Hey guys,
    I have just moved from south africa to italy (from vodacom sa to vodafone italia). I'm having major difficulty understanding how the blackberry service is used here. I got a new sim card activated my blackberry service at 2 Euros per week(for 4 weeeks) and thought all was done.... it worked for just the afternoon and then my airtime(recharge) ran out ?????
    Very confused about this and is working out to be very expensive too.
    what is the best way to go about this?
    do i also have to buy in addition a data bundle plan?
    Does the data plan run out in a period of time or does it run out for the amount of usage(ei whatsapp,facebook,email,bbm,nav ect...)

please help
    Thanks
    09-14-11 03:28 AM
    Hi and welcome to italy.
    Since last year this option allow u to use ALL blackberry service. VodaIT 3 mounts ago change option. Now to use BB u need active BlackBerry Option (2€/week) and Mobile internet (3€/week) total amount: 22€/mount
    VodafoneIT r losing their users bcs the price IS TOOOOO Expensive
    With other carrir u'll pay:
    H3G 5€ / mount ****ONLY 3g connection*****
    Tim 2,5€/ week = 10€ mount
    Wind 9€/mount **First 6mounts 4,5€****

If u need help contact me, I'll help u
    mrstormsa likes this.
    09-16-11 10:15 AM
    If you have unlocked your Blackberry you can use cheaper carriers... just get a new SIM card and update the service books.
    09-17-11 12:05 AM
    Hey guys,
    I have just moved from south africa to italy (from vodacom sa to vodafone italia). I'm having major difficulty understanding how the blackberry service is used here. I got a new sim card activated my blackberry service at 2 Euros per week(for 4 weeeks) and thought all was done.... it worked for just the afternoon and then my airtime(recharge) ran out ?????
    Very confused about this and is working out to be very expensive too.
    what is the best way to go about this?
    do i also have to buy in addition a data bundle plan?
    Does the data plan run out in a period of time or does it run out for the amount of usage(ei whatsapp,facebook,email,bbm,nav ect...)

please help
    Thanks
    Did you activate the features through the phone system or through the web?
    09-17-11 08:47 AM
    ?!?!?!?
    Guys... This is a Italy tariff with vodafone and it's correct.
    He can only active this promo on ur sim card
    http://www.areaprivati.vodafone.it/1...obile_internet
    09-19-11 05:38 AM
    There is another option that costs 10 € with 2 GB per month. Anyway, the total cost for BB would be around 20 € a month with Vodafone. But you can also use it in all Europe (2.50 € a day + 2 € per week)
    10-22-11 04:31 AM
    Hi and welcome to italy.
    Since last year this option allow u to use ALL blackberry service. VodaIT 3 mounts ago change option. Now to use BB u need active BlackBerry Option (2/week) and Mobile internet (3/week) total amount: 22/mount
    VodafoneIT r losing their users bcs the price IS TOOOOO Expensive
    With other carrir u'll pay:
    H3G 5 / mount ****ONLY 3g connection*****
    Tim 2,5/ week = 10 mount
    Wind 9/mount **First 6mounts 4,5****

If u need help contact me, I'll help u
    HELLO,
    i'm going to italy tomorrow for a week, I would appreciate if you can help me by telling me which is the best SIM card i should get to activate blackeberry service and how do i activate it?
    07-07-12 04:12 AM
    There will be no connection between VodaFone South Africa and VodaFone Italy. They are seperate companies.

Anything you do in Italy will need to be done via an Italian carrier. If you want BlackBerry Internet then you will need to sign up for whatever offerings are availble there.

You SA plan is worse than useless to you in Italy because I suspect that you are still paying for it.
    07-07-12 06:10 AM
    I also use Vodafone as carrier and I have activated:
    - Blackberry Option (Free, now I think it costs a couple of Euros),
    - Smart Limits + (10 Euros),
    and I have 500mb/month, unlimited SMS to other Vodafone users, unlimited phone calls to a Vodafone number. The other phone calls costs 20cent/min.

I know in Italy Vodafone is a little bit more expensive then the other carriers, but I think the majority part of people use it as carrier, so...

It also depends if you want a pay as you go offers or a pay monthly offers.
    07-20-12 04:49 AM
    HELLO,
    i'm going to italy tomorrow for a week, I would appreciate if you can help me by telling me which is the best SIM card i should get to activate blackeberry service and how do i activate it?
    I am currently in Italy using an unlocked Tour 9630 and would strongly advise you to shop around for SIM cards. My husband bought the same 35 Eur plan for his Iphone, heavy user of data, text and calling and has yet to run out of money on his plan. I am basically using Sim card for just calling and text, minimal or no data, ran out 35 Eur plan after a week - Vodafone not at all helpful!
    03-31-14 05:32 AM
    Hi there, I have also moved over from SA to Italy and also from a Vodacom service provider. Can you tell me if you had any problems with Blackberry ID once inserting a new sim card into your existing phone? I am having a nightmare as it BBid does not except password on new sim or old!
    04-14-14 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD