I am looking for some advice. My work is giving me a blackberry and giving me the option of either the Storm 2 or Bold through Verizon. Which is the better option for a sales person who travels?? Which is easier for business and mainly sending/reading email. The other main use would probably be using internet for maps, searching, etc..

IT was steering me towards the Storm 2. FWIW, I'm not worried about picking up the whole touch screen thing with the Storm 2 ...

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Last edited by jr2688; 06-19-10 at 10:54 AM.
    06-19-10 10:52 AM
    Primarily, the question is going to boil down to "touch screen or not?"

I'm all for the Bold 9650. Its quite a bit faster, and the response on the trackpad and keyboard is fantastic.

The Storm2 is a pretty neat phone too. If you're into larger screens, and want to deviate away from a normal Blackberry in terms of trackpad/trackball/keyboard, its probably the phone for you.

*Edit* I'd honestly suggest doing a side-by-side comparison of both phones on Verizon's website or on Phonescoop.com.

Phonescoop's side by side of both phones.
    Last edited by Shermanmanman; 06-19-10 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added info
    06-19-10 11:37 AM
    Tell your IT department you want to try one for a week, then the other. They should be able to let you have a loaner if they don't want to activate a device. The only way you'll be able to evaluate a touch screen vs a keyboard is to try both yourself.
    06-19-10 11:45 AM
    I would say you can get away with the Storm but if the Bold is faster than take that. Typing in compact qwerty mode in portrait isn't bad on the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 12:28 PM
    Bold, and it's not even close unless you're legally blind and need a bigger screen.
    06-19-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD