07-10-17 11:32 AM
29 12
tools
    After looking in all the carriers here in the UK for a Z30, without any luck - (no BlackBerry phones in sight) I phoned vodafone, as my z10 contract has just run out and asked if I could upgrade to Z30, the rep said they are no longer selling Blackberry as they get so many complaints and of course kept pushing me to buy an iPhone. I insisted I wanted a z30 to which he informed me that it is such a bad phone that they are not selling it any more and I would be much better off with an iPhone. Needless to say I cancelled my contract and will have to buy a phone outright. My point is, these people are slandering blackberry to clueless consumers and pushing the iPhone as the greatest invention known to man - this is wrong on so many levels!!!

Posted via CB10
    IggieX likes this.
    01-05-15 02:32 PM
    Your experience is not unique. Many others have reported that salespeople have ragged on BlackBerry and tried to steer them to iOS or Android. If you can't get a handset through your carrier, best to take matters into your own hands. ShopBlackBerry welcomes your business.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-05-15 02:51 PM
    This is what I will be doing - I have no choice as none of the carriers are selling Blackberry. It does worry me though how Blackberry are going to survive with no support at all from the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:32 PM
    This is what I will be doing - I have no choice as none of the carriers are selling Blackberry. It does worry me though how Blackberry are going to survive with no support at all from the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    I hope Chen is going to address that this year.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here, in Czech Republic, all major carriers (O2, Tmobile, Vodafone) sell BlackBerry phones without any issues. All phones are being shown in stores.

This is huge shift since last year.

Posted via CB10
    pauljenkins62 likes this.
    01-05-15 03:47 PM
    Here, in Czech Republic, all major carriers (O2, Tmobile, Vodafone) sell BlackBerry phones without any issues. All phones are being shown in stores.

This is huge shift since last year.

Posted via CB10
    So Chen is working on the issue but it's obviously not easy to fix.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:49 PM
    I got my Passport from Vodafone UK the week before Christmas. I just phoned them and asked to upgrade...

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    01-05-15 04:08 PM
    I also phoned to upgrade but was told that they have so many complaints about Blackberry as the phones are no good so they are not selling them anymore!!! Told him to look at the reviews on the amazon website which are excellent but he just kept trying to convince me to buy an iPhone which he said was much better than BlackBerry. Apple have such a huge stronghold on the carriers now - everyone I know has an iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 04:26 PM
    I purchased a Z30 direct from Blackberry Shop the delivery was slow and the phone on arrival would not allow me to make phone calls. The customer service from BlackBerry shop was not good it took an age to find the right contact number then because the phone was new they could not organise a replacement until the paperwork had worked it's way through the system then I had to leave a security deposit if over 400 pounds before they would ship me the replacement for a phone they were selling for 275 the new phone works ok I just hope it keeps doing do...

Posted from my Z30.. keep on smiling...
    01-06-15 05:32 PM
    Really? Never seen a Z30 being offered from any czech carrier let alone showing it in a store. Vodafone offers just 9720,O2 offers 9720,Q5 and Q10 and T mobile offers 9320 and 9720. So Chen addressed nothing and if you want to buy a Z30 you have to buy it on your own

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:11 AM
    Really? Never seen a Z30 being offered from any czech carrier let alone showing it in a store. Vodafone offers just 9720,O2 offers 9720,Q5 and Q10 and T mobile offers 9320 and 9720. So Chen addressed nothing and if you want to buy a Z30 you have to buy it on your own

Posted via CB10
    O2 has Z30 placed exactly next to entry on Nrodn and Dejvick Not sure if they sell them online, I visit only these two stores.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:01 AM
    I have been a BB user for 10 years. Currently using Z30 which I had great difficulty in April 2014 in obtaining. Saw a display in Car Phone Warehouse but they said they would not sell me one because they no longer deal with Blackberry. Went online to Car Phone Warehouse and purchased one. Looking to upgrade to the Passport in the Summer but no high street mobile retailer is dealing with Blackberry. It's a pain trying to buy a Blackberry smartphone.
    01-14-15 11:31 AM
    Hello,
    Here in Argentina all carriers have stopped selling BlackBerrys. Literally no carrier nor stores sell them anymore. Some friends wanted to buy BlackBerrys but ended up buying androids.

Z10/STL100-3 RFK121LW/10.2.1.3062
    01-14-15 12:32 PM
    u r great, move to O2 or ask from carphoneware house, im also gonna buy passport
    i heard vodafone contracts are mo re xpensiv
    01-15-15 04:22 PM
    I have just had a Blackberry Passport from Carphone Warehouse U.K. Just upgraded my Vodafone contract through them. Be insistent when they say they don't have them. Passport may not be in store but they can get it delivered the next day to you. Worth the trouble 'cos this beauty is a Beast!

Amazing Blackberry Passport! SQW100-1. 10-3-0-908
    01-25-15 07:08 AM
    After looking in all the carriers here in the UK for a Z30, without any luck - (no BlackBerry phones in sight) I phoned vodafone, as my z10 contract has just run out and asked if I could upgrade to Z30, the rep said they are no longer selling Blackberry as they get so many complaints and of course kept pushing me to buy an iPhone. ..
    Posted via CB10
    That is strange, especially because just a few weeks we had this news:

In a bid to bolster BlackBerry, Ottawa backs Vodafone purchases - The Globe and Mail

Did you also try to get a BlackBerry in a Vodafone shop?
    01-25-15 09:37 AM
    I have just had a Blackberry Passport from Carphone Warehouse U.K. Just upgraded my Vodafone contract through them. Be insistent when they say they don't have them. Passport may not be in store but they can get it delivered the next day to you. Worth the trouble 'cos this beauty is a Beast!

They had them in store in the one I got mine from, the guy actually knew about them and liked them. I was quite surprised

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:39 AM
    Yes I did. They would have been able to get one posted to me but the deal was better through Carphone Warehouse. Plus the passport is open and not locked to Vodaphone. I had a contract with Carphone for 26.50 per month and Vodaphone wanted 30.50 per month. Same allowances so I have no idea why?

01-25-15 04:14 PM
    From the point of view of the sales person though, they get commission on these sales so of course they don't want you to get a Blackberry. If i'm being told to push iOS and Android to earn my commission, that's what I'm going to do. Can't wait to argue with EE when my contract goes.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154
    01-25-15 04:20 PM
    That is strange, especially because just a few weeks we had this news:

In a bid to bolster BlackBerry, Ottawa backs Vodafone purchases - The Globe and Mail

Did you also try to get a BlackBerry in a Vodafone shop?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:28 PM
    I am not sure, if it is the same situation in your country as it is in Germany with Vodafone.

The sales people have so called "priority products", which are ordered either by Vodafone directly or by the franchises partners general manager/CEO to specifically sell certain brands.

Last year "priority product(s)" were Sony phones. The carrier sets a goal with certain phone models or even the whole portfolio of a Brand, such as it was Sony last year (I believe, it is still Sony as of 2015).

If the sales person in the store does not sell enough Sony phone is comparison to another brand (Samsung, Apple or Blackberry) there is quite a lot to answer for, a lot of pressure... especially if that goal is to be achieved by the store/region.

That and the fact, that (even me) had terrible experiences with the Z10 at the beginning, made the sales people lose confidence in selling Blackberry devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:23 PM
    If you want a BlackBerry on any UK network then head to Carphone Warehouse.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:08 PM
    I have had the same experience, and even wrote to the CEO of Vodafone in January after being told BlackBerry had gone bust. I was contacted by customer service that they would be contacting all their store managers to address this negative salesmanship. Then just this last Saturday I was told the same thing in a Birmingham store. Vodafone in my humble opinion should return the $850 million they fraudulently took from the Canadian Government

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:38 PM
    Sorry forgot to mention I recently upgraded to Z30 purchased from Simply Electronics. Com for 199 it comes from HK and works fine on UK networks. Carphone warehouse have recently stopped selling Z30 so only place to buy one is online

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:53 PM
    Not sure about Z30.. I have just been given a free Passport by Vodafone UK on renewal.
    Granted, I drove a hard bargain with cancellations dept, but Passport is definitely being offered by them, (edit-) as well as Leap and Classic.
    05-23-15 05:20 AM
29 12