<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
    Have any S1 users lost their search options in the BB browser and replaced with MS Bing. Once again VZW has taken the liberty of removing and replacing items on our phones, I have both the S2 and S1 and noticed so far it's only happened to the S2, my S1 is fine with search options intact. When I contacted VZW about it this morning, at first they played like they didn't know, then came back with it was affecting S2 and not S1, but noticed in a thread in the S2 forums that other bb's besides Storm users are affected as well, just wondering if other S1 users have been affected.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 12-17-09 at 04:36 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    12-17-09 04:36 PM
    I just have widget and I hid it. I still have Google as search engine.
    12-17-09 04:43 PM
    A few...

Verizon Users Only Showing BING For Their Search Engine Choice

So far my Tour has not been hit with Bing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 04:45 PM
    Refer to thread above. But resend your service books on your S1, and you will see your new option.
    12-17-09 05:00 PM
    I resent my service books a little bit ago and I still have google.
    12-17-09 05:06 PM
    I think it's a storm 2 issue...my storm 1 has been fine.

This is not related to that OS leak they just had is it?
    12-17-09 05:07 PM
    As I posted in the S2 thread and also above, per the call made to VZW this morning, it was not supposed to affect the S1 and so far it hasn't, just my S2.

I just wanted to find out if any other 9530 users has had their's replaced or if it's still holding. It would coincide with what VZW told me this morning if so.
    12-17-09 05:19 PM
    I think it's a storm 2 issue...my storm 1 has been fine.

This is not related to that OS leak they just had is it?
    No, it's not leak related. Take a look @ the thread in the S2 forums about this and someone had posted a link to a news blog about the deal VZW and Microsoft made concerning this.
    12-17-09 05:21 PM
    Refer to thread above. But resend your service books on your S1, and you will see your new option.
    Have sent them 5 different times today and still no change.
    12-17-09 05:23 PM
    S1 here, resent my service books and Google is still my search option - I do have the bing icon but I have not activated it.
    12-17-09 09:15 PM
    S1 here, resent my service books and Google is still my search option - I do have the bing icon but I have not activated it.
    Yeah, that's for the app version!
    12-17-09 09:35 PM
    I still have Google! HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    12-18-09 12:15 AM
    The app is NOT a search engine! I just notice that many people confuse the app with the search engine.

The app is actually very cool. Its a local search to find stuff like restaurants, theaters and shops. Type in what kind of food you are in the mood for and the nearest restaurant will pop up along with directions and the phone #.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:29 AM
    Yet another example on how the "big brother" control that RIM imposes on BBs to either carriers via BIS tools or companies via BES tools is BAD for the consumer. If this was a BES thing from a corporate company down to a company owned phone, fine, so be it. However, those same tools are now being handed to carriers by RIM to push VPL Service Books (install icons for apps you may not want) and these other forms of "Pushed" content which we don't want!!! Unfortunately, it looks like the only solution to this is to switch platforms as RIM is too stupid to realize that consumers don't want this sort of BS control. Fug you RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-18-09 12:24 PM
    Same here.
    12-18-09 12:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bin...-users-387360/

interesting read on what the "VZW tech chic" says about it here in the last post
    12-18-09 12:25 PM
    still have google...no bing
    12-18-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD