Thinking about switching to Verizon for a Palm Pre Plus w/ included Mobile Hotspot. Sounds mighty convenient compared to some of my other alternatives.

However, I'm not quite sure I can put up with either the Pre or Verizon for the long run. So I was wondering if I could go straight to a post-paid plan w/ no contract if I were to buy a Pre off of eBay or Craigslist? Or is it required for me to sign a 2 year contract at the beginning regardless?

Thanks.
    05-04-10 06:42 PM
    verizon does offer prepaid plans, however i'm unsure if you can use any phone on it that you want. your best bet is to call verizon and ask them if only specific phones can be used on the prepaid plans.

looking at the prepaid plans on their website, i don't see anything about data usage which makes me think you cant use a smart phone or any other phone that requires a data package.
    05-06-10 02:57 PM
    Thinking about switching to Verizon for a Palm Pre Plus w/ included Mobile Hotspot. Sounds mighty convenient compared to some of my other alternatives.

However, I'm not quite sure I can put up with either the Pre or Verizon for the long run. So I was wondering if I could go straight to a post-paid plan w/ no contract if I were to buy a Pre off of eBay or Craigslist? Or is it required for me to sign a 2 year contract at the beginning regardless?

Thanks.
    You can avoid the contract by buying the phone full retail or from a 3rd party. The Mobile Hotspot, I believe is only free with a contract, I will have to make sure for you.
    05-06-10 03:45 PM

Thanks.
    For $600, you can buy the Pre Plus contract-free. You would still need to pay for a voice and data package, but the hot spot is included for $0/month even on the no-contract pricing.

BTW -- it took me 30 seconds to build this plan month-to-month on vzw.com ... you may have gotten the answer yourself in less time than writing this post
    05-06-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD