08-28-09 02:45 PM
88 1234
tools
    So I am hearing
    01-04-09 12:01 PM
    the "nickel and diming" goes for phones too. take the new touch pro for example...it has half the processor, half the ram, and half the memory...theoretically making it half the phone....and they charge only $150 less the the sprint version...far from half the price
    01-04-09 12:03 PM
    the "nickel and diming" goes for phones too. take the new touch pro for example...it has half the processor, half the ram, and half the memory...theoretically making it half the phone....and they charge only $150 less the the sprint version...far from half the price
    Pricing doesn't work that way. They look at full retail and knock off $200-250 for a two year contract and $125-175 or so for a one year contract. It has little or nothing to do with what they feel it is worth. It's based upon their cost and to some degree competing products but that's not always much.
    01-05-09 01:27 AM
    No win situation
    If VZW addressed all the issues pointed out, their market share would increase exponentially. Then they’d be under investigation for being too big.
    01-05-09 02:13 AM
    Right. They actually have three businesses: the wireless division, the residential service and the business data service. However, the residential service could still benefit from learning from the VZW reps.
    Wireless is a seperate company under the VZ corp umbrella - the landlines both residential & business as well as FIOS & other data (dsl, t1, t3 etc) are all the same core company - diff departments - same company. Data used to be seperate for regulatory reasons but hasn't been now for years. Keep in mind though vzn has contracted out some CS areas like tech support for DSL so those aren't even verizon employees - so lower pay and higher turnover.

Hopefully they do not follow this trend in wireless. I have always had good service when calling wireless, though I have been told a different answer to the same question on occasion. I have had great service with the technical reps & think they do an excellent job.
    01-05-09 10:33 AM
    I have all ways received excellent service from Verizon. As a matter of fact there is a gentleman in my local store that has gone above and beyond what most would do. He has even offered to meet with me on his days off if necessary. All I had to do for this kind of service is be polite and understanding. Verzion people Rock and I wouldnt go any place else.
    01-05-09 10:50 AM
    I too have had great experiences with vzw. The reps here in our area are very friendly and great at what they do. The one experiene I had with T-Mobile will be my last. I just went in there looking for a specific case for my curve and it took almost an hour to get checked out bc they only had two reps working...and both of them were not friendly at all and not helpful either. But once again that's in my area and I do know someone who works for them elsewhere who is a very caring person.
    01-05-09 09:26 PM
    ok wow its not that the customers are cheap look how much we pay for a service that is comparable to that of Sprint or At&t versus how much they pay and on top of that from my personal experience Ive never been with a company that switches what they are offering then tell you once youve recieved a bogus bill...now jus for the nickle n diming....Verizon is actually monopolizing the telecommunications industry and still only wants you to pay for ringtones, wallpapers, mp3 thru cheap a*s vcast, thats not really worth a d*mn. So maybe we are cheap bt like u stated in the beginning of your post "we keep yall employed" all we ask is for service that is comparable to everyone elses....the service isnt all that great especially when im paying @ least 45$ more on average than that of a sprint customer for the same calling plan...dont worry tho i'll b switching as sooooon as my contract ends... by the way vzw customer service is pure and utter GARBAGE!!!!!!!! Take that to the bank *cheap a**es*lmmfao (seriously)
    01-05-09 09:57 PM
    Well hope you will enjoy your new carrier. have a nice day.
    01-05-09 10:04 PM
    I have never found a store or company's other then Verizon who sells me something, and if what you sold me is no good, i have to send it to some other company to get fixed. You are a Verizon store, you sold me a phone, i see you have more of my phone, the one you sold me doesn't work, u say call this number, I just don't understand why Verizon would not back the phone's they sell. They really have no faith in what they do. If i buy a Stereo from best buy, i get insurance threw a different company just like Verizon, whats the difference, if my stereo does not preform the way it is suppose to, i bring it back to best buy and i get a new one. Verizon is my 2 cell phone company since starting my charity in 2001, i loved sprint, when ever we had a problem with a phone we went to the store they gave me a new one. I am always polite when i call, i just always wonder why if i am at a verizon store, why do i know have to call. You sold me a phone, it doesn't work. I have had to have 10 phones replaced threw insurance in the last 3 years, which really isn't bad considering we have 35 phones on a business account.
    Verizon has the best cell phone service in the world, they clearly dont care about customer service.
    01-08-09 06:10 AM
    Hello!

After being on hold last night for over half an hour to no avail, I am hoping you can tell me where to get the VM number (not *86) for retrieving VM.

Thanks!
    01-08-09 07:05 AM
    I have never found a store or company's other then Verizon who sells me something, and if what you sold me is no good, i have to send it to some other company to get fixed. You are a Verizon store, you sold me a phone, i see you have more of my phone, the one you sold me doesn't work, u say call this number, I just don't understand why Verizon would not back the phone's they sell. They really have no faith in what they do. If i buy a Stereo from best buy, i get insurance threw a different company just like Verizon, whats the difference, if my stereo does not preform the way it is suppose to, i bring it back to best buy and i get a new one. Verizon is my 2 cell phone company since starting my charity in 2001, i loved sprint, when ever we had a problem with a phone we went to the store they gave me a new one. I am always polite when i call, i just always wonder why if i am at a verizon store, why do i know have to call. You sold me a phone, it doesn't work. I have had to have 10 phones replaced threw insurance in the last 3 years, which really isn't bad considering we have 35 phones on a business account.
    Verizon has the best cell phone service in the world, they clearly dont care about customer service.

I too have had a horrible nightmare on 2 occasions at verizon stores throughout NYC. I think the moral of the story is that 611 is GREAT. I indeed do give cedit where credit is due! But outside of 611, there's nothing left to be desired as far as stores go! Every rep is different and I may find one at a store that is great, but overall, store support is mediocore at best when ranking "all its personel!"

I dont know why this is. Its not like call center ppl are just naturally better ppl. Maybe management at this level is better equiped to monitor the initiative to please the customer! Or maybe not seeing ppls faces helps tone down the bitterness and stress of an ACTUAL person LOL
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 01-08-09 at 11:04 AM.
    01-08-09 11:02 AM
    This is my first post on the cb forums.. i read this thread and i just had to respond to some of the statements made by verizon wireless employees.

let me start off buy saying i am a former in store technician... so i i am familiar with a lot of the same experiences many of you had with customers.. with the added "joy" of the face to face experience (yes ive had plenty of things thrown at me)..

with that said i must stress not every customer service rep., is as heavenly and moral as you guys may be... a lot of times they are just plain jerks... it could be thats just the way they are or they may be having a bad day..
    so at times when a customer calls with a problem or what they perceive as a problem( many reps need to remember customers are not trained on every aspect of there phone)they get a less then pleasant experience... as a customer and former employee i can attest to this.

as for verizon nickel and dimeing there customers... i must agree they do... but its business and the execs need there 6 figure checks . so whatever....
    Last edited by FAM184; 01-08-09 at 02:39 PM.
    01-08-09 11:20 AM
    they need their paychecks, but when the competition doesn't follow all the same tactics, no one can blame the customer from being upset. And when a VZW employee comes on these forums and calls customers CHEAP, while at the same time trying to say thank you to those very customers, it makes my blood boil!

Most of us are in customer service in one form or another. And we have all seen customers who are complainers who rarely ever have valitity to their complaints. I'm a paramedic, I should know! But when a legitamate argument is made as to verizon's unfair pricing tactics, you can't discount that as a warrantless complaint. Everything they do is in the open and very black and white!

As for reps, everyone is different! Some are good and some are bad. When ranking the general service, one is ranking them as a collection of representatives, not just 1 or 2. GENERALLY, store service for me has been BAD! GENERALLY, 611 service has been good =0)
    01-08-09 12:51 PM
    Well said. I never had a problem with Verizon. The service, the quality, and effert make this team a special one. Not to mention its the best damn coverage in the US lol. Ill stick with Verizon till they or I go down lol. Which of course would be a very VERY long time lol
    01-08-09 12:57 PM
    they need their paychecks, but when the competition doesn't follow all the same tactics, no one can blame the customer from being upset. And when a VZW employee comes on these forums and calls customers CHEAP, while at the same time trying to say thank you to those very customers, it makes my blood boil!
    agreed!!! i was just being sarcastic.... as a matter of fact customers always have the right to complain, no matter what... its their money..
    i understand the O.P's beef, but as a customer service rep.. you need to deal with the customer in a professional manner or find new work..
    i hate dealing with customer service 99.9% of the time, because i know the proper way to deal with customers, and get easily aggravated when people don't do their jobs properly.
    Last edited by FAM184; 01-08-09 at 02:54 PM.
    01-08-09 02:51 PM
    I would just like to say that personally, outside of one face-to-face experience at an Orange County retail location, I have always received AMAZING customer service from Verizon, and it has very little to do with how long I've been with them or how much money I spend with them. I was on a family plan under my dad's name for a year or two before opening my own account, which couldn't have been more than four years ago- and for the most part, I have stuck to the basic plan (450min) with additional texting. I am as far from a "long-time, big-spending" customer as it gets, but 99% of the time, I really feel like I'm being treated like one by the Verizon team.

Once, they even issued me credit for something that was at least half- if not 100%- my fault. And I don't even have to do anything to get this kind of treatment, although it probably doesn't hurt that I'm friendly, detailed, and listen carefully to whatever the CS person has to say before responding. That is not to say that all Verizon employees are good-willed people who genuinely want to help- like I said, I did run into a Verizon store manager who was a total you-know-what, and I know that other people have had negative experiences that I don't doubt really happened- but as a company, I think Verizon puts much-needed emphasis on customer service and they do it the right way. It's the service I get from them, whether I'm in Kansas, California, Las Vegas or Canada, that makes me loyal to them as a provider.

So it's not all bad, Verizon dudes and dudettes. Thanks for doing what you do.
    01-08-09 03:41 PM
    most of my experiences with Verizon have been positive. Except when I called in and a rep offered me VZ Navigator for free for a month but at the end of the month, I called in to cancel it and they said, "thanks, but that will be 9.99." I was shocked because before I hung up with the guy, I asked "will I be charged?" and he of course, said "No, free for a month." So, I think some folks are less than knowledgeable about the product they sell but I'm sure for many, its just a job that pays the bill and that's all... nothing more
    01-08-09 04:10 PM
    I had good but generally positive experiences until I called to get my storm replaced during the initial 30 days and was told different rules apply to storm owners and~hat I first need to get my return cleared by a store. Totals bs and toto
    waste of time. Why treat Storm owners like second class citizens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:15 PM
    I have never in all my calls to Verizon had a bad experience or needed the assistance of someone other than whomever answered the phone. All in all, the Verizon CS Reps and IT people have been wonderful. I am new to this whole BlackBerry world and have had to call several times. I always appreciate the patience on the other end of the phone. Now if I could only find where to put in a web address on my Browser... all I have are ICONS! Dude, thanks for doing what you do. If you don't know it you are appreciated.... Can you help me find my Browser entry point?
    01-08-09 10:07 PM
    I have to agree with most of the posters here-- VZW CS is (almost always) the best! Much better than customer service on any other carrier I've encountered. The town I started college in had terrible AT&T coverage, but good Verizon, so when I started my 2nd year I made the switch to vzw (about 5 and a half years ago) and my service was so good, my parents got out of their AT&T (cingular at the time) contracts less than a year later to switch. Any minor problem after merging into a family plan was almost immediately and politely fixed either in store or with a phone cs rep.

In June of 2008 I went on a medical mission trip to Jamaica, which primarily utilizes a CDMA network, and I checked beforehand on how international roaming would work, pricing, etc. I enabled my phone to roam there in the event that I would need to make a call from my phone (and couldn't wait to use one of the prepaid international phones our group had purchased). I didn't think about texting prior to arriving there (didn't even think I could text internationally), but after I got there messaged my dad and asked him to call vzw about it to see how much it would be (figuring at that time I had just charged maybe 50-75 cents for that one message). He called and the CS rep told him that while making a phone call would charge $X per minute, the texting would not cost any extra and would be included in my unlimited text plan. Wanting to make sure he'd heard that right, he called back and spoke to a different rep who told him the same thing. He told me this and I then began to keep in touch with friends & family back home via text for the 2 weeks I was there, sending who knows how many messages during my breaks. We got the bill at the end of July and were already on the fence about switching to AT&T to get an iphone-- glad we didn't!-- but the bill had upwards of $95 just on texts sent while in Jamaica. My dad called CS and politely explained that he had been told by 2 different reps this should not be the case, they said they would call us back, and actually did while completing wiping the charges off as well. Talk about good service! I would not have texted more than a few messages while there if we hadn't been told it wouldn't cost extra. Needless to say, any ideas of switching to get an iphone were gone after that!

And to whomever mentioned on here that you can't set mp3s as ringtones on their "dumb"phones-- you are partially correct but there are ways around that. When I still had the EnV I learned how to cut mp3s to make the ringtones I wanted on my computer, then send it to my phone as a pic message (mynumber@vzwpix.com) from my gmail account. Sometimes vzw would kick it back, but I was always able to eventually send it and when you receive a mms with sound, you have the option to save the sound as a ringtone. Then I discovered a program called bitpim that works around the vzw blocks and lets you connect your phone to a computer to move mp3 ringers to your phone. Either way you can get around paying astronomical prices for a 20s song clip and this way you can get what you want! They never had the songs I wanted available as ringers.

And yes, Verizon does nickel and dime their customers for certain "services" that come innate with the phone or are free on other carriers. Unlocking the GPS for use with BBMaps is not really unlocking it, though it is a step in the right direction. CS and financial haggling are 2 completely separate departments I'm sure, and I've always had good experiences with their CS department. I work in a hospital emergency room so I can easily sympathize with the tired, grumpy, sick of people ******** at him all day CS rep because 9/10 of callers (or in my case, patients... patients family members... etc) are adamant that THEIR problem is the ONLY problem that should be of anybodys concern and it is TOP priority until it is solved! And in some way they are probably abusing the system as well. But its that 1/10 that are polite, understanding that we are not God and can't solve everything with a wave of our hand, that make the job worth it. Hats off to the reps who, despite all the ******** they have to deal with, still are polite and helpful when I call.
    01-13-09 05:50 PM
    I agree with the sentiment. My husband and I both have CS backgrounds and that is why when we call anywhere, we never vent our frustration with person answering the call. The few times I've had to call VZW they've been great, smart, helpful, reasonable people who have helped us and made us happy customers.

My one gripe with VZW is why is the experience of actually going to a VZW store like the 9th level of **** with absolutely clueless people behind the counter. Really I'd rather be at the mall on christmas eve with all my shopping to do at 11pm (working soccer mom ****)than enter a vzw store with any kind of problem or question about a phone or service. The experience either leaves me enraged by the stupidity and lack of cooperation, or boggled at the incompetence.

Then you pick up the phone...punch in a few numbers and it's like a whole new world. I have found every phone call I've ever made to vzw (maybe a dozen or so over 5-6 years) to be easier and even pleasant showing that they definitely have great people on the phones there to support you.

I just wonder...maybe allot of the angry unreasonable jerks are venting their rage at you because they just left a vzw store?
    01-17-09 09:03 PM
    I like Verizon's service but I bought The Storm and everything is ok expect for the
    internet, it's soooooooooooo slow. I hope they have some kind of up-grade sooner than later. My friends who have the I-Phone love to show off and call my phone junk.
    Last edited by rosee1963; 03-12-09 at 10:27 PM. Reason: I have The Blackberry Storm
    03-12-09 10:26 PM
    A toy owner calling a BlackBerry junk.

Don't listen to them, Rosee.

03-12-09 10:28 PM
    I just wanted to add a thank you to the CS reps here for their professionalism and dedication to the job they perform. I am new to BB and VZW and have had to call into CS a few times with questions and problems. I have to say that I have been impressed with the level of service and feedback I have received. Koodos to you all. At one time in my life I too had been involved in CS and can sympathize with the you regarding the difficult customers. I have since moved on to the law enforcement world but I keep that CS background in mind. There are many correlations and remember that you are only dealing with a minority of the VZW population. For every one peron you talk with who may be difficult and demanding, there are a hundred more out there that are happy and satisfied with your service. Thank you's are probably a rare couple of words you hear each day, but from a satisfied and well taken care of customer to you all...thank you. I do also realize that I may pay a bit more for the services I receive, but also see the difference in quality. Keep up the good work!

03-13-09 03:10 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD