Hey all I was wondering what is it like to work at a retail store for verizon.... So those that work for verizon let me know the ups and downs please.... Also I applied online so about how long should it take someone to contact me? Thanks all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 09:30 PM
    it is fun
    08-27-08 06:19 AM
    It's fun as long as it's busy...
    08-27-08 08:39 AM
    Hey all I was wondering what is it like to work at a retail store for verizon.... So those that work for verizon let me know the ups and downs please.... Also I applied online so about how long should it take someone to contact me? Thanks all!

usually in about a week, although sometimes it takes up to a month before human resources will call back and pre-screen you. if you pass that, then you will be invited back for a 2nd interview with managers who will decide from there.

working in retail has its ups and down. a lot of it has to do with your management staff, and your peers. my location is a fun one to work at, its a very busy store so the day just flies by..we also have a lot of beautiful women that come in so thats a plus lol :3. there is a lot to learn so be prepared to be sent to training for ~4 weeks if you get hired lol.
    08-27-08 12:50 PM
    I've always thought about getting a part time job there myself for the heck of it but I don't know if they would be able to work around my schedule. I think I would like it though.

08-27-08 12:55 PM
    It's a great company to work for. Benefits are outstanding, and as long as you are good at what you do here, you will enjoy it. The career opportunities are endless. As far as in a retail store, that all depends on the store really. Some stores are much slower than others, but no matter what store you are at, be prepared to work hard and be rewarded well for it. As mentioned before, training is four weeks 8am to 5pm whether you are part time or full time.
    08-28-08 06:21 PM
    I've never got a call back from verizon I wonder why I work in cellphone sales so I can't understand why, plus I know more then most of the verizon employees in san diego.
    08-28-08 06:39 PM
    Verizon gets over 1500 applications per day and hires ~4% of those applicants. Be persistant and if you are the right fit for what that particular manager is looking for you'll get it.
    08-28-08 06:48 PM
    I've never got a call back from verizon I wonder why I work in cellphone sales so I can't understand why, plus I know more then most of the verizon employees in san diego.
    Current employees don't always hear back about their own INTERNAL applications. There's just too many apps coming in.

08-28-08 06:58 PM
    Current employees don't always hear back about their own INTERNAL applications. There's just too many apps coming in.

this

i applied for a new position on 7/3 of this year and didnt hear back until the beginning of august regarding it lol.

and im an internal applicant.
    08-28-08 07:36 PM
    I've been working for Verizon for about 3 yrs now and let me tell you it is fun. I have never worked for a better company than this. My suggestion for all that want to apply os have patience and persistence.
    08-29-08 11:15 PM
    Thanks guys I'm going to continue to talk to them and see if I can work for the best cellphone service in the us!
    08-29-08 11:52 PM
    I've been working for Verizon for about 3 yrs now and let me tell you it is fun. I have never worked for a better company than this. My suggestion for all that want to apply os have patience and persistence.
    You will definitely have to have that in anything you do!!
    08-30-08 12:09 AM
    They have a section of their site devoted to working at verizon. It covers everything from faqs to employee life. Hope it helps. www22.verizon.com/about/careers/working_here/working_here.html
    05-26-09 03:03 PM
    Its really all about the management in your store. I work in a relatively slow store (we have our moments) and it is pretty good. Most of us work well together ha ha. Benefits are the biggest thing for me, they are great!
    05-26-09 03:06 PM
    I love working in the store, however, it is retail and only getting one weekend off a month isn't all that fun.

It is what you make out of it and the people you work with make it a horror story or fun time. My store has it's ups and downs but overall I spend more time with most of them than I do with my own family.

And it took about 3 months from initial call to hire date for me. I've heard it taking up to 6 months and as little as 2 weeks. It's all about the need.
    05-26-09 03:11 PM
    I love working in the store, however, it is retail and only getting one weekend off a month isn't all that fun.

It is what you make out of it and the people you work with make it a horror story or fun time. My store has it's ups and downs but overall I spend more time with most of them than I do with my own family.

And it took about 3 months from initial call to hire date for me. I've heard it taking up to 6 months and as little as 2 weeks. It's all about the need.

LOL you work in a store with good morale obviously! I have had 1 weekend off in the last 11 months.

We also have a boss that "awards us" with recognizing you awards....but doesnt give them to us.
    05-26-09 03:16 PM
    I just seen the store on Stringtown Road in Grove City is hiring. I also seen the Call center in Dublin was hiring a few weeks ago.
    05-26-09 03:31 PM
    Love working for the company, been with VZW for about two years now and have been in both busy stores and slow stores. When its slow, it's just like anything else, the day can drag but there's plenty you can do to fill the gaps. Getting in with the company is not easy of course, but anything worth doing never is.
    05-26-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD