11-23-08 10:57 AM
95 123 ...
tools
    As a verizon sales rep, I would like to say that the cavalier attitude towards the 30 day program on this site has lead to it discontinuing. Effective immediately, a restocking fee of $35 will apply to all exchanges. This is directly due to people on this site stating that they have no intention of keeping the curve, but buy one simply to "try out" til the storm becomes available.

Also this dummy line business is a bunch of crap. Starting a contract only to cancel so you can save a couple of bucks. Us sales reps see that and it disappears from our commision check. I can only hope Verizon will begin to bill you for the full amount of the phone after you cancel the line only after a few days.

/end rant
    11-14-08 11:39 AM
    Useless post.
    11-14-08 11:44 AM
    I'm stating the reasons why verizon is changing and will continue to change the policies. Abuse of a good program by a few ruins it for all. Most don't realize that a phone is a subsidized cost. It costs these companies more than they sell it to you for. Most make up the cost of the phone after about 6 months (on an adda line)
    11-14-08 11:46 AM
    i agree that this site seems to encourage misuse of the 30 days. There are legitimate reasons to return something but just trying out the curve until the storm/bold is not one of them.

Also disturbed by people who abuse the warranty or insurance. Some will do modifications to their BB (like change housing),something goes wrong and the carrier is supposed to bail thm out.

All of the 'practices' only drive up the costs of everything until the programs aren't viable
    11-14-08 11:53 AM
    bullsh*t. the Storm does not cost $600 to make...you may be a "Sales rep"...but i am an electrical engineer. no chance in ****
    11-14-08 11:55 AM
    As a verizon sales rep, I would like to say that the cavalier attitude towards the 30 day program on this site has lead to it discontinuing. Effective immediately, a restocking fee of $35 will apply to all exchanges. This is directly due to people on this site stating that they have no intention of keeping the curve, but buy one simply to "try out" til the storm becomes available.

Also this dummy line business is a bunch of crap. Starting a contract only to cancel so you can save a couple of bucks. Us sales reps see that and it disappears from our commision check. I can only hope Verizon will begin to bill you for the full amount of the phone after you cancel the line only after a few days.

/end rant
    You know, at first glance, I was gonna offer up a smart *** response, but you're right.
    I feel for you, working off of a commission and getting it yanked away from you because someone is working the system.
    I heard the restocking fee was coming and it is too bad, the 30 test drive is a damn good deal for most consumers looking to try out a certain phone or the service.
    That being said, I know you needed a place to vent, but no one here encourages that type of swapping out, as a matter of fact, usually it's ignored or the poster gets flamed for doing it...
    I'm sure to help make amends, there's alot of vzw customers on here that would be more than happy to get their new storm from you if you put out the offer,. I also know there's alot of reps on here from vzw and everyone else that feel your pain.
    11-14-08 11:56 AM
    I agree that there seems to more than a fair amount of folks that try to scam vendors but I feel that 99% of the CB members are honest and don't cheat. The balance that do cheat are probably politicians and don't count anyways.
    Does seem to me though that someone must have pis&*!sed in Tom's Wheaties this morning.
    11-14-08 11:59 AM
    Well I see both points of view, and was feelin for ya to a point until you said that it costs them more than what their sellin to us for, what a bunch of crap that is. Lost me feelin sorry at that point.
    11-14-08 12:02 PM
    I think its just that I started on this site a couple of weeks ago and have been wondering how and why my check has been shrinking and it seems like this happens with BB people 10x more than most. Its kind of like the old costco warranty, great until a few abused it. A couple of my buds are sales reps for indirect (authorized) verizon dealers and I feel the worst for them...the storm may not cost them $600...but I can tell you for damn sure it costs them above $400
    11-14-08 12:03 PM
    Really? Are you sure it's not your co-workers from Verizon telling their customers to do it, and then suggesting insurance fraud if they scratch their phone?

Actually, if you want to get technical, I work for VZW also, and you are talking about the Worry Free Guarantee (WFG). If you're exchanging a device within 30 days. It's called the WFG. A Test Drive is actually trying out the service then porting out your number, then having VZW pay for the calls you made.

Also, you could get a replacement Curve via Asurion replacement. Asurion covers lost/stolen/damage. If you're that anal, then you could hang onto the phone, claim it as lost, then file insurance... then keep the "scratched" phone as spare parts.
    From this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/all...uestion-86886/
    11-14-08 12:27 PM
    the whole asurion thing is a problem in and of itself. Asurion is a seperate entity from verizon. But I agree its troublesome and has to stop.
    11-14-08 12:33 PM
    bullsh*t. the Storm does not cost $600 to make...you may be a "Sales rep"...but i am an electrical engineer. no chance in ****
    It might not cost $600 to make but, they sell them for more then what they make them for. They would be out of business if they didn't. I"m not sure what there price is yet, since they r not out yet.
    The Curve cost my store $415, so I think the Storm will be more then that.

oh, all u zvw workers, r u a direct or indirect agent?

and for the test drive, well I guess it doesn't bother me that much, people will try to get a way with anything now days, just can't let it bother u.

oh, and I think the restocking fee is only in the corporate stores because we do not charge a restocking fee.
    Last edited by juan1158; 11-14-08 at 01:11 PM.
    11-14-08 01:03 PM
    Well I see both points of view, and was feelin for ya to a point until you said that it costs them more than what their sellin to us for, what a bunch of crap that is. Lost me feelin sorry at that point.
    You are probably right about the cost of production, but I used to manage a store, and I have seen the actual invoice price that providers such as Verizon and T-Mobile pay for phones - - they do indeed charge you less for the phone than what they pay the manufacturers for the phones. Hence the ETF to compensate a provider for the discount they give your when you sign a one year or two year agreement and break the agreement. They don't make a profit on the phones, period. Try buying a phone retail from a source other than a provider and see what you pay - do a quick Google search and you'll get an idea of the REAL COST of a phone.

Don't forget the manufacturers have to make a profit on their phones or you won't get any new ones with all the features you clamor for.
    Last edited by Dawg357; 11-15-08 at 05:13 PM.
    11-14-08 01:11 PM
    I'm glad this happened because there are countless threads on people abusing this "loophole." And being encouraged to do so.

The people who do these things have this sense of entitlement. Then when it gets yanked they throw their hissy fits. Consequences for everything folks. That's life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 02:10 PM
    Second that motion from a fellow RSR. Good to know others feel it in our wallets whenever someone types Full Retail
    11-14-08 03:45 PM
    Never said it cost $600 to make, said that's what VZW pays..

the storm may not cost them $600...but I can tell you for damn sure it costs them above $400
    True. Why do people to continue to think that VZW (or any provider) is in cahoots with RIM, LG, Motorola, etc? VZW buys the product from RIM and resells it to the consumer. RIM makes money by selling their product to carriers. VZW has to buy them and resell them cheap enough that consumers don't throw a fit at the price. In addition, each time you exchange your phone for a warranty replacement, where do you think those come from? AT RELEASE, you think we've already had some returned? No, the first batch of refurbs are actually NEW, from there, the refurbs don't just sit in the return bin and wait to be handed out again. They get sent off (paid by VZW) tested (paid by VZW) then fixed (paid by VZW) then re-tested (paid by VZW) then repackaged and shipped back to a store (paid by VZW) to give to someone who only complains that it's a refurb.
    I don't know about you guys, but if I call Time Warner Cable and tell them my TV's volume isn't working properly, they'll tell me to call Samsung and bill me with or without a working TV. All carriers lose money on devices, they make it all up in services.
    While I agree with most of what is said here from the reps side, it drives me nuts when people think VZW gets these phones dirt cheap from RIM and "stick it to the customer." People abuse carriers for "refurbs" all the time when the damage is their fault (if it really is damaged at all) and while I am almost embarrassed by all VZW's fees, etc, it's not surprising..
    11-14-08 04:03 PM
    I for one am glad to see this. I have said before that this would happen. I have been jumped on more than once by people bragging about abusing the system.

11-14-08 04:16 PM
    Let's all cry a giant collective tear for poor little Verizon.

Maybe our government can also bail them out after the certain soon to be monumental collapse from their 30 Day Guarantee.

Give me a break...

I walked into a Verizon Corporate store on 10/30/008 and purchased a Curve (to replace my 3rd godawful Motorola Q that I was stuck with for 2 years) and guess what? - I'll be taking full advantage of the 30 day policy that THE SALES REP informed me of before I purchased...
    11-14-08 05:11 PM
    Case in point ^^ entitlement

11-14-08 05:25 PM
    Case in point ^^ entitlement

Yup.

I sign the contract and pay the monthly fees therefore I am ENTITLED to participate in any policies that are ADVERTISED by the company.

I'm playing by the rules - spare me the holier-than-thou attitude.
    11-14-08 05:38 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking cerealkiller!
    Last edited by vndlewis; 11-14-08 at 05:48 PM.
    11-14-08 05:45 PM
    I understand where your coming from and a lot of people do indeed abuse the system, just like anything else, but at the same time, VZW makes no stipulations on the test drive offer. I almost opened a line with a curve, ONLY because i sent my curve to Colorware, and i didnt want to be without a blackberry, and i would have returned it in the week that i got my BB back. The only thing that kept me from doing it was annoying sales reps hounding me to keep the line when i returned it, and ended up buying a cheap VZW prepaid.

And i pay monthly for my warranty...you better bet if anything happens to my newly colorwared BB i will be using it to get a new one. And if something happens i will switch out to oem housing and i will bring it to VZW to get it fixed. If i'm paying 5.99 a month, i will use my warranty in any way needed.

All industries are hurting now, you are in a business which apparently depends on commission so i feel bad for you, but as a consumer getting raped every month by VZW on my bill, i fully intend on using my TEC and the silly test drive as i please

&& on top of all this, i have bought more full retail price phones from verizon in the last 3 years than i can count on both hands, so i am not one to balk at subsidized pricing. And not for nothing when you try to go in and buy a phone full retail and you are a young lady they look at you like u have five heads like "you KNOW this is 439.99" or whatever and im like yea im not dumb i looked into this already heres the money give me the phone....they rather you open a new line then sell it to you full retail and i think thats crap.
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 11-14-08 at 05:53 PM.
    11-14-08 05:45 PM
    Let's all cry a giant collective tear for poor little Verizon.

Maybe our government can also bail them out after the certain soon to be monumental collapse from their 30 Day Guarantee.

Give me a break...

I walked into a Verizon Corporate store on 10/30/008 and purchased a Curve (to replace my 3rd godawful Motorola Q that I was stuck with for 2 years) and guess what? - I'll be taking full advantage of the 30 day policy that THE SALES REP informed me of before I purchased...

I hope you don't get hit with the restocking fee....between that and the price difference between the curve and storm, i'd hate to be in the store for that dramatic scene...
    11-14-08 05:51 PM
    Effective immediately? Verizon had the restocking fee 6 months ago. I originally bought an enV2 and hated it. I switched to the Curve 6 days later. I had to pay a restocking fee. And ya know what, I was willing to pay it to get rid of that god awful phone!

11-14-08 05:56 PM
    I hope you don't get hit with the restocking fee....between that and the price difference between the curve and storm, i'd hate to be in the store for that dramatic scene...
    Ok - do any other internet psychologists care to chime in on why I would cause a "dramatic scene"?

If I have to pay a restocking fee so be it.

11-14-08 06:09 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD