Will be spending over a month in Europe travelling across back and forth.

I was not able to find a "all of Europe" forum so posting it in Voodafone (based on number of posts in the forum) but this applies to all carriers.

Two main questions:

1) I need to pick up a pre-paid SIM card as soon as I land in Paris (CDG) which will allow me to use data for reasonable price across all countries. Does such a thing exist??? If I pickup local Orange prepaid card and top it up with 30Euro max card they give unlimited internet for 30 days, which is sweet but I cannot find any information how much they will charge when i roam outside of France. Is the only option to buy prepaid card in each country as I travel? I have not been to europe in very long time and cannot believe there are no carriers who offer Europe wide plans as I would guess this is a fairly common requirement..

2) Will either of my SQN100-3 and STL100-3 work in most of countries (unlocked of course) at least on 3G (I dont care about LTE) or will I need to get a different phone?

Thanks - not sure where else to turn for this advice.
    05-07-13 01:03 PM
    Will be spending over a month in Europe travelling across back and forth.

I was not able to find a "all of Europe" forum so posting it in Voodafone (based on number of posts in the forum) but this applies to all carriers.

Two main questions:

1) I need to pick up a pre-paid SIM card as soon as I land in Paris (CDG) which will allow me to use data for reasonable price across all countries. Does such a thing exist??? If I pickup local Orange prepaid card and top it up with 30Euro max card they give unlimited internet for 30 days, which is sweet but I cannot find any information how much they will charge when i roam outside of France. Is the only option to buy prepaid card in each country as I travel? I have not been to europe in very long time and cannot believe there are no carriers who offer Europe wide plans as I would guess this is a fairly common requirement..

2) Will either of my SQN100-3 and STL100-3 work in most of countries (unlocked of course) at least on 3G (I dont care about LTE) or will I need to get a different phone?

Thanks - not sure where else to turn for this advice.
    Not sure if this will be good enough but it sure looks good
    Europa SIM-Card - Mobile internet in Europe, everywhere, anytime, starting from
    Enjoy your trip!
    05-07-13 02:11 PM
    Hey,
    Same as you, but I went for lefrenchmobile, they offer european sim cards with simple and cheap rates. I tried orange and outside of france they are way too expensive.
    The problem is that you can't get it in the airport you have to buy it in paris or online and get it delivered home or at your hotel.

Hope it helps
    06-24-13 07:49 AM
    I also travel a lot around europe, i tried different ones, but i stopped on Travel Sim www.travelsim.com
    Cheap, easy to use
    10-07-13 04:34 PM
    If you're going to several EU countries at once, international roaming sim cards can be the best solution for you. Personally I use Travelsim when I travel, they also offer data service for reasonable price.
    10-27-13 11:03 PM
    i also have been using travel sim in my trips. always had good coverage.
    11-27-13 08:52 PM
    What an interesting gem of a thread, thanks
    02-03-14 10:37 AM
    Europe simcard for data (and voice): 50 for the card, incl 1 day no limit data. Purchase top up for 8 days for 50 euros. (6,25 per usage day. No usage=no charge) Anywhere in the world online | My Private Hotspot
    02-06-14 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD