragonBall fan?
    04-09-17 09:58 AM
46 12