I'm usually connected to Yahoo Instant Messenger (blackberry application, NOT VZW application) for most of the day and have very few issues other than the occasional error. Today, all of a sudden, it is taking forever to log on, and then eventually a message comes up that says "cannot connect to server" with a countdown until it reconnects. It never actually does connect. I've been trying for about four hours now.

Is this a problem with Verizon? The application? I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program twice now, and am still encountering the same issue. I'm afraid to call Verizon to ask them, because I feel like I'm going to be told to download the VZW app before they can help me, and I'd rather not do that (....data vs. text charges)

Thanks for any help you may have.
    12-05-08 11:57 PM
    There have been many posts about this. Yahoo is doing maintenance and nobody can connect regardless of phone or carrier. Just have to wait it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:13 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I didn't search hard enough. Sorry to be redundant!

Hopefully this doesn't take long...it's the lifeline to an over-seas relationship. haha
    12-06-08 12:22 AM
    No Problem.. Good luck. You try Aim?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:55 AM
    It was working fine today! I was on this afternoon but then it died....
    12-06-08 01:16 AM
    yes now there back up should work now..

they did major upgrades apparently
    12-06-08 05:01 AM
    I didn't try AIM, as my boyfriend in Ireland doesn't use it anyway. But I did try to connect this morning and it worked. I didn't stay connected for any length of time, as I'm currently at my computer, but I plan on going out later on and trying to connect for a while. Fingers are crossed.

Thanks again!
    12-06-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD