OK - So I bit the bullet before Christmas and purchased myself a BB storm with the new every 2 deal. Now my work is giving me a BB 8830 WE and I don't really need 2 BB's. What are my options to get out of my personal contract with the Storm? It is on a family plan that has been active for 6 years or so. I still want a personal cell phone but don't need a BB w/data plan.

I had it unlocked and used it internationally with no problems. Can I sell it on ebay and activate another non-BB phone. Will that automatically cancel out the BB data plan?

Whats the best way to handle this financially? The work BB is on a the Verizon network as well!
    03-08-09 10:26 PM
    It is your phone, yes you can sell it and yes you can activate a regular phone and can the data plan
    03-08-09 10:35 PM
    Yeah you can sell it. How much you looking for it? I've got some normal phones if your looking for one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 02:22 AM
    Can you activate the Storm on your business line and just get a regular phone off ebay or craigslist??
    03-09-09 08:09 AM
    What I would look at, before you decide what to do, is how you use your personal BlackBerry. Is there anything you like/need it for that work might monitor/restrict or might otherwise be job-affecting?

Just to toss out a thought-provoking item here - say you work for a company owned by anti-tobacco types and you pointed your BlackBerry to Thompson Cigar Co. Would this affect your job rating? What if you wanted to text your family - would that be okay on your work BlackBerry? Maybe you'd like to listen to Slacker. Would installs of third-party apps be restricted? Would you really want the boss to possibly find out you spent lunch reading the Bible or Penthouse Forums online?

If it were me, I'd keep the two separate, as I do now. I have a personal BlackBerry account and a business BlackBerry account - yet I am a partner in the business.

Other than these thoughts, what was written before this post all have merit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD