I've been a fan of touch screens since they started, but I'm starting to get tired of my Blackberry Storm's touchscreen. It's an awesome but I want a hard keyboard and a phone that will be getting OS6.

I've had my Storm since November, and i've taken great care of it...a few scuffs on the back cover but it can be replaced.

Would Verizon let me exchange it for a NEW Blackberry Curve 8900? Or would I have to get a refurbished one? Or will they not let me exchange at all?
    08-05-10 02:19 PM
    Curve 8900 is not on Verizon, so no they won't. Even if they had 8900, you only have 30 days to do an exchange.
    08-05-10 02:20 PM
    Alright, thanks plkcable.

My 2nd choice was the Bold, how do you like yours?

Also, since I can't exchange, how do I go about unlocking (I'm assuming) so I can sell it somewhere else?

Sorry if these questions are annoying, I've never wanted a new phone before an upgrade :X
    08-05-10 02:30 PM
    Alright, thanks plkcable.

My 2nd choice was the Bold, how do you like yours?

Also, since I can't exchange, how do I go about unlocking (I'm assuming) so I can sell it somewhere else?

Sorry if these questions are annoying, I've never wanted a new phone before an upgrade :X

You can call Verizon and tell them that you are planning to travel abroad and will use a local SIM card. They will then transfer you to Global Support and take you through the steps to unlock your phone.
    08-05-10 05:10 PM
    No because there is no such thing as a Curve 8900. (n)

You can ask for an 8530 or the Curve 2. But it depends how long ago you got it. If you got it recently and you call a few times about the touch screen problem, they will prob just send you a refurb from warranty. Your chances are very slim, but goodluck
    08-05-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD