Just had a call with a Vodafone rep, and he told me that he is waiting for the first delivery of BB Classic from BlackBerry since presentation in Frankfurt. He also stated that BB may didn't expect the high demand on this phone, but my guess is tha Vodafone Germany may just missed to order a suitable amount of devices right away.

Well Vodafone Germany is not known fo supporting and pushing BB the way they do with the iStuff hype.
    Anyway the guy presumed that the 1st batch of the classic phones will arrive within this week and sending the few BB Classic they have orders for right away so there is hope that they will deliver right after xmas. The Vodafone guy says that he expects the 1st batch in the week 52 which starting today.

Let's hope all goes well.

Posted via Z10
    12-22-14 02:56 AM
    Just had a call with a Vodafone rep, and he told me that he is waiting for the first delivery of BB Classic from BlackBerry since presentation in Frankfurt. He also stated that BB may didn't expect the high demand on this phone, but my guess is tha Vodafone Germany may just missed to order a suitable amount of devices right away.

Well Vodafone Germany is not known fo supporting and pushing BB the way they do with the iStuff hype.
    Anyway the guy presumed that the 1st batch of the classic phones will arrive within this week and sending the few BB Classic they have orders for right away so there is hope that they will deliver right after xmas. The Vodafone guy says that he expects the 1st batch in the week 52 which starting today.

Let's hope all goes well.

Posted via Z10
    They probably pushed for a order right at the last second when they did a survey on how well the device was perceived.
    12-22-14 07:42 AM
    Mind you: Vodafone does not support Apple as much as you would like to think.

This has different reasons:

a) Vodafone itself has "priority products", which have to be sold. The last three years it changed from Samsung products and from 2014 on to Sony. If certain goals are not achieved, there is a lot the single sales person, store manager, regional manager to answer for. Goal not achieved, no bonus.

b) iPhone is always welcome as luring the people in the shops. In the days of people shopping more and more online, you literally have to fight to get the customer in the shop. Then it is fine to sell it to a new customer. You usually lose a bit of your bonus, because Apple wants its share from the so called "Airtime". This is not so bad, because a new customer brings higher bonus, but when a customer wants to upgrade, the bonus is not very much and from that low extra, one loses the aforementioned share from the customer's "Airtime".

c) Vodafone supported Blackberry a lot back in the legacy devices days. But with iOS and Android claiming the smartphone market, Z10 coming out and really presenting software issues with a lot of disappointed customers, not everyone wants to risk the same ammount of anger/disappointment by customers with not properly working devices.

If you want a Blackberry10 phone in Germany from Vodafone, I suggest you to go to specific business points. These stores either have them on stock or can order them quite fast.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:34 PM
    Get the device from Amazon (Best service ever) or shop BlackBerry and get a Congstar sim.

This will be the best constellation.

03-14-15 05:51 PM
    Unless you want to remain a Vodafone customer (referring to the Congstar SIM).

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:15 AM