I don't know if the problem is particular to vz customers but here goes:

I have the 8830we just upgraded 2day to os 4.5 prior to that I couldn't use youtube now I can only play certain videos majority of vids spit back a pop up that reads "error format not supported" does any1 know a remedy to this or is it just a combination of ****ty model phone with ****ty service provider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 04:44 AM
    It's a common problem that I have seen. It doesn't have anything to do with your provider, or the model phone. I haven't been able to find a way to fix it but I'm sure someone will.

If you don't like your phone or provider then change. You are paying for it and there is no reason for you to pay for something you don't like.
    03-13-09 05:08 AM
    I don't think it's a matter of like or dislike in this case. The phone he has is a known work horse. Add to that the reliability of one of the better service providers in the tri-state area. It's a shame that youtube mobile only works intermittently on your phone bro, hopefully someone will have some better insight into how to fix an unfortunate issue.
    03-13-09 05:24 AM
    I have ran into this same problem. Mine is not limited to only youtube though. Mine has done that for mp3's and videos on my BB. So I think this problem is something far beyond youtube only but it is intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD