I searched like heck on this site but its giving me a headache. I can connect to the wap version of messenger, but trying to use yahoo from app world, it won't connect. Any ideas? Ihave tried to installs, battery pulls setting all permissions to allow, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:34 PM
    Have you tried using the Desktop Manager to remove the app then re-install it? Make sure you set permissions also.
    08-15-09 08:27 AM
    It's been happening to most everyone as of late. It seems like its going around in waves. Happened to me a few days ago, I deleted the app, re-installed it and it still wouldnt work. Woke up the next morning and it worked fine. Yahoo may be updating something on their end and its just happening in waves, or so it seems.
    08-15-09 10:39 AM
    I had a gal w/ a Tour who couldnt get her email to go to her yahoo; it was wierd her others were working; all settings were fine; she got the test messages from me but not from herself. I have a feeling yahoo is "yahoo" crazy.
    Hope it starts working. If not I'd call BB ( if you want to pay $50 for them to tell you its yahoo or your carrier ) or try to contact yahoo for however help THAT will do you.
    08-15-09 11:02 AM
    Wow - I thought everyone knew about the Y! upgrades. Start below:

New Yahoo!

Works fine for me.
    08-15-09 12:12 PM
    That would work too! I dont use yahoo and so thats prolly why I didnt know.
    THANKS!
    08-15-09 12:24 PM
    That would work too! I dont use yahoo and so thats prolly why I didnt know.
    THANKS!
    It's okay - I don't like IMs - but that Yahoo setup works well enough on my BlackBerrys, complete with Messenger.

Yahoo knows the resources are being squeezed on BlackBerry, and coupled with the reports that say the average BlackBerry user only regularly accesses email, text & browser, they rolled it all into one little portal. Separate apps often get ignored or under used. Not too bad a setup, really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD