10-06-11 05:13 PM
66 123
tools
    I bet that email had a copy of our credo right? The phone interview will consist of them verifying your application and making sure everything is correct. Verizon Wireless is very strict on integrity, honesty, your dates you worked for previous companies, salaries, everything all has to be correct. They will also probably ask you a few cookie cutter questions. My advice that my friend gave me before I got hired was to read the credo and incorporate a little bit of it into your answers. Not obviously, just with subtlety. I did it. You're past the hardest part already, this is the 2nd hardest. Most applicants get their applications tossed without getting an interview.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
    07-08-09 05:22 PM
    I bet that email had a copy of our credo right? The phone interview will consist of them verifying your application and making sure everything is correct. Verizon Wireless is very strict on integrity, honesty, your dates you worked for previous companies, salaries, everything all has to be correct. They will also probably ask you a few cookie cutter questions. My advice that my friend gave me before I got hired was to read the credo and incorporate a little bit of it into your answers. Not obviously, just with subtlety. I did it. You're past the hardest part already, this is the 2nd hardest. Most applicants get their applications tossed without getting an interview.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
    Thanks... will do!
    07-08-09 05:28 PM
    I think they stopped hiring people in San Diego, Ca because when circuit city closed all the reps that worked there had to be placed in the stand alone verizon stores so I guess I'm sol.
    07-08-09 08:26 PM
    They'll ask you some personality questions and ask you to explain what you've done in blah blah situation. Sometimes the questions are really vague, so don't be afraid to ask them to explain what they mean by the question if it's really watered down. Mostly, just be honest.

StayFly, it's the same where I'm at. Hiring is essentially frozen and internal promotions is going very slow since our employee base is currently flooded.
    07-08-09 08:39 PM
    I had my call today. I think it went well. You guys were all correct with your advice.. so thanks again!
    07-09-09 02:27 PM
    and now the waiting starts.
    07-09-09 02:28 PM
    yeah... I thought it went well... Who knows what she thought though.
    07-09-09 02:31 PM
    Well if you do get it hopefully you become a knowledgeable, non-lazy, customer-first store rep.
    07-09-09 08:28 PM
    ABQ, NM is hiring about 200 right now
    07-09-09 08:43 PM
    I think he's applying in a store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 09:10 PM
    True, I think our stores might be hiring as well. Sometimes you just have to get a foot in the door
    07-09-09 09:28 PM
    I was thinking of transitioning from CS to Sales..you can make a lot of money
    07-09-09 11:22 PM
    ABQ, NM is hiring about 200 right now
    My wife and I are actually considering moving there. I won't be working at VZ tho.
    07-09-09 11:51 PM
    I'm trying to switch to a store job up in NC, and man, I'm getting nowhere.. Everything is so damn tight nowadays..
    07-10-09 12:41 AM
    I think he's applying in a store

If you're talking about me... 'He's' a she...
    07-10-09 09:06 AM
    Yes but in CS/Tech you don't have to worry with the quotas per say. It went up to 90% instead of 70% in the CAR/TN region. Just something to be aware of.
    07-10-09 09:13 AM
    If possible, get into telesales. You do not want retail.
    07-10-09 09:34 AM
    yeah... I thought it went well... Who knows what she thought though.
    You never know how it goes until later, cant wait to find out how ya did though!
    07-10-09 09:36 AM
    Yes but in CS/Tech you don't have to worry with the quotas per say. It went up to 90% instead of 70% in the CAR/TN region. Just something to be aware of.
    Right but if you don't meet the quota you don't get fired you get "promoted" to customer service which is the same job im doing now! lol

If possible, get into telesales. You do not want retail.
    I don't want to move to Folsom, lol.

If you're talking about me... 'He's' a she...

My apologies
    07-10-09 02:10 PM
    How did this turn out?
    08-01-09 10:32 PM
    YEah looks like its been awhile?
    08-02-09 12:09 AM
    Probably means no
    08-02-09 02:34 AM
    Right but if you don't meet the quota you don't get fired you get "promoted" to customer service which is the same job im doing now! lol
    from what I've been told, if you don't make your numbers, you just get shown the door....especially if there aren't CSR spots open to convert you into.....I volunteered to shift from a sales spot to CSR spot to get away from quotas, less money but much better job stability....
    08-02-09 02:59 AM
    Still waiting. I spoke to HR a couple weeks ago and they said they are still in the 1st round of interviews and that I would be hearing from someone in HR for the next step. I guess if it was a no I would have gotten a letter in the mail?

08-02-09 06:36 AM
    If they say no it will be via email.
    08-02-09 01:42 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD