Just got my Curve this week. Holy Crap is it cool!

Does anybody know if you can get an app or something that will allow me to store, view, and send word and excel files?

Thx

Also, how do you know what OS version is on your phone?
    05-16-08 11:37 PM
    Also, how do you know what OS version is on your phone?
    Options > About. Look at the third line, it should start with a V.
    05-17-08 12:01 AM
    ...Does anybody know if you can get an app or something that will allow me to store, view, and send word and excel files?...
    Docs-to-Go is supposed to be coming in 4.5. Another product available today is eOffice. It has a free trial, I didn't like it but you should try it for yourself.

You can store word and excel files on your media card using drag and drop today, but you can't edit or view them.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-17-08 at 12:34 AM. Reason: clarity
    05-17-08 12:33 AM
    Docs-to-Go is supposed to be coming in 4.5. Another product available today is eOffice. It has a free trial, I didn't like it but you should try it for yourself.

You can store word and excel files on your media card using drag and drop today, but you can't edit or view them.
    Thx a lot for the info on Docs 2 Go.

How do I store on media card. I sent a word doc to my e mail, highlighted it, hit menu>save, and now I dont know where to find it
    05-17-08 05:41 PM
    when it gave you the choice to save what was the path?
    05-17-08 05:52 PM
    it should be stored by default in you internal memory in the file documents if you didnt insert a memory card..

You can use Desktop manager to drag it back to your memory card
    Last edited by FaBerry; 05-17-08 at 06:11 PM.
    05-17-08 06:09 PM
    You can use Media Manager as FaBerry noted, but I prefer drag and drop with Mass Storage mode enabled. You can't directly save attachments on the Media Card. In Mass Storage Mode, your device looks like another drive on your desktop.
    05-17-08 10:07 PM
    thx for the help so far everyone.

Geez, if only the rest of thw world would be as nice as the people on this site

Anyway, I opened my message with the Word file of my resume on it that I want to save to my BB. I dont want to save the message, just the document so I can attach it to recuruiters if needed. I highlighted the word doc within message and hit menu and then save. I am able to see that the message is saved on my device but not the actual file. So then I opened up my Word file and was able to view it but there was no option to save the doc.
    05-18-08 06:43 PM
    That's what I meant by you can't directly save attachments on the media card, with the native software. You have to save your attachment on your pc desktop, then drag n drop it to a folder on the media card. Once there, you can't open it or do anything with it except store it there. That will all change with Docs to Go.
    05-18-08 08:41 PM
    any idea when docstogo is comming out?
    06-04-08 02:48 AM
    They keep saying it is coming soon. You can go to their website and sign up for an email alert when it does become availible. I too am waiting.
    06-07-08 12:39 PM
    Anyway, I opened my message with the Word file of my resume on it that I want to save to my BB. I dont want to save the message, just the document so I can attach it to recuruiters if needed. I highlighted the word doc within message and hit menu and then save. I am able to see that the message is saved on my device but not the actual file. So then I opened up my Word file and was able to view it but there was no option to save the doc.
    Welcome to Blackberry in 2008 - you still can't do something as 20th century as storing an attachment on your SD card although I just posted how you can do this here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...chments-41560/

Regarding word and excel docs, eOffice will read them so I bought it. Unfortunately it does have its moments crashing or freezing (not sure if it's just Java slow or the 8830 lame processor) at times but it's the only thing that works and it will work for you. I'm still trying to figure out PPT and PDFs, both of which usually are completely illegible using BB's reader.
    06-07-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD