01-17-11 02:05 PM
49 12
tools
    I don't hate Apple. Or any platform. But I have used my parents iPhone and I didn't like how it functioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 12:05 PM
    iPhone is for dumb brains and time killers,
    I wish I has any one of above.

I am simply not eligiblefor iPhone, neither GSM nor CDMA.

01-12-11 12:19 PM
    Well starting with the storm 1 in December of 08, then after getting a Samsung Fascinate in Oct 2010 I had to go back to my storm. I got my storm replaced with a storm 2 in Nov 2010. Being out of contract with Verizon since Dec 2010, I am waiting to see what is coming down the pipeline for RIM. If nothing, I will look to see what the Iphone has to offer which is much with todays tech. But with looking at the CES coverage that Motorola Bionic is looking better and better each day.

COME ON RIM, give the people what they want. Stop losing market share to phones that act as children's toys.
    01-12-11 12:39 PM
    I use an iphone4 with AT&T for entertainment. My Verizon BlackBerry Tour is my main phone. As long as RIM keeps building good keyboards, good security, and easy notes and messages I will always upgrade to a newer BlackBerry. I live in a rural area where the signal from one carrier fades and a few blocks later the other carrier comes on strong.
    01-12-11 02:46 PM
    While the iPhone OS is very smooth, I just can't see going to that platform for many reasons, the sealed battery being a major one. Love my BB and I have no intention of switching but I may look at a secondary Android device down the line when I'm eligible for an upgrade.
    01-12-11 03:19 PM
    It has 1. Better camera. 2. Touch screen. 3. Almost 200k apps. 4. Widgets. 5. Arguably a better & more fluid OS. 6. Larger Screen. 7. Better Video Playback. 8. bigger screen.
    I'm sorry dude, but sometimes bigger isn't that much better. When are you gonna have the time to play with all 200k apps, cos the battery will die a lot quicker. It's kinda funny how people want all these things in their phones and still are never satisfied once they get it. So as I said bigger isn't always better unless you're compensating.

01-12-11 07:15 PM
    While the iPhone OS is very smooth, I just can't see going to that platform for many reasons, the sealed battery being a major one. Love my BB and I have no intention of switching but I may look at a secondary Android device down the line when I'm eligible for an upgrade.
    The battery is NOT sealed on the 4. The process to change out the battery is simple - the 2 screws at the bottom, slide off the back, pop off the battery connector, and viola the battery comes out. *entertain this at your own risk*

That being said, I am contemplating the ip4...decisions, decisions...
    01-12-11 08:26 PM
    Have absolutely no interest in an iPhone or a Playbook either.
    01-12-11 09:04 PM
    We talked about it earlier and pretty much decided that we are keeping the Storm2 AND the old iPhone 3G for now. Gonna wait and see what Apple and VZW plan to do around June I think. However, if our 3G bites it between now and then we will probably replace it with the VZW iP4. Two things are for sure though...we will NOT get another iPhone on AT&T (which is why we still have the old 3G now), and there's not a chance in you know where that my Storm2 will be replaced by one. I see a possible futre of the Storm being replaced by one of the upcoming 4G Droids and then later the iPhone by the next version that VZW gets.

But anything can change...
    01-12-11 09:45 PM
    I'll wait until August when my upgrade comes due. By then the iP5 will be out and maybe have LTE by then.
    01-12-11 10:30 PM
    Are you keeping your blackberry now that an iPhone is available?
    Nope! Sick of my BB, going to switch in May or whenever I can. BB is totally behind the times, IMHO. I need a device that actually has a decent web browser. BBs are awful in that regard. Can't tell you how many times I've nearly smashed by BB on the ground in frustration. RIM is going to get reamed now that more than AT&T can carry iPhones.
    01-12-11 10:52 PM
    I'll wait until August when my upgrade comes due. By then the iP5 will be out and maybe have LTE by then.
    I have a feeling that VZW won't see the iPhone 5 or and LTE iPhone this year...
    We shall see.
    01-12-11 11:18 PM
    I originally went with BB because it could travel to Europe. No, I don't do that very often but it was great two summers ago. Three weeks of terrific data access and the occasional phone call. The iphone won't do that. While I've seen it mentioned, as others have noted, you cannot browse and call at the same time so it loses a feature or two moving to the Verizon network.
    01-12-11 11:46 PM
    I have a feeling that VZW won't see the iPhone 5 or and LTE iPhone this year...
    We shall see.
    No, maybe not, but I have a feeling that we will see a 4G LTE Droid Bionic in Q2 this year.
    01-13-11 10:24 AM
    No, maybe not, but I have a feeling that we will see a 4G LTE Droid Bionic in Q2 this year.
    And that's what I'm waiting for. Oh yeah! (Kool-Aid man voice)

01-13-11 12:11 PM
    I'm sorry dude, but sometimes bigger isn't that much better. When are you gonna have the time to play with all 200k apps, cos the battery will die a lot quicker. It's kinda funny how people want all these things in their phones and still are never satisfied once they get it. So as I said bigger isn't always better unless you're compensating.

You missed the rest:
    In addition:
    Video calling, non truncated emails, better browser, more memory, OTA backup/restore, simultaneous voice/data on VZW, 1930 mah battery, Tegra 2 dual core processor, QHD screen at 960X540, 4G network LTE, Free audible turn by turn Google Navigation, HD recording and playback, HDMI out.

I've been *very satisfied with all my phones (Nokia 3620, LG enV, 8330 etc). Every one! But after one or two years with it, when new technology and features are available, I like to upgrade to have those new features, options, capabilities.

And let's face it, Android users are just plain geekier. And that's hot.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-11 at 02:02 PM.
    01-13-11 02:00 PM
    You missed the rest:
    In addition:
    Video calling, non truncated emails, better browser, more memory, OTA backup/restore, simultaneous voice/data on VZW, 1930 mah battery, Tegra 2 dual core processor, QHD screen at 960X540, 4G network LTE, Free audible turn by turn Google Navigation, HD recording and playback, HDMI out.

I've been *very satisfied with all my phones (Nokia 3620, LG enV, 8330 etc). Every one! But after one or two years with it, when new technology and features are available, I like to upgrade to have those new features, options, capabilities.

And let's face it, Android users are just plain geekier. And that's hot.

Oy vay.
    01-13-11 03:05 PM
    what is verizon realeasing within in the next 2 months thats a blackberry?!

i still have the storm 1 ... only thing my phone is good for is answering and hanging up calls.

ever since i got my first blackberry ... i promised i would never get anything else and i plan on sticking to that unless RIM doesnt make any moves soon !

my contract has been up since august and i can upgrade at anytime, its just i dont know how much longer i am going to be pateint

i really hope i dont have to restort to getting the iphone.
    Last edited by h.mario4; 01-13-11 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-13-11 03:59 PM
    I will not leave Blackberry for an iPhone (or Android). But I would leave VZW for another carrier if they don't offer the next generation Storm. It's not even a decision I have to think about.

I also still have my original Storm 1 and since those first few frustrating months before the OS was upgraded, I have been very happy with it. The lack of memory is at times frustrating, but as I learned how to best optimize it over time (was my first BB), it has worked almost flawlessly for all the things I need/want in a phone.

For a time, I thought I would want an iPhone if it ever came to VZW, so I bought an iPod Touch to have access to some of the apps. While I enjoy playing a few games on it, I would not want this platform to be my phone/data/email resource.

RIM had me at my first BBM "hello". Not interested in any other phone, but I hope VZW will show a little more love to BB soon.
    01-15-11 02:11 PM
    Nope. As soon as I can get the iPhone, I'm gone.
    01-16-11 02:35 PM
    What's funny is I just spoke with a Verizon rep and they think its funny how people are slobbering all over the iPhone. She said Verizon has so many devices that do more than the iPhone but people will buy it anyway. I have no problem with any platform but I do see the truth in her statement.

01-16-11 03:00 PM
    And that translates into exactly what for me? Nothing on that list would entice me to make the jump.
    well good thing than your not the average consumer. to the average consumer all of those things are very important. Tell me this. What does your BB do that android or ios doesn't do? besides BBM
    01-17-11 11:12 AM
    Not me. I'm a CrackBerry abuser through and through.
    01-17-11 11:17 AM
    The battery is NOT sealed on the 4. The process to change out the battery is simple - the 2 screws at the bottom, slide off the back, pop off the battery connector, and viola the battery comes out. *entertain this at your own risk*

That being said, I am contemplating the ip4...decisions, decisions...
    LOL! Good luck with the decision. And thanks for the info. One of many reasons eliminated, lol.
    01-17-11 02:05 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD