10-10-09 02:00 PM
42 12
tools
    I love people who bounce from carrier to carrier because they weren't allowed an exception.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:52 PM
    the only thing ill say is if u don't work in the cell phone industry, u don't know how things work. It doesn't matter how long u been a custy a 2 year contract is a 2 year contract. I understand that phone sometime don't work properly but most phones I see at the store level are not in decent conditions. Phones will work well if people take care of them. And with blackberries phone u have to do the updates to them when the updates are available if u don't most service providers will ask u do that before they can do trouble shooting.

and the last thing a do want to say is that at the store level most of the people that work there are commission base, so if we give thing out for free or do early upgrades when there are not able to do it. that commission base person wont get paid n I will not take food away from my kids to make people happy that's the way a look at it

the company I work for back charges for almost every thing that is return to the rep that sold the being phones or data so yeah most store wont do early updates if it does not apply
    10-08-09 06:57 PM
    I love people who bounce from carrier to carrier because they weren't allowed an exception.

I'm not going to go into the whole story, but there were other factors in my decision to switch...not being able to upgrade, being charged for an "extra" line when the family plan comes with TWO (which is what I had, and they would not remove it), and the overall price of the plan:

I had with VZW a Dare and an EnV2:
    1400 minute family plan- about $90
    "extra" line charge?- $9.99
    VCAST pak(for data)- $15
    500 texts package- $10 I think x2
    Insurance- $6 x2

With Sprint:

Two BB Curves:
    1500 minute family plan- $129.99
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Text
    Sprint TV- free
    Navigation- free
    Insurance- $7 x2
    $133/month with fees

SO, about the same as what I was paying with VZW for two regular phones...for the same things I have with Sprint, it would have been over $200/month with VZW.

So, I don't "bounce from carrier to carrier because I wasn't allowed an exception"....I bounce because I got better phones, better customer service (IMO), all at a better rate.
    10-08-09 07:12 PM
    As long as they keep the S1 in the OS upgrade loop i'll keep it until im eligible to upgrade, however i plan to get the wife a netbook that she wants so bad from vzw probably for christmas...i'll ask if they'll consider it then just to have one contract vs. 2 separate ones. If they say yes great if not...o well i'll just plow on with it.
    10-08-09 07:20 PM
    Your story is full of holes.

10-08-09 08:05 PM
    I would love to know how MY story is full of holes...

10-08-09 08:08 PM
    They're making you pay for two lines for no reason? Yeah, ok...

10-08-09 08:35 PM
    They said something about the plan being $80 plus $9.99 for the extra line brings it to $90...you tell me, I'm just glad I'm no longer with them.

10-08-09 08:43 PM
    I got both of my upgrades early due to problems. First time no matter what I did the phone wouldn't hold a charge and the second time the earpiece wouldn't work. Could only hear calls on speaker. The 2nd time it was 4 months early. They have always been real nice and helpful with stuff like that.
    10-09-09 10:01 AM
    I'm not going to go into the whole story, but there were other factors in my decision to switch...not being able to upgrade, being charged for an "extra" line when the family plan comes with TWO (which is what I had, and they would not remove it), and the overall price of the plan:

I had with VZW a Dare and an EnV2:
    1400 minute family plan- about $90
    "extra" line charge?- $9.99
    VCAST pak(for data)- $15
    500 texts package- $10 I think x2
    Insurance- $6 x2
    It does seem to me that you got a better deal from Sprint so that is great! I always try to shop for good deals myself but around my house VZW has the best coverage so I stick with them. I did want to ask you about your list of charges from VZW though. In your formula here you seem to have some errors in your math or maybe I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

90(plan)+15(vcast)+20(2 text packages)+12(insurance)=137

The 9.99 extra line would have made it 146.99 before tax and fees.

I know the way the charges are listed on my bill it looks funny because they charge me for a primary line then 2 add on lines but if you add them up it is the same amount the plan lists on the VZW website. For example I have the select family plan with 3 total lines which costs 109.98 according to the site before all other fees. Now I am only talking about the lines and not extra features here. My bill shows
    90(primary)+9.99(second)+9.99(third)=109.98

Could you have just read the bill wrong? I know I did at first but once I looked at it closer I realized it was my error and not theirs.
    10-09-09 11:00 AM
    It does seem to me that you got a better deal from Sprint so that is great! I always try to shop for good deals myself but around my house VZW has the best coverage so I stick with them. I did want to ask you about your list of charges from VZW though. In your formula here you seem to have some errors in your math or maybe I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

90(plan)+15(vcast)+20(2 text packages)+12(insurance)=137

The 9.99 extra line would have made it 146.99 before tax and fees.

I know the way the charges are listed on my bill it looks funny because they charge me for a primary line then 2 add on lines but if you add them up it is the same amount the plan lists on the VZW website. For example I have the select family plan with 3 total lines which costs 109.98 according to the site before all other fees. Now I am only talking about the lines and not extra features here. My bill shows
    90(primary)+9.99(second)+9.99(third)=109.98

Could you have just read the bill wrong? I know I did at first but once I looked at it closer I realized it was my error and not theirs.
    You're right, I added that up in my head real quick...my bad. That was from memory also, haven't had VZW in a few months now.....but that's essentially what the bill was every month for a LONG time.
    10-09-09 09:39 PM
    They said something about the plan being $80 plus $9.99 for the extra line brings it to $90...you tell me, I'm just glad I'm no longer with them.

Yes, its 80 for the primary and 9.99 for the secondary. The book lists it for 89.99 for a family share(first 2 lines.) You werent being charged anything incorrectly you just cant read or listen when the rep explained it to you.

We love when customers like you leave because you guys are more of a headache then you are worth.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-10-09 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Flame
    10-10-09 09:19 AM
    What a bunch of bs if I've ever heard so myself. I'm on my 4th BB storm, Verizon will not, I mean will not in upstate,NY allow u to get outta this pos for all the tea in China.

You can complain till the cows come home. All the reps that I have talk to have a new come back line when u mention the phone is sh**t. Oh really, I love mine, wouldn't trade it for nothing. Give me a break!

I have tried to upgrade on a bi-weekly basis, no go, no how.

I've been with verizon for well over 12 yrs now. When my contract is up, I'll never look back!!
    10-10-09 10:40 AM
    What a bunch of bs if I've ever heard so myself. I'm on my 4th BB storm, Verizon will not, I mean will not in upstate,NY allow u to get outta this pos for all the tea in China.

You can complain till the cows come home. All the reps that I have talk to have a new come back line when u mention the phone is sh**t. Oh really, I love mine, wouldn't trade it for nothing. Give me a break!

I have tried to upgrade on a bi-weekly basis, no go, no how.

I've been with verizon for well over 12 yrs now. When my contract is up, I'll never look back!!
    What issues are you having? If you had 4, its sounds like user error. TONS of people have the Storm and are very pleased with it. If you are not doing the basic things to keep it running smoothly, you arent going to be happy.
    10-10-09 11:03 AM
    I called last night, and they gave me no hassle at all! My new Tour will be here Monday morning!
    10-10-09 11:43 AM
    Glad it worked for you, Spike.
    10-10-09 11:44 AM
    hmm, I thought I was banned?? Guess not, lol.
    10-10-09 02:00 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD