Today was the first time I accessed my online statement to find that vzw had me on the BES plan since may when I specifically asked and was told I was on the BIS plan. I know I should have been more diligent in checking my info. I guess I took the employee's word for it that she entered my info correctly. Boy was I wrong. Just puttin it out there so no one else ends up payin' more than they should.

CHECK YOUR PLAN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Ponderous; 08-04-08 at 11:16 PM.
    08-04-08 10:16 PM
    Are you paying more for BES vs BIS? I'm a bit confused because I thought BIS was for individuals and BES for businesses/companies...etc. So you've lost me.
    08-04-08 10:19 PM
    You should call and talk to someone, if you know the name of the person you spoke to, you may be able to get a credit.

08-04-08 10:20 PM
    Are you paying more for BES vs BIS? I'm a bit confused because I thought BIS was for individuals and BES for businesses/companies...etc. So you've lost me.

BES plans includes BIS as well so this was possible to happen. Just the OP was not using the BES part but being charged for it.
    08-04-08 10:22 PM
    How long has this been happening?
    08-04-08 10:27 PM
    Since May I believe.

08-04-08 10:50 PM
    No need to be confused. The bundled voice/data Blackberry plans you see listed online and in stores are BES automatically. So, unless you're buying a BB and are "adding" data to your plan because you want to keep a cheaper voice package you have that's the only time you'd want to specify BIS as apposed to BES if you have no need for the business plan.

Oh yeah, and most of the ******* that work for VZW don't know there's a specific BIS only plan available. Last time I checked, it's not even listed as an option on the online forums. It's just the expensive BES option and the 25MB plan (which is useless). Sometimes, and worse, the VZW reps even confuse the 25MB plan for the BIS plan.
    08-04-08 10:53 PM
    The same thing happened to me when I purchased my BB on the Verizon website. I was pissed that this happened because I know for a fact that I did not choose BES. It's like Verizon is trying to rip us off

08-04-08 10:58 PM
    No need to be confused. The bundled voice/data Blackberry plans you see listed online and in stores are BES automatically. So, unless you're buying a BB and are "adding" data to your plan because you want to keep a cheaper voice package you have that's the only time you'd want to specify BIS as apposed to BES if you have no need for the business plan.

Oh yeah, and most of the ******* that work for VZW don't know there's a specific BIS only plan available. Last time I checked, it's not even listed as an option on the online forums. It's just the expensive BES option and the 25MB plan (which is useless). Sometimes, and worse, the VZW reps even confuse the 25MB plan for the BIS plan.
    Personally I take offense to that statement.

As for the person that was provisoned incorrectly, I would call and if needed talk to a supervisor about your situation. They may not go all the way back to may, as it is the customers responsiblilty to review the bill as well. But I am sure that something can be worked out.
    08-04-08 11:00 PM
    This happened to me as well, and I hear about it more and more.

08-04-08 11:03 PM
    It's definitely a marketing scam

08-04-08 11:06 PM
    Yeah. They gave me back one of the two months that I already paid for BES.

08-04-08 11:10 PM
    Good to hear they worked with you, some other carriers may not even have done that.
    08-04-08 11:16 PM
    Personally I take offense to that statement.
    Unless you're one of those untrained VZW people that don't know a Blackberry from a strawberry then you have no reason to be offended. Be happy you're above the rest.
    08-05-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD