10-15-08 06:06 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    Hey, I had a question, I just bought my 8830 last Saturday- well I was switching from the Moto Q so I had the $44 data plan- now they switched it to a blackberry plan, but its still $44. How can I switch it to the $29? Now, I am on a family shareplan, does that make a difference?
    04-22-08 08:40 AM
    29.99 here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 08:51 AM
    No, you should be able to switch to the $29.99 plan.
    04-22-08 09:47 AM
    How would I go about doing that? Do I just call and tell them I want to switch? I looked online but they didn't give me the option of switching-except to the 10 mb plan.

Thanks again!

04-22-08 10:30 AM
    U have to ask specifically for the email and data plan for the blackberry 29 a month. If you get a rep that chooses not to find that plan. Keep calling back. Its irritating but isn't everything in life these days. LOL

04-22-08 10:40 AM
    Haha, yeah I get what you're saying- I'll try and call tonight! Thanks!

04-22-08 10:43 AM
    I am so confused!! I get a 22% access discount through work then a 20% "feature" discount(whatever that is)...and i pay 44.99 a month extra on top of my family plan for my BB. I just got it last month, and when i called, they only offered me the 24.99 limited plan or the 44.99 unlimited plan which was "highly" suggested. I asked how their prices were so high and not comparable to tmobile etc, and the lady said thats the only 2 plans they offer. I called again tonight after reading this post and still saying there is no other plan.

Now what? I have no idea how i have to pay 44.99 and everyone else pays 29...i cancelled my sirius to get my BB *im a poor college student lol* and if i did pay 29 a mo. i could get my radio back!
    04-26-08 09:20 PM
    Call and tell them to put you on the 29.99 a month BIS email plan..... Somebody has a code in there signature on here, that is the code they need to look up and put on your account.

also you can do this online in your account.
    04-26-08 09:39 PM
    TY very much. I called back again and the girl who answered this time knew what she was talking about and switched it for me. As well they are crediting my account for charging me the 44.99 instead of the 29. All worked out. TY very much
    04-26-08 09:41 PM
    I hate hearing about people being misinformed about this. They cannot make you get a data plan, though promo pricing is offered WITH a data plan. They're also trying to increase their commission and hit their data quota. I've seen it as I used to work in a store.
    I work for VZW and you MUST have a data pkg. There is no possible way to activate it w/o it. Ya it increases our commissions but no one has a way around it. And yes, there are 3 different data pkgs. 1.) 10mb for $24.99 (i do not suggest) 2.) $29.99 unlimited internet/email for regular users with yahoo mail, gmail, aol, charter, comcast, etc 3.) $44.99 for unlimited for business consumers.

SO YES YOU DO NEED A DATA PACKAGE WITH VERIZON WIRELESS.
    04-27-08 12:14 AM
    Of course you can activate it w/a data plan and then cancel that plan the next day to get out of having a data plan.
    04-27-08 12:03 PM
    I got 450 min. talk, 500 SMS and unlimited MMS, best insurance, unlimited BlackBerry data plan $29.99 (BIS) and my bill is $79.79 every month. I use to have the 900 min. talk plan but changed it because ever since I got my berry I realized that I communicate more thru e-mail, bb messenger, and SMS than actually talking on the phone. Your carrier can check your history and see your average monthly minutes used. That way you know just how many minutes you really need, and keep in mind if you have free nights and weekends, free mobile to mobile, etc.This could save you a few bucks on your next bill...
    04-27-08 02:50 PM
    I now don't understand why anyone would get a blackberry without the data plan. If you purchase the blackberry without the data plan I promise that you will not stay that way for long. It is amazing what the blackberry can do with the wealth of applications at your fingertips. Many of them for free.
    I came here to say this as well! Why on earth would you want a blackberry without data? Just buy a regular phone... I'm confused!!
    04-27-08 08:28 PM
    Of course you can activate it w/a data plan and then cancel that plan the next day to get out of having a data plan.
    Won't happen. it never will..... Even if for some chance it does, then I don't want to read you bill.......
    04-27-08 08:30 PM
    I was told you can do that, it doesn't mean you get free data, but it does allow you to get your blackberry without having the data plan.

Now my question is, does the verizon cut off the data access of the device or just charge you for each kilobyte? Becuase if they dont cut off data access w/out the plan and charge you automatically, then yes its insane to not have a data plan.
    04-28-08 10:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure they end up charging you per kb, but I could be wrong. It was that way when my dad bough his xv6700, but the bb plans could be different in that sense.

04-28-08 10:07 AM
    I understand your point, but I would never direct anyone to a Palm smartphone. I LOVE palm's calendar and task manager, and if I couldnt get by without them, I would buy a palm PDA and carry a seperate cell phone before I went back to a treo...and I hear centro isnt really an improvement!

But thankfully I discovered BB and wont have to worry about carrying two devices or being frustrated by palm!
    It was meant as more of a joke. I don't think I'd give my worst enemy a Palm device.
    04-28-08 10:37 AM
    Now my question is, does the verizon cut off the data access of the device or just charge you for each kilobyte? Becuase if they dont cut off data access w/out the plan and charge you automatically, then yes its insane to not have a data plan.
    They do not cut off data, they charge you per KB.
    04-28-08 10:51 AM
    I work for VZW and you MUST have a data pkg. There is no possible way to activate it w/o it. Ya it increases our commissions but no one has a way around it. And yes, there are 3 different data pkgs. 1.) 10mb for $24.99 (i do not suggest) 2.) $29.99 unlimited internet/email for regular users with yahoo mail, gmail, aol, charter, comcast, etc 3.) $44.99 for unlimited for business consumers.

SO YES YOU DO NEED A DATA PACKAGE WITH VERIZON WIRELESS.
    you dont need a data plan they will make you get one and then you can cancel it the next day. you think i dont wanna have a data plan its no teveryone who can afford a 30 dollar a month extra
    04-28-08 09:55 PM
    This CAN be done. Order your BB with a data plan. Call back the next day and ask to have the data plan removed and have them add the National Access Block feature. If you don't ask for that then they will add the KB Pay As You Go feature which will charge you per KB. NOTE: if you do add the block it will prevent you from being able to send and receive MMS.
    04-29-08 11:46 AM
    MMS is tied to the data plan on BB's but not other phones? Interesting. Guess I'll be keeping my data plan ha ha.
    04-29-08 02:16 PM
    How did you swing this? I only get 10MB/month for $25. I thought the unlimited data plan is $45/month.
    i just ordered my curve and my "email and web" blackberry plan is $29.99
    05-10-08 01:07 PM
    today. i call to VZW and told with them i want remove the data plan . and the lady told with me if i remove the data plan my phone will not working . i still student but i love bb. that why i want ask someone who can explan for me why? if use data plan is it will be charge my bill when i use internet . i pay $29.99/month for data plan
    05-10-08 10:47 PM
    Get the data plan
    05-10-08 10:54 PM
    OK Noob here.... I have had verizon for over 9 years now and this is my first BB ( which i love and dont know how i survived with out one this long)... I purchased it about 1 month ago... as everyone else I was activated on the 44.99 Data plan which thanks to this thread i called and had it changed to the 29.99! however im confused...when it comes to Text messaging... im on a 3000 min family share plan and i have the $10 unlimited IN texting plan on my line....i guess where my confusion comes in is that when i use JIVE TALK is that considered texting or Data?? i would hate to get a $500.00 bill for using jive talk... lol
    05-13-08 10:42 PM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD