01-17-11 02:05 PM
49 12
tools
    The blog has this as a main article, but I think the forum should sound off as well. Which phone are you using now? Will you switch?

I'm still using the original Storm 1. I desperately need an upgrade, but I don't want an iPhone. My wife has the Bold 9650, she may switch to the iPhone.

Personally, I love the blackberry. BBM, email, everything. I could use a phone that's up to date, but even my Storm can do everything I need.
    01-11-11 11:57 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade in May. I will not own an Apple product.

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I want to stay with VZW, I want to stay with BB, and I want to stay with a touchscreen phone.:-(
    Using an upgrade on the Storm 2 just does not sound logical.
    01-11-11 12:11 PM
    Upgrade comes in March and by that time the next time iPhone will be too close to justify buying the 4. But I'm also heavily considering an Android. Sorry, but I will no longer put up with my BlackBerry.
    01-11-11 12:13 PM

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I want to stay with VZW, I want to stay with BB, and I want to stay with a touchscreen phone.:-(
    +1 I wouldn't buy anything Apple either. I am moving to Android, something tells me that RIM still won't get the touchscreen concept right ever. And the OS's for their touchscreen devices couldn't be a bigger pile of hash.
    01-11-11 12:17 PM
    I desperately need an upgrade as well. I was one of the first to get the Storm and I had to get it replaced once because my puppy tore it up.

That being said, I was eligible for upgrade back in October, but I'm waiting for the Bionic. Like I said in an earlier thread, the iPhone certainly does make it a bit harder to wait, but by the time the Bionic comes out the iPhone will seem as outdated as my Storm.
    01-11-11 12:18 PM
    No, I'm not keeping my BlackBerry. I'm switching to Android. Bionicccc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 12:24 PM
    I gave up on BB a long time ago. And I don't need to get an iPhone again, not after seeing how much more an Android can do.
    01-11-11 12:28 PM

I'm in the exact same boat but my contract was up in October. I almost threw my Storm away this weekend when the OS seemed to just break down but the recently release 1041 has seemed to resolve all the problems.

I really could use WiFi, but I can email, access WordPress, Twitter and Facebook as well as stream music and get GPS directions all with the phone I have. Not sure what else I need at this moment given the options out there. Not interested in Android as I'm addicted to BBM groups.
    01-11-11 12:46 PM
    I am on the fence between the I-phone and the Droid Pro. Droid Pro because of the Qwerty keyboard and the I-phone because we already have interfaces for I-pod touches etc. My head unit in my vehicle and my receiver both have interfaces with full control over the device for video and music. Makes things simple and neat.
    01-11-11 12:48 PM
    I'm on a Bold 9650 with Vzw right now-just upped my contract in Dec'10 so I'm locked till Aug.2012 & I'm fine with that. When 2012 comes I will see what BlackBerry's are avail. I will be staying berry, I enjoy its functions & how the OS works. I don't need the "latest & greatest" in droid or iPhone. I'm content where I am

01-11-11 01:44 PM
    I'm on a Bold 9650 with Vzw right now-just upped my contract in Dec'10 so I'm locked till Aug.2012 & I'm fine with that. When 2012 comes I will see what BlackBerry's are avail. I will be staying berry, I enjoy its functions & how the OS works. I don't need the "latest & greatest" in droid or iPhone. I'm content where I am

That'll only give you 4 months with your next device.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-11-11 at 02:41 PM.
    01-11-11 01:51 PM
    No SIM, no LTE, no iToy for me.

01-11-11 02:20 PM
    You might want to check out the Droid Bionic coming to VZW.
    01-11-11 03:36 PM
    You might want to check out the Droid Bionic coming to VZW.
    Specs wise it's an awesome phone, but not having BBM is a huge drawback for me. Plus, you can quote processors and all that, but what can it do that a blackberry can't? What features does it have that I don't currently have and would want?

Other than Angry Birds.
    01-11-11 04:03 PM
    Specs wise it's an awesome phone, but not having BBM is a huge drawback for me. Plus, you can quote processors and all that, but what can it do that a blackberry can't? What features does it have that I don't currently have and would want?

Other than Angry Birds.
    It has 1. Better camera. 2. Touch screen. 3. Almost 200k apps. 4. Widgets. 5. Arguably a better & more fluid OS. 6. Larger Screen. 7. Better Video Playback. 8. bigger screen.
    01-11-11 05:24 PM
    It has 1. Better camera. 2. Touch screen. 3. Almost 200k apps. 4. Widgets. 5. Arguably a better & more fluid OS. 6. Larger Screen. 7. Better Video Playback. 8. bigger screen.
    And that translates into exactly what for me? Nothing on that list would entice me to make the jump.
    01-11-11 06:02 PM
    Can't see the forest from the trees
    01-11-11 06:28 PM
    For now, I'm good with BB. The current IPhone being offered by Verizon is no big deal to me, since it won't be fully functional (able to use data and voice at the same time) because it's on a CDMA network. So, VZW users are NOT going to be able to use their phones in the same way that AT&T users are.

That's just me... if I have a phone that currently serves my needs, I don't automatically make the switch just to have whatever is new. But until and unless there's an iPhone made that is FULLY functional on CDMA, I'd have no reason to consider it. My main priority for a smartPHONE is always the PHONE portion of the utility, and VZW gives more reliable service in my area.
    01-11-11 10:45 PM
    Specs wise it's an awesome phone, but not having BBM is a huge drawback for me. Plus, you can quote processors and all that, but what can it do that a blackberry can't? What features does it [Motorola Droid Bionic] have that I don't currently have and would want?

Other than Angry Birds.
    In addition:
    Video calling, non truncated emails, better browser, more memory, OTA backup/restore, simultaneous voice/data on VZW, 1930 mah battery, Tegra 2 dual core processor, QHD screen at 960X540, 4G network LTE, Free audible turn by turn Google Navigation, HD recording and playback, HDMI out.

I'm sure there's more. I'm also sure you'll say, "so what! I don't want ANY of that! I just want email, not a toy. Pfft." lol. Sure you don't.

t has 1. Better camera. 2. Touch screen. 3. Almost 200k apps. 4. Widgets. 5. Arguably a better & more fluid OS. 6. Larger Screen. 7. Better Video Playback. 8. bigger screen.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-12-11 at 06:02 AM.
    01-12-11 05:43 AM
    I'd never ditch Blackberry for iPhone. I don't know what irritates me more...iPhone users making AT&T change their Data plans to control data usage or the **** in the next cubicle telling me about all his non productive apps that cannot be applied to what WE do!

Am I going to iPhone....no... Im getting a box of tax to put in his chair. Got an app for THAT!

01-12-11 07:00 AM
    Taxes aren't due until April.

01-12-11 07:05 AM
    In addition:
    Video calling, non truncated emails, better browser, more memory, OTA backup/restore, simultaneous voice/data on VZW, 1930 mah battery, Tegra 2 dual core processor, QHD screen at 960X540, 4G network LTE, Free audible turn by turn Google Navigation, HD recording and playback, HDMI out.

I'm sure there's more. I'm also sure you'll say, "so what! I don't want ANY of that! I just want email, not a toy. Pfft." lol. Sure you don't.

so what! I don't want ANY of that! I just want email, not a toy. Pfft.

Seriously though, your response was far better than Hasan's (to which I would have said the above).

OTA Backup/restore and Audible Navigation would be nice, both of which are available on the blackberry, just at a cost.

I just don't see a benefit to a non-Blackberry that trumps having BBM. My wife and I coordinate our calenders via groups, I have professional and social groups that communicate via BBM groups as well. The ability to run flash is one thing that would entice me, but I'd still be on the fence.
    01-12-11 09:54 AM
    Google Talk is the same as BBM minus the R and D. Google Calendar syncs better than BIS does.

Agreed that there are no BBM Groups on Android/iPhone though. At least not that I know of. But I'm still with BlackBerry and haven't looked into that yet.

01-12-11 09:58 AM
    I have thought about it. I have had many BlackBerrys over the years and vie had all the iPhones except the 3G (skipped straight to the 3GS). It's a nice piece of equipment. But I always find myself coming back to the BlackBerry. Right now, I think my current combination is a perfect fit for me. I have the Curve 3G with the 16GB wifi iPad. For my browsing and non productive apps...iPad. I watch movies and stream Netflix...iPad. Email, BBM, texting, emailing, Facebook and Twitter...BlackBerry. I enjoy push notifications and a hard keyboard for all of that. If I need to look something up on the go, OS 6 browser isn't horrible and I can do it over my Curve.
    01-12-11 10:40 AM
    I'm not saying I will stick with BB forever, but the iPhone will never be a purchase I make. I think you either love or hate Apple and I am not a fan of that company for lots of reasons, but the reason I will never own an iPhone is that not being able to change the battery myself is not a feature I want in a cell phone. I don't mind a sealed battery in many devices, but the idea of not having an emergency backup battery on a phone seems crazy to me. They get lousy battery life as it is and this particular "appleism" seems unreasonable.
    01-12-11 12:03 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD