The usual story...I was just in a Vodafone shop in London to sort something out on my plan, and asked the guy whether he knew anything about when the 10.2.1 update was going to drop in the UK. I was just curious as to what he would say to be honest.

Anyway, the guy tells me not to download 10.2.1 because it will be a disaster. I calmly ask him why and he says because everything BlackBerry do is a disaster and that there is a high chance the update will break my phone. He advised me to wait at least six months before thinking about downloading any update from BlackBerry, and then suggested I switch to Android lol. And he also said BlackBerry aren't making touchscreen phones anymore and that swipe gestures are always going to be inferior because when the screen freezes, the phone is stuck...??

It would be interesting to know the extent to which BlackBerry have thought about the damage done to the brand by point of sale folks. It's surely been devastating, but I really hope BlackBerry have a plan for addressing this issue before the next launch.

The only thing I agreed with is that the Z30 won't sell at its current price. Other than that this guy is bonkers, and we can only imagine what he says to non BlackBerry owners who come in looking for a phone.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share and vent after that ridiculous experience. I'll be downloading the 10.2.1 update as soon as I can lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:00 AM
    The usual story...I was just in a Vodafone shop in London to sort something out on my plan, and asked the guy whether he knew anything about when the 10.2.1 update was going to drop in the UK. I was just curious as to what he would say to be honest.

Anyway, the guy tells me not to download 10.2.1 because it will be a disaster. I calmly ask him why and he says because everything BlackBerry do is a disaster and that there is a high chance the update will break my phone. He advised me to wait at least six months before thinking about downloading any update from BlackBerry, and then suggested I switch to Android lol. And he also said BlackBerry aren't making touchscreen phones anymore and that swipe gestures are always going to be inferior because when the screen freezes, the phone is stuck...??

It would be interesting to know the extent to which BlackBerry have thought about the damage done to the brand by point of sale folks. It's surely been devastating, but I really hope BlackBerry have a plan for addressing this issue before the next launch.

The only thing I agreed with is that the Z30 won't sell at its current price. Other than that this guy is bonkers, and we can only imagine what he says to non BlackBerry owners who come in looking for a phone.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share and vent after that ridiculous experience. I'll be downloading the 10.2.1 update as soon as I can lol.

Posted via CB10
    man, it's unbelievable how blackberry has bad press now a days, the update is going to break our phone, yeah right!
    01-24-14 05:05 AM
    So will people begin to understand why BlackBerry is de-emphasizing end user sales and pushing into enterprises? Enterprise buyers generally don't deal with counter droids at the local fone shop. They buy from carrier, channel or BlackBerry business reps. Those business reps are not always much better than carrier counter reps but, usually they get the enterprise what they ask for without comment.

In the USA, I see the phone stores dropping local inventory as a good thing. Force people to buy online where they can--if they wish--see actual end user ratings. Don't misunderstand me, I would prefer everyone be able to buy the phone they want at a retail outlet when they want it, without comment from anyone. But that just doesn't happen here in the states.
    01-24-14 05:18 AM
    Am a Vodafone customer and 3 network UK customer, I walked to a 3 store and ask the rep if they got any Z30 on display to compare with my z10, and this guy looked at me, as if I've insults him and replied that BlackBerry as the company does not make phone any more and they bankrupt, and ask me what's that Z30. I almost knocked this rep head off.
    So sickening, bad press.

Z berry are platforms of choice!
    01-28-14 03:03 PM
    Now for the likes of today, it's a great opportunity for carriers to be pushing out update, and promote BlackBerry, then customers won't get frustrated with their BlackBerry devices. so I do believe that the carriers have massive impact on the sale of devices they want to sell and wants costumers to buy, , expecially if the buyers are not smartphone savy or unsure of what device they're after , so that would once again shows how Vodafone UK is somehow anti BlackBerry and would be happy to see the downfalls of such company.

Z berry are platforms of choice!
    01-28-14 03:17 PM
    Interesting thread I wonder what he was smoking...
    02-03-14 10:31 AM
    VF reps are pretty useless. Those shops are time waisters

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:11 AM