08-28-09 02:45 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    Ok reading the opening thread made throw up a little in my mouth, but moving on. I have a much different view on the CS/Sales people that work for VZW. I have only been with VZW for three months now, and have to say vZw has not got my bill correct once. I have been over charge, in correctly charge every month.

And it didnt start out good with VZW, the CS that sold me my phone, not only put me on plans that I didnt want or need, she lied to me as well. The rep also didnt tell me how or what steps to get my corporate discount on my account, to me this was just a rep trying to make a sale, and didn't give a rats **** about the new customer.

Now I will say this much, the times that I have called, they have fixed the billing issue,s now on the other hand, no one at VZW has a freaking clue what they are talking about.

I have had so many things told to me that were not true, I would have one rep tell me one thing, then have a different rep tell me something different. It has been very frustrating dealing with VZW.

If it wasn't for the fact that I love my blackberry and love paying only $43 a month for it( discount and on a family plan with a friend) I would take the blackberry and shove it VZW you know what.

The lack of good customer service is just sad, well then thats just my luck too
    03-13-09 04:59 AM
    Ok reading the opening thread made throw up a little in my mouth, but moving on. I have a much different view on the CS/Sales people that work for VZW. I have only been with VZW for three months now, and have to say vZw has not got my bill correct once. I have been over charge, in correctly charge every month.
    Details would be nice. What kind of charges are we talking about here? Most carriers show that customer complaints of mischarges occur most often within the first three billing cycles. This is caused by misunderstandings surrounding the actual cost of services asked for or used, coupled with not understanding first month's billing processes with some being in advance and some not, some prorated to a billing cycle and some not.

And it didnt start out good with VZW, the CS that sold me my phone, not only put me on plans that I didnt want or need, she lied to me as well. The rep also didnt tell me how or what steps to get my corporate discount on my account, to me this was just a rep trying to make a sale, and didn't give a rats **** about the new customer.
    Again, details would have been nice. Did you order through a VZW store or an independent seller? Experiences vary widely, with 611 normally being the best, corp stores a distant second & independents coming in dead last. Then again, this is the same thing with any of the carriers - 611 has no commissions while stores do and independents don't really care. For me, all stores suck, but the indies are plain awful.

Now I will say this much, the times that I have called, they have fixed the billing issue,s now on the other hand, no one at VZW has a freaking clue what they are talking about.
    Perception here can play a big part. If the customer doesn't get what they think they are owed, they think the service sucked even when the customer was in the wrong. Were the corrections because of an actual error or simply due to VZW goodwill?

I have had so many things told to me that were not true, I would have one rep tell me one thing, then have a different rep tell me something different. It has been very frustrating dealing with VZW..
    Again, details would be good - you make a lot of claims without anything of substance to back up your claims.

If it wasn't for the fact that I love my blackberry and love paying only $43 a month for it( discount and on a family plan with a friend) I would take the blackberry and shove it VZW you know what.
    At $43/month, it sounds like billing errors may be in your favor. I mean, you're claiming a 50% discount here - or your friend is getting shafted for more than their share of the bill.

The lack of good customer service is just sad, well then thats just my luck too
    Claiming bad luck is simply another way to deflect blame from one's self. There is no such thing as luck. Anything and everything that happens to you is a direct consequence of your own actions. Own up to that and life will be better & more productive.

I look at it this way. When I see people coming around with so many complaints about the company that finishes so far in front of its competition in customer service in nearly every market (only losing by a point or two in a few markets to Alltel - now VZW - or T-Mobile), I wonder if the complainer's perceptions are skewed, their demands unreasonable or their expectations are out of whack. I expect better reviews of the two carriers that consistently finish tag-team last in service & network performance (Sprint/AT&T). So I often times think that these overly poor reviews are brought up by those with a chip on their shoulder, an axe to grind, a goat to get.

Then again, I always skim off the top 10% and bottom 20% and only pay attenntion to the 70% in the middle. Based on that, AND my own experiences, VZW is still a top-flight company, followed by T-Mobile, with AT&T & Sprint holding up the horse's arse of the situation.

But what do I know? I get bored really quickly by cars that vary only in decals & only turn left, then left again, then left again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 01:53 AM
    Today I ran into this guy and I was wearing my Verizon Badge off the clock (sad.. i just got off) anyways. We were in Best Buy and he goes "Hey do you work for VzW?" .. "yeah.." He went on to tell me how he hates VzW how we screwed him by sending him a huge bill. I was like, "What did we bill you for?" He goes "Like four hours of calling india, and I don't even remember." I was like "Well, did you not make the calls?" He goes "Well I didn't make it but I was at a party and we were drunk and my friend took my phone and called some indian psychic and we chatted for a few hours we were asking him like life questions and stuff." I go.. "So you did call him? So the charges are valid?" He goes "NO THE RATES ARE JUST RIDICULOUS. I would expect you to defend such a crappy company." I go "Go make the same call on TMO and see what happens.' I walked off.
    03-14-09 05:35 AM
    Today I ran into this guy and I was wearing my Verizon Badge off the clock (sad.. i just got off) anyways. We were in Best Buy and he goes "Hey do you work for VzW?" .. "yeah.." He went on to tell me how he hates VzW how we screwed him by sending him a huge bill. I was like, "What did we bill you for?" He goes "Like four hours of calling india, and I don't even remember." I was like "Well, did you not make the calls?" He goes "Well I didn't make it but I was at a party and we were drunk and my friend took my phone and called some indian psychic and we chatted for a few hours we were asking him like life questions and stuff." I go.. "So you did call him? So the charges are valid?" He goes "NO THE RATES ARE JUST RIDICULOUS. I would expect you to defend such a crappy company." I go "Go make the same call on TMO and see what happens.' I walked off.
    wow the stupidity of people now and days ....
    I bet the person still has verizon till this day ....
    just make the person that made the call pay for minutes used
    03-14-09 07:29 AM
    Check this out.

The reps that use to handle advanced devices only over the past year have all been trained to handle just about everything under the sun. This was a fun growing pain. So we can handle CS,TS, Sales, Global, HUB, Net Ext. and regular phones to boot.

Last week VZW has now started to train all employees and I mean ALL! in hanldling data issues. The program is called data certification. There will be 4 data certifications programs per year that everyone must take (including the CEO). Now this does not mean that a CS rep will be handle all aspects of advacned devices, but will have better knowledge of basic requirements and how to on any device that VZW has. This a good thing. This will help reduce transfers and the preception that some reps do not know what they are talking about. Caviot: some people will just never get it though , but none the less over time it will make VZW a better company.
    03-14-09 08:53 AM
    Hi, and thanks for being here. I absolutely love my Blackberry Storm 9530, but I do have one issue: How to set call priority? In other words, how do I make sure that no matter what I am doing, or what updating, etc. the BBS may be doing, that people who call me actually make the phone RING and I can ANSWER live, rather than it going to voice mail.

Please note that I have done the following: I make sure all open programs are closed when I am finished. I do my battery pull at least once, sometimes a few times a day. I have memory enhancement programs.

And yet, almost 4 out of 5 times when I just look at my BBS to see if I missed anything, that irritating clock-timer is running, and I have voice mail calls.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    07-14-09 10:56 AM
    Hi, and thanks for being here. I absolutely love my Blackberry Storm 9530, but I do have one issue: How to set call priority? In other words, how do I make sure that no matter what I am doing, or what updating, etc. the BBS may be doing, that people who call me actually make the phone RING and I can ANSWER live, rather than it going to voice mail.

Please note that I have done the following: I make sure all open programs are closed when I am finished. I do my battery pull at least once, sometimes a few times a day. I have memory enhancement programs.

And yet, almost 4 out of 5 times when I just look at my BBS to see if I missed anything, that irritating clock-timer is running, and I have voice mail calls.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    this thread has nothing to do with the storm. I would post your questions in the storm forum as opposed to reviving a 6 month old thread.
    07-14-09 06:35 PM
    I can't seem to find if I'm running the newest OS on my phone. I would like to get the one that is official from Verizon. I was wondering if someone here can help me out. A link would be great but for dumb reason I'm having trouble finding it on vzw.com. I have 4.5.0.77 on the Curve 8330.
    Last edited by eripmu; 08-26-09 at 01:13 PM.
    08-26-09 01:08 PM
    You can plug it into your bb desktop manager and check for updates
    08-26-09 01:28 PM
    Didn't even think that would work. Thanks. And no, there is no new official from Verizon. bummer
    08-26-09 01:33 PM
    Well, my issues have NOTHING to do with the billing dept. They are always willing to help. However I can't seem to get a resolution to the dead zone I live and work in. I've reported this and got a "trouble ticket" but they keep saying the techs are swamped and that they will expedite my ticket. That was August 12.

Honestly after 3 (polite) phones calls and 2 emails I am tired of being patient and ready to reach through my TV and strangle the VZW guy cuz frankly "I can't hear him at all!"

I used to have great signal strength and no dropped call so I know it's a technical issue. BTW I now have a blackberry storm and even that didn't help.
    08-26-09 01:36 PM
    this thread has nothing to do with the storm. I would post your questions in the storm forum as opposed to reviving a 6 month old thread.
    And now it is a seven month old thread?

Hey folks - if you post in the appropriate areas, you will get a much faster response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:58 PM
    hi! i will admit i stopped reading most of these posts after the first page... however, as a person in an almost identical position as the person who started this thread, though in a different industry (which vzw is one of our largest group accounts, so hi! you may've talked to me before, lol).... I want to pose my question here (mainly due to the previous answer i got in the other thread seemed to be wrong?)

i have a mac, which as you know means, no DM until the release in september. i was told that i could take my phone in-store (yes it was an actual vzw store, not retailer) and have the OS update done there. so i get the opportunity to go in today to do just this, and i'm told that they dont have the capability. what gives?

can they or can't they? or is it a situation where only certain ones can?

please and thanks!
    08-28-09 02:45 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD