11-23-08 10:57 AM
95 1234
tools
    Yeah that program worked well for me. I originally started with a pearl and after a week wanted to upgrade to the curve due to the pearl just being to small for my liking.I guess I got in on it just in time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 06:11 PM
    But ^ is what it was intended for. You didn't go into the contract KNOWING FULL WELL you were gonna use the pearl BB until something "better" comes along.

11-14-08 06:19 PM
    No I fully intended to use the pearl, I got frustrated with the screen size and keypad. I had the option to get the pearl or curve when I first got the pearl when I renewed my contract. I did not want to spend the extra money for the curve. It was after using the pearl I then decided it would be worth the extra money for me to go with the curve.

11-14-08 06:55 PM
    I just purchased my first Blackberry a week ago. When speaking with the Verizon sales rep, she actually encouraged me to purchase a Curve and come back when the Storm was released to take advantage of the exchange (minus the $20 fee of course.)

If I like the storm better than the Curve, I wonder if I could make a case for only paying a $20 restocking fee since she just told me to do this a week ago...

11-14-08 07:15 PM
    why do all you stores hollar it costs me so much I don't make anything selling it. If that were true then everyone of you would refuse to open your doors cause you wouldn't be able to pay the lightbill muchless the employees. so drop the lies say a phone cost about 50 bucks to make then add 25% markup for profit from manufacturing then an addtional 25% for Verison corp then the 25% store markup so the store makes enough to keep going. now you up to roughly 97 bucks so they charge 99.99 with a two year contract and jump to 399.99 without a contract so they can tie you in to an agreement to make sure they have your service for atleast 2 years. I used to work in sales and noone sells nothing if they don't make a profit. Business is all about profit.
    11-14-08 07:17 PM
    I just purchased my first Blackberry a week ago. When speaking with the Verizon sales rep, she actually encouraged me to purchase a Curve and come back when the Storm was released to take advantage of the exchange (minus the $20 fee of course.)

If I like the storm better than the Curve, I wonder if I could make a case for only paying a $20 restocking fee since she just told me to do this a week ago...

I bought my Curve two weeks ago. I just looked at the paperwork again and it states there is a "$20 initiation fee will apply to all equipment exchanges or upgrades." - no verbiage about "restocking".

If there is some type of newly imposed "restocking" fee that is above and beyond what is on your paperwork - I'm sure a case could be made...
    11-14-08 07:37 PM
    Well you know Verizon somewhat encourages this buy it just to try it mentality with these stupid wait wait without a date, line-up at 6am just to get it launches. I would live the chance to go in the store play with the phone a while, read some first hand review, etc. But if I do all that lord knows when I'm going to get the phone. So what do I do work like **** to get the phone and hope I like it and it works for me, if it doesn't I return and get something that does.

Also if I'm someone with a sub par or broke phone, maybe I wouldn't mind waiting for the phone I want to be released, if they had a date. But they don't so you get what you can use and till what you want becomes available *shrug*

While I understand your plight as an employee blame it on the employer not the customers who no matter what still help to pay your salary. If we all walked you wouldn't get base let alone a commission. So pretty much with their other stupid policies VErizon forces customer to some what abuse the policies that they use to dragg us in as customers in the first place.

Re: insurance fraud. I don't agree with it but if I have to throw this phone on
    NYC subway train track to take advantage of the program I've been paying $5-6 for years for then that's where it will be.

So in your next employee meeting Thank Verizon, not us
    11-14-08 08:18 PM
    Even Apple has a 30 day return policy. And when you return an Apple product they put it out once a week as buyer's remorse along with the refurb's and offer a small discount, what a concept.

It was bad enough when I was charged $20.00 for the priviledge of buying the phone in the store, now I will have to pay a restocking fee because I am honest and I may have picked a device that did not work for me, b**s****.
    Last edited by WFLDEng636; 11-14-08 at 08:47 PM.
    11-14-08 08:43 PM
    Let's all cry a giant collective tear for poor little Verizon.

Maybe our government can also bail them out after the certain soon to be monumental collapse from their 30 Day Guarantee.

Give me a break...

I walked into a Verizon Corporate store on 10/30/008 and purchased a Curve (to replace my 3rd godawful Motorola Q that I was stuck with for 2 years) and guess what? - I'll be taking full advantage of the 30 day policy that THE SALES REP informed me of before I purchased...
    THIS. If it wasn't for the 30 day guarantee, I'd be an AT&T customer. It is not ABUSE of a policy when it is constantly advertised. And a $35 restocking fee is great: this way, it gives me a small charge for taking advantage of the 30 day guarantee and I still get to use a Curve before getting a Storm.
    11-14-08 10:05 PM
    I bought my Curve two weeks ago. I just looked at the paperwork again and it states there is a "$20 initiation fee will apply to all equipment exchanges or upgrades." - no verbiage about "restocking".

If there is some type of newly imposed "restocking" fee that is above and beyond what is on your paperwork - I'm sure a case could be made...
    It's still a transitory period. Thanks in part to the ingenuity and helpfulness VZW customers display toward one another on this forum, VZW has changed their policy to include a $35 restocking fee. Some stores are doing it; some are not.
    11-14-08 10:07 PM
    Thanks in part to the ingenuity and helpfulness VZW customers display toward one another on this forum.
    Only on this forum right? lol.

I'm sick of the people complaining about their job. I feel bad that you do not have a steady income due to the promotions YOUR business put forth. You cannot control the loopholes people use or the way they abuse the promotions. You are in sales, its out of your control. I work at a hospital people come in with no insurance all the time and get seen, and the hospital absorbs the cost and i didnt get a yearly raise last year...they delayed it an entire year....was i complaining??? Nope.

Some things are out of your hands and if you want a more steady pay find a job thats not commission based.
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 11-14-08 at 10:21 PM.
    11-14-08 10:16 PM
    As a verizon sales rep, I would like to say that the cavalier attitude towards the 30 day program on this site has lead to it discontinuing. Effective immediately, a restocking fee of $35 will apply to all exchanges. This is directly due to people on this site stating that they have no intention of keeping the curve, but buy one simply to "try out" til the storm becomes available.

Also this dummy line business is a bunch of crap. Starting a contract only to cancel so you can save a couple of bucks. Us sales reps see that and it disappears from our commision check. I can only hope Verizon will begin to bill you for the full amount of the phone after you cancel the line only after a few days.

/end rant

cry about it, your in sales. The fact VZW is doing this(which also doesnt surprise me at all) is because Verizon is a sharky money hungry company, They will be the next sprint nickle and diming people and simultaneously running the company into the ground. 30 day guarantee's are there for the customer to try the phone out, why not take advantage? Ive had many chargebacks because of this but its sales buddy, you know the policys. I only hope this further encourages people to fight back against Verizon. I get class action lawsuit letters every month about Verizon they are such garbage.
    Last edited by PittsDriver; 11-14-08 at 10:21 PM.
    11-14-08 10:18 PM
    If you don't like Verizon- simply go to another company. I respect their policy to let people test drive a phone- and that it what it is for--all other uses of this is fraud, plain and simple.
    It just seems like no one cares about right and wrong. Cheating is wrong- no matter how you justify it. Also- not everyone can pick and chose what job they have and their policies- at least these people are working and not living off of the rest of us- so lets stop taking money out of their pockets!
    11-14-08 10:46 PM
    Guess no one ever taught Verizon not to write a cheque they couldn't cash....

I've been royaly raped by carriers so many times, it'll be a cold day in heII when I feel sorry any of them. The companies themselves are crooks, no two ways about it. If they're gonna throw a bone, damn right i'm taking it (c'mon bell, throw me a frickin bone here...). As for the employees, sorry to hear your job sucks so bad. Welcome to the real world.

11-14-08 11:31 PM
    People buy things all the time and return them from stores. If you are in the business of selling things it is a part of the business you have to get used to as the owner. Now verizon should know that as a business.
    11-15-08 12:09 AM
    You can't return clothes with tags off just because you changed your mind or you want the newer model. You can't return a car because the next year came out.

11-15-08 12:13 AM
    I guarantee you that here in Texas Verison will not be charging a restocking fee for less than 30 days. The state of Texas has a law that you have 30 days to return ANYTHING regardless of the reason and the retailer IS REQUIRED to refund your money without ANY fees taken out.

Another thing to think about here People........... If your running a business, and selling your product for less than what you spend to produce it, do you think you will stay in business very long???
    All of you "SO CALLED" Verizon reps puke up a copy of an invoice from RIM showing that VZW is Paying them less for the Devices than what RIM is spending to make them!!!

AND Tomwiz did you ever think that maybe if Verizon offered a package as good as AT&T or T-Mobile or Sprint that maybe your commision check would go up?( Also if you are still working in a job that pays commission then you deserve what you get (because 99% of commission salespeople will lie and "bait and switch" to make a sale))
    I have yet to see any carrier that can match what I get with AT&T.
    11-15-08 12:29 AM
    I take offense to Tom throwing responsibility for this restocking fee solely onto the shoulders of Crackberry-ers... Yeah, I'm sure that this one forum's conversations has led Verizon to reevaluate and change their long advertised policies!!

If THAT were the case they would have unlocked GPS a long time ago!! Puh-lease!

Tom, if you don't like your commission pay structure then find another job!! But blaming Crackberry.com for your problem is ridiculous and asinine!!

That being said, I'm sure there are dishonest people using the policy to take advantage of Verizon. They probably didn't walk into Crackberry forums and go from moral, upright, honest citizens to thieving, slippery ingrates just by reading the posts in the Verizon forum... Give me a break!!

11-15-08 12:50 AM
    Also if you are still working in a job that pays commission then you deserve what you get (because 99% of commission salespeople will lie and "bait and switch" to make a sale)
    I take offense to this!!! My husband has worked on commission for years and he does NOT pull the crap you say. In fact he was one of the highest paid sales people because he told the customers straight up what the circumstances were. Not every sales person is like the used car salesman - because it hurts them in the long run.

Fine be pissed off at corporate America but don't belittle someone who is just doing there job.

11-15-08 12:51 AM
    so the small percentage of people who abuse the system yet again ruin things for the rest of us =[. you would think since verizon IS the best they would not take a privilege away from us. i work in sales too buddy, dont blame all of us for your problems. i return stuff from 2005 for idiots all the time... it just happens. what verizon needs to do and what you really should be complaining about is verizon should if an item is "used" or non resellable they should return it in such a way that it does not take from your commission, it is not OUR fault verizon does that. its not like people sit there and say "yea im gonna wait 29 days and take that guys commission away yay!!!" i mean dont they buy a NEW phone so that generates more commission for you.
    11-15-08 02:32 AM
    i mean dont they buy a NEW phone so that generates more commission for you.
    No it takes commission away from the original sales person and gives it to the new one.

If you are taking returns from 2005 that is your fault.

11-15-08 07:43 AM
    If we are allowed to get the discounted price for the new phone I would not mind paying the restock fee. But not allowing someone to buy a new phone without paying full price for 2 years, is a bad policy also.
    11-15-08 07:59 AM
    You can't return clothes with tags off just because you changed your mind or you want the newer model. You can't return a car because the next year came out.

Actually you can, try some of the better higher end stores like Macy's, Nordstom, or Lord and Taylors. YOu can bring back stuff without tags, washed and worn. If you bring back a worn pair of shoes to Nordstroms and say "oh the heel didn't last as long as i thought it should" they will replace those shoes. Often even without a receipt.
    11-15-08 08:23 AM
    This is f-in' ridiculous!!! Quit trying to blame your financial problems on CB(though it did humor me)...Your CORPORATION made the policy..no? Well then could it be likely you are directing your feeling on the wrong group of people?

OR...OR!!! Maybe you could be a better sales person and talk them in to keeping the line when they come back?
    11-15-08 08:46 AM
    Whew what a thread!!!! LoL.
    11-15-08 09:16 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD