07-26-15 06:54 AM
326 12345 ...
tools
    Hi all,

I just got a call from somebody that mentioned they are from CELCOM and asked me if I got any problem with my current set of BOLD Blackberry. I'm very-very happy the way of CELCOM did for the customes satisfactory of their service. The details that I commented as per details below:-

1) Always got a message X: it was an error of address when forwarding the email
    2) Cannot view the video from youtube during the 3G networks but it can works during WIFI
    3) The fast drainage of battery

Hopefully they will do somethings to tackle that issues....
    10-07-08 04:34 AM
    Hi all,

I just got a call from somebody that mentioned they are from CELCOM and asked me if I got any problem with my current set of BOLD Blackberry. I'm very-very happy the way of CELCOM did for the customes satisfactory of their service. The details that I commented as per details below:-

2) Cannot view the video from youtube during the 3G networks but it can works during WIFI

Hi ikurtmal! What OS version is your Bold at the moment?
    10-07-08 09:18 AM
    Hi ikurtmal! What OS version is your Bold at the moment?
    Hi Safri,

At this moment, I'm still using the original version of v4.6.0.126(Platform 4.0.0.135). Should I upgrade the latest OS to avoid all these problem?
    10-07-08 08:01 PM
    I am currently a Maxis BB user, its charges is a bit scary compare with celcom. Just wonder is Celcom data & radio service is on par with Maxis? I am considering to switch from maxis to celcom since it going to implement MNP
    10-07-08 11:39 PM
    Arhghghg.. what is taking Maxis so long to roll out the 4.5 update for the 8310. Celcom already got theirs. Dang you bloody Maxis...
    10-08-08 12:15 AM
    Hi Safri,

At this moment, I'm still using the original version of v4.6.0.126(Platform 4.0.0.135). Should I upgrade the latest OS to avoid all these problem?
    I've upgraded to 4.6.0.162 and experienced improvement on battery performance, memory leakage and better reception. Upgrade with care and good luck.
    10-08-08 08:42 AM
    I've upgraded to 4.6.0.162 and experienced improvement on battery performance, memory leakage and better reception. Upgrade with care and good luck.
    Is it the 4.6.0.162 is the latest OS? If I'm not mistaken, this is the standard OS when I purchased it.
    10-08-08 08:15 PM
    Is it the 4.6.0.162 is the latest OS? If I'm not mistaken, this is the standard OS when I purchased it.
    Do you mean your Bold is with 4.6.0.162 when you got it??
    The latest is 4.6.0.167 (not official yet). Words are spreading that 4.6.0.170 is in the www.
    Last edited by safri; 10-09-08 at 06:06 AM. Reason: edit
    10-09-08 06:04 AM
    Hi Safri,

Sorry it was a mistake and currently I'm still using the .126 version and yours is the latest. I will upgrade to the .170 once they release officially. Thanks for your comment!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 09:02 AM
    Hi Safri,

Sorry it was a mistake and currently I'm still using the .126 version and yours is the latest. I will upgrade to the .170 once they release officially. Thanks for your comment!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi ikurtmal..yes better wait for the official ones. It's available NOW
    Last edited by safri; 10-10-08 at 03:53 PM. Reason: edit
    10-09-08 09:31 AM
    hi safri...you seem like an expert..brother..
    kudos...i've been thinking to try celcom...cheaper than maxis..
    Last edited by sabry; 10-16-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: yes
    10-16-08 09:47 AM
    Hi all,

1. please checked the email address(correct or not)/ try hard reset and send service book
    2.Please checked the browser option>option>adv-option>browser>select Internet browse
    3.update to 4.6.0.162 or 167

happy to help
    Last edited by sabry; 10-16-08 at 10:08 AM. Reason: yes
    10-16-08 10:08 AM
    im just get curve 8310 last sept and i still donno anything bout bb.. now i just use for calling ang messaging only.. becoz i dont have any data plan..

the question is do i really need the data plan. can my curve can work for mms and gprs or something like that WIHTOUT data plan or blackberry service.

and if i try to get the cheapers data plan thats mean only limited usage can i setting for block push mail..

really need some explaination bout this..

thanks in advance
    10-30-08 06:19 AM
    this is my first time posting over here. good info!

s3mut_putih : no, you don't need "data plan" to subscribe to blackberry. but you need to subscribe to BIS with limited or unlimited blackberry usage to enjoy the real benefit of blackberry - emails!

when you go to maxis (not you, i'm talking about me and just sharing my experienc), they will always confuse you with data plan and blackberry plan. blackberry tied up with data plan. must have data plan to use blackberry. from my experience, you can just ignore the data plan and just register the blackberry instead. minimum RM20 with 1MB of email, or RM55 with unlimited.

BUT

to surf the net, you STILL need to pay for data plan. Beat me, but up till now I still don't understand why maxis charge differently using emails and surfing the net when both are using BIS (blackberry proxy) to connect to the net.

For celcom, just pay RM90 (something) and you get both.

confusing 'eh? i don't know about you, but i'm still confused about this.
    and if i try to get the cheapers data plan thats mean only limited usage can i setting for block push mail..
    yes you can. i would advice you to properly filter your email for this, or you will ended up with funny figures on your bill
    10-31-08 08:56 PM
    thanks a lot for that info really helpin me to know much bout diz interesting BB.. becoz last time i go to maxis centre at klcc ask for BB service n i was really confusing by the customes service there and at last the customer cervice there said to me if u wanna sell ur BB just tell the price.. huh i think i better try for celcom service la.. lol..

and one more things guys.. how about GPS that also need BIS or can i using garmin for that
    11-02-08 09:35 AM
    hi safri...you seem like an expert..brother..
    kudos...i've been thinking to try celcom...cheaper than maxis..
    No lah. I'm no expert. For a full-fledge BIS with unlimited data, yes, Celcom is way cheaper compared to Maxis.
    11-07-08 04:05 AM
    Hey guys, how's it going? (: I'm new here, as you can see. Anyway, I want to update my 8320's operating system to version 4.5. I'm with Maxis, do you guys know where I can find it? I'm going crazy here. Haha.
    11-18-08 08:03 AM
    Go to this link, select Maxis and your 8320.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

They already have 4.5.0.108 updated there.
    11-18-08 08:06 PM
    Cool. Thanks, man. (:
    11-19-08 08:07 AM
    used celcom .. much better compare maxis
    not like im against maxis
    just celcom much secure
    only RM 98 + RM 5 (hidden cost)
    then each BB celcom can used 4gb every month
    but if one of BB celcom used more than 4gb
    the line will be slow automatically ..
    dats what the customer service told me when i'm complaining
    why the line is so slow ...
    unless ur BB have wi-fi ... i suggest used wi-fi
    12-17-08 10:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm new.

I run 3 companies and my business mentor sez "GET A BLACKBERRY!!!"

i'm contemplating an e90 with a Bold. I've always wanted to do video calls. my scouting has lead me to conclude that CELCOM is cheaper, more reliable, but all of theirs staffs, techical, blue cube, etc etc are completely USELESS!!

this would be my last resort. i want to stay loyal to celcom but at this rate, i may end up with maxis. please help.

sam

had to add:
    i need push email and nothing beats the BB push. if i have the option it can be a nokia e90 or any BB connect devices. i prefer to have the option for video calls. other than the e90, i dont know what else works. then again, if i get an e90, will i get any trouble using the push mail service since like i said, no one at celcom had been helpful so far. (or maybe i'm just "slow" hehe) i like bold and what it can do. i need to decide very soon. if i get no good response, then i'll just have to do with a bold. no video calls. (among the reasons y i didnt get an iphone) ... and can anyone comment on available softwares for BB? especially GPS. Thanks a million!
    Last edited by samharon; 12-20-08 at 08:13 AM. Reason: i like to type a lot.
    12-20-08 07:28 AM
    Hi,

I'm not sure this have been posted or not but just to inform everyone that Maxis have reduce their BB BIS package to RM120 permonth. It makes me think twice to MNP to Celcom or not because since Celcom is charging RM98 permonth. Just for me to save RM22 and facing Celcom poor customer service not really convincing enough for me to port to them.

The reason I said Celcom customer service is poor because it took them more than 5 days just to reply to my email regarding their BB service and the best part they didn't exactly answer to my question (maybe I'm to technical ). Also, it is not just any department, it's a dedicated division supposed to handle business customer.

For customer service I really have to give thumbs up to Maxis. My first day of using it I called their customer service (10 at night) and this friendly guy guided me through my BB setup one by one until everything run smooth. And the best thing he really know about his product (BB).

Yet, part of me still disappointed with Maxis coz until now I still not able to MMS from my BB. The only way to do it is to downgrade my service to 2G which I can't afford to, since sometimes I'm using my sim card to connect to my USB modem.
    Last edited by PsychoGeek; 12-21-08 at 04:39 AM.
    12-21-08 04:35 AM
    I'm having trouble with MMS on maxis on my Storm. I've got the service books, but they're in wap instead of 3G or something like that. Anyone know any solutions?
    12-27-08 02:15 PM
    Hi,

I'm not sure this have been posted or not but just to inform everyone that Maxis have reduce their BB BIS package to RM120 permonth. It makes me think twice to MNP to Celcom or not because since Celcom is charging RM98 permonth. Just for me to save RM22 and facing Celcom poor customer service not really convincing enough for me to port to them.

The reason I said Celcom customer service is poor because it took them more than 5 days just to reply to my email regarding their BB service and the best part they didn't exactly answer to my question (maybe I'm to technical ). Also, it is not just any department, it's a dedicated division supposed to handle business customer.

For customer service I really have to give thumbs up to Maxis. My first day of using it I called their customer service (10 at night) and this friendly guy guided me through my BB setup one by one until everything run smooth. And the best thing he really know about his product (BB).

Yet, part of me still disappointed with Maxis coz until now I still not able to MMS from my BB. The only way to do it is to downgrade my service to 2G which I can't afford to, since sometimes I'm using my sim card to connect to my USB modem.

same here had experience with celcom's CSR, very poor
    12-27-08 11:43 PM
    I'm having trouble with MMS on maxis on my Storm. I've got the service books, but they're in wap instead of 3G or something like that. Anyone know any solutions?
    BOLD also sometimes got problem, now u use storm which is not official yet, i doubt u'll get any support from them, well maybe u can copy the setting from the BOLD/Curve
    12-27-08 11:45 PM
326 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD